Author Topic: Animation bug  (Read 650 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Animation bug
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:33 am »
+1
I don't know if it's a problem of cRPG or Warband itself, but here it goes: sometimes I start a right swing (for example), but the animation played is a stab, and, when I release the attack, it's a right swing after all. It's usually confusing and annoying. It might have to do with my relatively high ping too.

I would like to know why this happens, if you do.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Animation bug
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:03:01 pm »
I think that it's lag-related. Sometimes I get an overhead animation which stops in the middle and continues as side swing and things similar.
With the server running... well... not optimal, I guess it's related to that.

Oi Overlords, any ETA on that server switch? At least my ping keeps getting worse...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:31 am »
I've noticed this a lot in the past couple weeks. I see others complaining about it more often as well. Is this server issue or wse2 related?
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:55:16 pm »
+2
I've noticed this a lot in the past couple weeks. I see others complaining about it more often as well. Is this server issue or wse2 related?

This has been occuring forever, so I don't think it is wse2 related. Like benkei said, it is related to lag issues. Also, I believe that it only looks like this client side. On everyone elses screen, it should look like a normal swing.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 02:53:35 am »
This has been occuring forever, so I don't think it is wse2 related. Like benkei said, it is related to lag issues. Also, I believe that it only looks like this client side. On everyone elses screen, it should look like a normal swing.

It couldn't be clientside, my ping is stable and has nothing other than the animations on block/feints/swings are showing symptoms of lag.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 04:01:32 am »
+1
Packet loss, temporary instability, ping spike at the moment of attack causing wrong direction to register.

Rarely caused by the server, as much as you need something to blame. :wink:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:58:26 am »
+1
I get those too sometimes. But only for myself (I haven't seen other players doing that). I make a left swing, it looks like an overhead, but still comes out as a left swing. So there is nothing wrong, but it can still confuse. Worst case is when the same happens with blocks, I make a left block, it looks like a downblock altho it still is a left block. Sometimes very annoying if I end up panicking and try to change my block just as the swing connects.

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:28 pm »
Been happening mainly with blocks for me, although I occasionally get it on attacks as well, seems to have been happening more oftenly since I started using WSE2.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.