Author Topic: My best recorded example of 2h sword hitting through block.  (Read 7777 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Just to prove when I say it went through my block I'm not talking horseshit.
Btw, was just recorded not long before the latest patches, using the so called OP LHB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwVd5LE_bI
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:37:47 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: My best recorded example of 2h sword hitting through block.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 04:55:58 pm »
Well this is also an example of wolves fail. Kinngrimm obviously hasnt trained you in the art of not failing.  :lol:
Constructive advice never helped anyone..... probably.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:58:55 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 05:05:00 pm »
Don't tap your blocks and this won't happen, looked like he was delaying some attacks on you as well which is a great technique to 'go through blocks'

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »
Well this is also an example of wolves fail. Kinngrimm obviously hasnt trained you in the art of not failing.  :lol:
Constructive advice never helped anyone..... probably.

Well what can one do when they've read this but troll? :P I'm sure there's loads of people who thought I made it up when I said their hits went through my blocks.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 05:08:24 pm »
Don't tap your blocks and this won't happen, looked like he was delaying some attacks on you as well which is a great technique to 'go through blocks'

I don't just tap, like clicking a mouse button, but I admit to not holding blocks all the time. The video shows how effective 2h swords are at feinting and the speed of the weapon itself, combined with a faster player CLEARLY makes it OP.

It's bloody annoying when people say this and that and this and that is OP, when they use the easiest frag harvesting weapons in the mod, being 2h swords.

If feint spamming is dealt with then a players true blocking so called 'skill' will be left to bare for all to see.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:10:27 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:10:08 pm »
Well what can one do when they've read this but troll? :P I'm sure there's loads of people who thought I made it up when I said their hits went through my blocks.

It's not going through your blocks, you're tapping your block & thus failing. You didn't wait for the weapon to hit, you looked panicked by the way the screen was jerking all over the place. I'm not trolling, shit happens, & it may look like its going 'through' your block but it's not, you let go of your block at the right moment to let it in, you did it at the end with his delayed side swing as well.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »
It's not going through your blocks, you're tapping your block & thus failing. You didn't wait for the weapon to hit, you looked panicked by the way the screen was jerking all over the place. I'm not trolling, shit happens, & it may look like its going 'through' your block but it's not, you let go of your block at the right moment to let it in, you did it at the end with his delayed side swing as well.

If I was just tapping it then the weapon wouldn't stay over my head when his sword comes down on it. The combat is fast paced and I don't have the luxury to hold left block for 10 minutes, I'd be dead in less than a second.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 05:12:56 pm »
I don't just tap, like clicking a mouse button, but I admit to not holding blocks all the time. The video shows how effective 2h swords are at feinting and the speed of the weapon itself, combined with a faster player CLEARLY makes it OP.

It's bloody annoying when people say this and that and this and that is OP, when they use the easiest frag harvesting weapons in the mod, being 2h swords.

If feint spamming is dealt with then a players true blocking so called 'skill' will be left to bare for all to see.

You're using a long hafted blade, one of the easiest frag harvesting weapons in the mod.
What are you whining about again? I thought it was fucked up hit boxes? but since you were wrong there now you're saying it's about 2h being over powered.. Yeahh, maybe you need some more practice my friend. No offense, but saying things are OP because you got beaten because you made terrible mistakes in a panic doesn't make me want to believe you.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 05:13:59 pm »
You're using a long hafted blade, one of the easiest frag harvesting weapons in the mod.
What are you whining about again? I thought it was fucked up hit boxes? but since you were wrong there now you're saying it's about 2h being over powered.. Yeahh, maybe you need some more practice my friend. No offense, but saying things are OP because you got beaten because you made terrible mistakes in a panic doesn't make me want to believe you.

Have you or anyone else seen me saying, HURR 1H GOES THROUGH MY BLOCK, OMFG POLEARM GOESTHROUGH MY BLOCK?!!?!!?!? OMG MAUL GOES THROUGH MY BLOCK?!!?!?!?!.. no.. 2h swords, that's all.

Your opinion of the LHB is a giveaway that you're probably a 2h sword user yourself. LHB beat people because of its range and its stun more than its speed, most people are too dumb to realise this. Yes it had a strange fast strike sometimes but I've noticed all polearms do that.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:16:05 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
If I was just tapping it then the weapon wouldn't stay over my head when his sword comes down on it. The combat is fast paced and I don't have the luxury to hold left block for 10 minutes, I'd be dead in less than a second.

Wrong, you'd be dead if you dont hold your block to whatever attack he has when he's in range.
Delayed attacks are one of my fav things to do, when someone moves even the slightest bit from their correct block, either to attack or miss block for whatever reason, I let go of my swing, and bye bye, right through the animation some times, even with shielders. It has nothing to do with being OP, I do it with 1hers, & pole arms too, it's a technique.

Go to the duel server, practice with good players, you'll learn.

& actually I just said that about LHB because you said it about 2h? see how stupid it made me seem? now see how stupid it makes you seem. xD

Classes are really balanced at least to me, just my opinion, but I know that 2h doesn't specifically go through blocks & by watching the video you posted I see what you're doing wrong I don't see anything OP or glitched or anything.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:20:43 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
Wrong, you'd be dead if you dont hold your block to whatever attack he has when he's in range.
Delayed attacks are one of my fav things to do, when someone moves even the slightest bit from their correct block, either to attack or miss block for whatever reason, I let go of my swing, and bye bye, right through the animation some times, even with shielders. It has nothing to do with being OP, I do it with 1hers, & pole arms too, it's a technique.

Go to the duel server, practice with good players, you'll learn.

& actually I just said that about LHB because you said it about 2h? see how stupid it made me seem? now see how stupid it makes you seem. xD

How about you come to the duel server? Clearly you just want to speak shit.

I've never claimed to be the best player in the world, I know when I failed to block, just as I KNOW when the block has failed me.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:19:15 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 05:22:55 pm »
How about you come to the duel server? Clearly you just want to speak shit.

I've never claimed to be the best player in the world, I know when I failed to block, just as I KNOW when the block has failed me.

I'm not claiming to be the best player ever, and I'm not speaking shit, I'm trying to tell you what you did wrong so you can correct it and stop shooting your mouth off about "THIS IS OP BECUZ IT BEAT ME OMGZZZ SOMEONE ELSE AGREE WITH ME BUT DON'T YOU DARE DISAGREE WITH ME COZ I'LL FREAK"

Which duel server? I'm NA but I wouldn't mind if your EU I can show you what I mean by holding your attack, I'm not being hostile, please don't take it that way, I just sound like a dick over the internet no matter what I say.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 05:25:43 pm »
blocks just dont work sometimes, not exclusive to 2h AFAIK.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 05:27:26 pm »
Yeh, i do the same delayed swing with my polearms and 1hers and it gets people who don't hold their block for more than 1/10th of a second.  Be a little less spastic with the mouse, maybe try holding a block and pushing forward instead of backpedaling and you can gain some time by forcing him to turn rather than playing to his charging forward in a straight line.   What's nice is you can be sure they are feinting if you don't hear the sound of their weapon contacting yours.  But you definitely can do what that 2her did with any melee weapon except maybe the longpike (stab only).

Yes, all weapons occasionally go through blocks due to packeet loss, but its still few enough times given how many times you successfully block that its not a big deal, and this video was not a demonstartion of that.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »
There are rare occasions when it does indeed seem like an attack goes through a block, generally it's just caused by lag or releasing the block too soon. This looks like you just released too soon.