Author Topic: Advanced Question about Horse/Crossbow Builds  (Read 812 times)

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
Advanced Question about Horse/Crossbow Builds
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:50:08 am »
+7
edit: I meant to put this in general discussion. Can a moderator help a brother out?

Hi,

I've recently started playing HorseXbow, and things are going pretty well.

I'm having a little problem perfecting the build, however. I want to make sure that I am playing this class to 100% of its potential.

I'm having a problem working out the mathematical breakpoint where quality vs quantity breaks down.

Basically, I want to know if it is better to say "lol, outplayed" after every SINGLE kill? or just "lol, outplayed" every now and then?

Looking for help to play the class properly and min/max my obnoxiousness.

TY in advanced,

Johammeth.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:53:54 am by Johammeth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
Re: Advanced Question about Horse/Crossbow Builds
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:59:03 am »
+1
I would guess your best bet would be to only say it on occasion, thereby reducing your chance of being muted by people. That way you can continue annoying them, just not enough for them to consider you worth the effort. Plus, by saying it only when the time is really right, it makes you look like more of an asshole than just a trolly douche, which can be a good thing based on what you are going for.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:20 am »
Riding and HA as high as possible, and all your wpf into Xbow. Gear wise you'll want a fast horse for the projectile speed bonus and of course  loomed xbow/bolts. When you are shooting at people keep your direction of movement in mind and try to be charging straight to get max speed damage bonus(also helps damage when your target is charging you). Avoid throwers. Learn the art of bumping someone down, then turning around and shooting them while they get up. And you should only say "outplayed" to people who complain about ranged cav.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »
Can you explain what is your build? We can not comment on something we don't know.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »
Reserve your sick burns for really embarrassing kills. Shame those who done a shameful thing.

Are you 7/30 or whatever the standard HX build is?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 07:40:05 am »
+1
Are you 7/30 or whatever the standard HX build is?

Nah, man... He has "24/7 omg lol" build.
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.