Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 30753 times)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2011, 12:02:15 pm »
Jesus...how can you call yourself a pvp'r with that opinion? Grind =/= skills.

Grind =/= skills

The reason the game is more skills based now, is that nobody has broken the game with their level 40 characters. And there is a even playing-field.

Now go fuck yourself  :wink:

grind was part of skill,  example merlin88 ? a very bad player even if was a fucking grinder and in full plate.

now go fuck yourself,        ball less player,   who wanna all and easy since start  we no   stomach for  earn something with time.        go play native if you wanna born spawn in leather and use only your skill,    this mod have rpg on name, that means levels, means exp, means gain something from this stuff, i was all up for nerf platers, nerf bonus, make levels more hard, and  speed 1-30 levels.       everything for    make ppl feel gimped if they  are not lev 40+, but from that to     negate every single    bonus possible gived by months of playng no

and now mod is not skill based, is random based,    wanna skill only again,   make that only who kill gain xp and gold, and lets see who will go around in plate if me or you

this mod is what is thx to player like me who  grinded 9 reset of chars,   first than ppl like you comed  , i think we deserve a little more consideration.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:04:12 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2011, 12:05:25 pm »
i was all exited about the repair costs. It forced me to rethink my gear choices... every round! Did i dare to use my good stuff? How confident was i that i could make our team win this round? Did i dare to gamble and risk paying 10k or more repair costs?

[.............................]

Then the .201 patch came and winning the round didn't matter anymore: gear decays anyway and so rethinking my gear and the 'gambling' aspect vanished.

I feel the same.

True, that's why i asked chadz to see if he can get the "win = no repair costs"-change back into cRPG. I'm confident that if that's possible, he'll get that back in there. After all, the game is supposed to be played to win.

I think the main reason why the "win = no repair"-change was taken out was this: people tended to go naked when they thought the team was about to lose a round again instead of trying to win. Personally, i think people were just angry and protested by going naked.

Guilty. Caught in the act. I even wrote it in team chat : 'I m done with this team.' lol
I had brought my best stuff, Gaga too, we did what we could but it wasnt enough, we lost 3 rounds in a row, I lost A LOT of gold (over 40.000 gold), and on top of that, I got teamattacked by a couple of negative players..............................so yeah, it was intented to provocate the team a bit.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »
Guilty. Caught in the act. I even wrote it in team chat : 'I m done with this team.' lol
I had brought my best stuff, Gaga too, we did what we could but it wasnt enough, we lost 3 rounds in a row, I lost A LOT of gold (over 40.000 gold), and on top of that, I got teamattacked by a couple of negative players...so yeah, it was intented to provoke the team a bit.

Hahahha ah well, i think if we all give the right example, this going naked thing will stop. There is a simple alternative: a minimal gear layout! Peasant or slightly-better-than-peasant gear really doesn't cause any significant repair costs. So it would be fine to be 'done with this team' and switch to minimal gear instead of going naked. Maybe you get lucky and get a win anyway! And if not, nothing lost. I mean, with the tens of thousands of gold people now earn every night, what's hundred or two hundred gold repair? Nothing!

As soon as people figure out that not going naked but going minimal gear is the way to go if you have no faith in your team, it will get better. :)

In my 800+ hours of cRPG i've seen some pretty unlikely wins. I've seen teams win against all odds. I've seen games start at 40 vs 40, go 30 vs 5 then 15 vs 1 and still have the 1 guy winning the round for the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:13:45 pm by Phazey »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2011, 12:17:19 pm »
True, that's why i asked chadz to see if he can get the "win = no repair costs"-change back into cRPG. I'm confident that if that's possible, he'll get that back in there. After all, the game is supposed to be played to win.
that fast.

If you play with 1x modifier all the time, you could support in theory 20-25k of gear. If you play with 5x modifier all the time, you could support 100K+ of gear. That's *not* a incentive to win? How?

And we all know how autobalance works. It does its job after the first round, then more or less quits working. So you're free to bring out the lame stuff which was the reason upkeep was introduced in the first place, and it costs you nothing, and further cements the losing team's devastation. With the new gold generation, dozens of us could afford plated tanks and black armour for the "yay, we're on the winning team" situations.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:19:38 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2011, 12:21:08 pm »
+1
Progressing and if you want to call it like that, grind is why I played cRPG and not Native.

