Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 31900 times)

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2011, 02:39:06 pm »
chadz if you need shelter in the long and cold winter nights, I have relatives in osterreich, maybe I can ask them to accomodate you  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chipmunk

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2011, 02:40:44 pm »
Great, just pure awesome! Can't say anything else.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2011, 02:42:07 pm »
Finished, your favourite "class" is a hillariously broken elephant trampler and one of the best examples why upkeep needs to be as it is. Sure, it is fun to trample infantry, and hey, if you screw up, no problem, try again, if you impale yourself on a spear ten times it maybe even dies. One of the reasons why people like upkeep is precisely to avoid everyone eventually turning into a lol elephant rider and playing the game of retarded bumper cars trampling the odd peasant.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Pecores_Marzi_le_fourbe

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »
chadz, thanks for all. It's pretty rare to see this kind of devotion (times killer? :)), You deserve to make money with this. It look like the begining of counter strike..
Players:
Pecores_Marzi_le_fourbe
Pecores_Marzi_le_perfide
Pecores_Marzi_le_couillon

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2011, 03:23:53 pm »
Yay, i gave chadz the 100th Karma point :D
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2011, 03:27:45 pm »
chadz, thanks for all. It's pretty rare to see this kind of devotion (times killer? :)), You deserve to make money with this. It look like the begining of counter strike..
[/b]

Could well be as there's an autobalanceless/ non-autobalance option meaning people can organize clans into teams. cRPG could have it's own 5 vs 5, 8 vs 8 or 10 vs 10 ladder where clans fight each other to get to first place. This opens a whole new competitive world into cRPG similar to that of Counter Strike or any top competitive team-based games. Imagine, livestream channels put up to show live matches or even Strategus battles taking place with commentary in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWkyQpr7Sqk  :shock: .
Anyway, that's just a wild idea of mine, which I would like to see come true  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
All I have to say is: Thank you :!:

chadz, you put a lot of dedication into this mod and I believe everyone can see that the outcome is great! Stay true to your ideas and vision of where you want to go with crpg, so far you have not disappointed me.

The recent changes were great and greatly needed to help people having fun again. I love to be able to actually test my SKILL against others and not only my GEAR  :wink: And, with the last ninja-patch modifier to reward winning a bit more, there should be enough incentive for players to want to win.

I hope you eventually reap the rewards of what you sow, not only by people thanking you for the mod, but also financially!

Thank you again!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:38 pm »
You deserve to make money with this. It looks like the begining of counter strike..

I've said the same thing many times. cRPG feels a lot like counter strike in the early days: by far the best game out there being a tiny mod, beating big game companies by simply having a game that's more fun than all the rest.

The potential of cRPG is huge. It's a largly undiscovered gem among many, many crappy games. I think cRPG is the reason why more and more people are playing warband.

I wouldn't be surprised if warband will soon break the 5k barrier on peak time players. And many warband users don't even use steam so the actual playercount may be much larger indeed. I've been checking steam stats on warband a lot lately and the amount of players playing it is growing steadily.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
Warband already beat lesser games like Killing Floor (horrible), Day of Defeat (actually a pretty good mod, if dated) and Left for Dead one (mostly redundant because of L4D2). I wouldn't be surprised at all if warband's popularity will keep growing and so will the playerbase... mostly because of cRPG. Soon warband might even beat Battlefield Bad Company 2... and we all know how big the battlefield franchise is... how much money went into that game.

I think we can safely say that cRPG is the next Counter Strike.  8-)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2011, 04:21:31 pm »
Patch is not bad chadz and you should never turn a mod in something you don't like.

Let the ones that can't live without plate and chargers change their mind or go these are the things which should have been changed with the patch anyway.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »
The potential of cRPG is huge. It's a largly undiscovered gem among many, many crappy games. I think cRPG is the reason why more and more people are playing warband.
I've played M&B for years. When Warband came out, I played with the trial version a bit, didn't like the new animations, didn't feel like there were grand new things in singleplayer, never was a big fan of playing multiplayer with random people.
When I heard about cRPG, I just went ahead and bought the game.

chadz definitely should've gotten a percentage of that.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »
Well spoken

Offline Murthag

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murthag
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:15 pm »
So let's have fun and Long life to cRPG!
I like this way of mind

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2011, 05:03:34 pm »
chadz, thanks for all. It's pretty rare to see this kind of devotion (times killer? :)), You deserve to make money with this. strike..

I dont know if anyone ever heard of magna mundi mod for Europa Universalis 3 ?
Well it became so popular that Paradox is now founding "magna mundi the game" that will come out in july/august.

I wish the same would happen to this incredible mod, it really deserve it.

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2011, 05:40:18 pm »
I wish the same would happen to this incredible mod, it really deserve it.

So that some other people can decide what they want from this mod/game, because they paid for it (or even worse: because some publisher pays chadz for coding it)?
No.. This should remain a mod as long as chadz can bear the low temperature in his appartment :D
(I once made a mod that has been bought by a publisher, I know what I'm speaking of.. The At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. in the moment you sign the contract.)

It would be a much better idea to donate a few coins to chadz and his great work. I wanted to create a paypal account anyways..

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2011, 05:44:29 pm »
i've always liked skill based games

some of the longest running games have shit gfx cos they were made in 1990's but still have a following because the playability is still there, combined with team-work and "arcade style play" where you can just jump in and arent penalised for not playing every day

i DO play crpg every day but like someone said to Gutts; "All you want to do is swing your sword."

All I wanna do is swing my sword and i fucking love it