Goddamnit : it's called "cRPG"

Call this mod "Mario Kart" if you don't want a grind factor. The name cRPG is misleading since the patch.

What I liked was skill and grind put together. As a skilled player, you can take out grinders without any difficulty. The best results come from people that are both skilled and have grinded much. If you have less equipment/levels, the odds are against you with an equal player skill. There's no shame in loosing. Some people are now defending the patch because the pre patch version was a "tincan oneshotting peasants" fest. In fact it was very far from that. Less than roughly 10% of players had plate. Many of the best players were using mid armor, and the best weapons weren't the costly ones.

If chadz really plans on making cRPG a Native mode with little to no grind and some additional (and imba) armors and weapons, great I suppose. The "build what you want" thingy isn't very true, since you can choose a class and your gear in Native too.

Offline Eyerra

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:17 pm »
I still love chadz.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2011, 12:31:20 pm »
If you play with 1x modifier all the time, you could support in theory 20-25k of gear. If you play with 5x modifier all the time, you could support 100K+ of gear. That's *not* a incentive to win? How?

I explained it a couple of times but you see my posts and your brain is blocked with, ah, the fucking asehole that bumped me to death with his fucking heavy plated charger a fucking thousand times......................

And we all know how autobalance works. It does its job after the first round,

In other words: I am doing ok the first round, autobalance thinks I am a superhero that can lead a bunch of losers to victory, I get teamswitched, and I fail. I am no superhero. With the right team I can kill many, with a fail team I can do a k d of 2, perhaps 3 but thats it. What can I say what can I do what I am supposed to do? Play extra bad the first round? Not my style. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »
Progressing and if you want to call it like that, grind is why I played cRPG and not Native.

Call this mod "Mario Kart" if you don't want a grind factor. The name cRPG is misleading since the patch.

What I liked was skill and grind put together. As a skilled player, you can take out grinders without any difficulty. The best results come from people that are both skilled and have grinded much. If you have less equipment/levels, the odds are against you with an equal player skill. There's no shame in loosing. Some people are now defending the patch because the pre patch version was a "tincan oneshotting peasants" fest. In fact it was very far from that. Less than roughly 10% of players had plate. Many of the best players were using mid armor, and the best weapons weren't the costly ones.

If chadz really plans on making cRPG a Native mode with little to no grind and some additional (and imba) armors and weapons, great I suppose. The "build what you want" thingy isn't very true, since you can choose a class and your gear in Native too.

you take the point m8

grind only player   where bad plate or not plate.

ppl who like this patch are ppl who where afraid to never match      good player+grind,      now they can hope to one shoot them    with 2h sword becouse  we all wear shit stuff,  so 1 error = die.

2h user gained more bonus from this patch than what they where previously,         str build      are even more powerful with ppl with less athletics, armor,  wpf,    skillpoints, hp.     etc
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:33:59 pm by Vicious666 »

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:09 pm »

RPG means Role Playing Game, so we playing different roles, within the limit of 30ish levels, u wanna be 9 str super agi ninja with katana and pure 2h wpf: DO it. Pure Strengh knockdown/crushthru linebreaker character, do that, you can make any char withing 30 levels, usually you will hybridize too. But not when u max out you can start another char, maybe this one with xbow and 1h, and max them in a few days, then have that character too

I see the game as better, since for me the fact rpg=gring is what keeps me away from mainstream "rpg's", since THAT kind of gameplay is mainly: Press 1, 2, 3, 4, s, 2, s, s, 1, 2, 3, 4, I win.

BUMP my question: 2h Halfswording: Polearms WPF or 2h WPF used?
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2011, 12:36:28 pm »

grind was part of skill,  example merlin88 ? a very bad player even if was a fucking grinder and in full plate.

now go fuck yourself,        ball less player,   who wanna all and easy since start  we no   stomach for  earn something with time.        go play native if you wanna born spawn in leather and use only your skill,    this mod have rpg on name, that means levels, means exp, means gain something from this stuff, i was all up for nerf platers, nerf bonus, make levels more hard, and  speed 1-30 levels.       everything for    make ppl feel gimped if they  are not lev 40+, but from that to     negate every single    bonus possible gived by months of playng no

and now mod is not skill based, is random based,    wanna skill only again,   make that only who kill gain xp and gold, and lets see who will go around in plate if me or you

this mod is what is thx to player like me who  grinded 9 reset of chars,   first than ppl like you comed  , i think we deserve a little more consideration.

Grind can never be apart of 'skill'. By saying that you have proved (atleast to me) that you are not only a poor player but also ignorant.

I think its you that wanna have it easy, if you have not noticed i play with sub-par equipment to you and probably less level (36 max). You however in your plate behind your shield on your horse is what i would refer to as playing easymode. No real pvper hailing from UO would ever disgrace himself like you have.

If they made is so only those that kills get exp & gold..I do not think you would wear plate (if we started at scratch) but neither would i, as i would prefer black-lam over plate.

You are a tool and you know it.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2011, 12:39:03 pm »

I sense so much rage in this post it's insane, everything from excessive insults to bad grammar and just random rambling. Anyway "grind was part of skill" made me grin.

Also, RPG does not equal grind.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:42:28 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2011, 12:40:29 pm »
RPG means Role Playing Game, so we playing different roles, within the limit of 30ish levels, u wanna be 9 str super agi ninja with katana and pure 2h wpf: DO it. Pure Strengh knockdown/crushthru linebreaker character, do that, you can make any char withing 30 levels, usually you will hybridize too. But not when u max out you can start another char, maybe this one with xbow and 1h, and max them in a few days, then have that character too

I see the game as better, since for me the fact rpg=gring is what keeps me away from mainstream "rpg's", since THAT kind of gameplay is mainly: Press 1, 2, 3, 4, s, 2, s, s, 1, 2, 3, 4, I win.

BUMP my question: 2h Halfswording: Polearms WPF or 2h WPF used?

are you really that stupid or what? is a troll right?

what you not get is that the problem is not the class you wanna play  but the means to play a mod based on levels when arrived at lev 30,  play have no more gains.     xp and lev lose sense.        do 50:1  k/d have no sense, since              autobalance is fucken as hell,       so you need only to do some kills first rounds than you can go afk becouse autobalance put first 5-10    kilers on opposite team, and end of any balancement, tactics.

you not play anymore for exp char. you already 30 and gain 2 lev is 100 ml xp for go 32.
you not play anymore for equip, becouse even if you do , you cant use it for more than a couple of rounds.
you not play anymore with tactics becouse you not even need to be on fight,  you can sit afk      on the map waiting for xp and gold.

for what we are playng then a role play game, where  the  deep factor, is completely erased .   , the grow factor of the char

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »
You play to better yourself at the game. Not the character.
Atleast, that's what I do.

Offline hidden

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: hidden/HiddenArcher
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2011, 12:45:53 pm »

RPG stands for Role Playing Game which means exactly that, a game where you act out a role (which doesn't really fit cRPG that well anyway since most people just buy the best equip then can). Many RPGs also include skills and the ability to upgrade and improve skills which cRPG does.

The only way the patch is different is that the amount of grind is reduced, so how does less grind make it any less of a RPG.

Does RPG now mean fuk-ton of grind?

Anyway the difference between native and this is that you keep your gear at the end of the round , can design you character in many different ways and have a much larger choice of gear as well as a gradual progression of improving your gear and equip (you know that thing "grind" which is still there just less)

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:43 pm »
Grind can never be apart of 'skill'. By saying that you have proved (atleast to me) that you are not only a poor player but also ignorant.

I think its you that wanna have it easy, if you have not noticed i play with sub-par equipment to you and probably less level (36 max). You however in your plate behind your shield on your horse is what i would refer to as playing easymode. No real pvper hailing from UO would ever disgrace himself like you have.

If they made is so only those that kills get exp & gold..I do not think you would wear plate (if we started at scratch) but neither would i, as i would prefer black-lam over plate.

You are a tool and you know it.

if grind was no  skill

why all ninja where  agi abuser with 2h sword'?      al same builde spam spam spam spam, that worked vs  noob player but not vs good player.

all so bad that everytime i saw a ninja i was going towards him and he was dead withouth even force me to faint lol

an entire clan based on a skill-less    build, now talk about skill.

funny indeed