Author Topic: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!  (Read 29681 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: chadz and cRPG - a lovestory!
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2011, 05:58:05 pm »
To all the others (or new players) that still think the game is fun, let's start a new chapter and have a fun trip to see where the project cRPG ends - because I have no fucking idea.

Yes
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2011, 10:05:09 pm »
It wasn't a game any more, it was a grinding marathon. I know some liked that, but I didn't. I am not trying to create a free2play version of WoW here, and if some got that impression, I am sorry to have wasted your time.

well the level calculation thingy says 148h for level 31 on x1.
so if you always have a x1 multi you just need 6.1 days.
leaves 0.9 for sleep and food  :mrgreen:

You was right. But you keep wasting my time.

Please tell me why do we need grinding? Why not just start with level 31? Seriously!
Sorry for my English.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2011, 11:18:03 pm »
At night I pray to chadz an u know what same 50/50 chance of me getting what I want

I love this mod and chadz and all of u *brofist*
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline mammoni

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2011, 10:13:26 am »

Please tell me why do we need grinding? Why not just start with level 31? Seriously!

You are assuming level 31 is the goal of the game. It is not. The goal is to have fun, and to have your own character to develop. Getting to level 31 and retiring is the donkey's carrot for the grinders who need a sense of achievement.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2011, 11:48:32 am »
oh you got troll point for that  :wink:

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2011, 12:02:14 pm »
You are assuming level 31 is the goal of the game. It is not. The goal is to have fun, and to have your own character to develop.
You can develop your character even if you start with level 31. Or if you get ten times more EXP (not gold). You just need to distribute your AP and SP wisely. And then you can play for fun.

Getting to level 31 and retiring is the donkey's carrot for the grinders who need a sense of achievement.

"to wait" is something different from "to achieve". And please read one more time.

I know some liked that, but I didn't. I am not trying to create a free2play version of WoW here, and if some got that impression, I am sorry to have wasted your time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:10:43 pm by Homer »
Sorry for my English.

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2011, 03:22:49 am »
It´s all gooood 8-)

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 20, 2011, 02:12:39 pm »
chadz can't understand that M&B is an action game. There is grinding in action games, but here it's not a way to success. We can get new items and abilities, but they are just different, not more powerful. In cRPG, higher leveled players have a real advantage (esp. high gen players) and it's unfair, it breaks the game.

And I can't understand silence of chadz. If I'm wrong, please put me in my place.
Sorry for my English.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »
chadz can't understand that M&B is an action game. There is grinding in action games, but here it's not a way to success. We can get new items and abilities, but they are just different, not more powerful. In cRPG, higher leveled players have a real advantage (esp. high gen players) and it's unfair, it breaks the game.

And I can't understand silence of chadz. If I'm wrong, please put me in my place.

Sounds like you missed the last patches bro.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2011, 02:40:09 pm »
chadz can't understand that M&B is an action game. There is grinding in action games, but here it's not a way to success.

Huh? What? Grinding in action games? Grinding and action? Are you sure?  :shock:  :wink:

We can get new items and abilities, but they are just different, not more powerful. In cRPG, higher leveled players have a real advantage (esp. high gen players) and it's unfair, it breaks the game.

I don't get your post. In the upper quote you complain about grinding being no way to success, in the lower quote you complain about higher leveled players having unfair advantages?

What exactly do you want?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »
Sounds like you missed the last patches bro.
The last time I played cRPG was about a week ago. I had three different characters (lvl. 26-29). I don't wanna waste my time anymore.

Huh? What? Grinding in action games? Grinding and action? Are you sure?  :shock:  :wink:
In a way, yes. Why do you think there are idlers in TF2?

I don't get your post. In the upper quote you complain about grinding being no way to success, in the lower quote you complain about higher leveled players having unfair advantages?

What exactly do you want?
I think in action games old players shouldn't have any real advantages (besides their skill) over new players. But they might be able to get some interesting but useless features instead (like hats in TF2). Also they might be able to get different but not more powerful features (like in BFBC 2). It doesn't mean that we should radically change the game. Just remove generations and let new players to reach a level cap in a couple of days.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 03:59:26 pm by Homer »
Sorry for my English.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »
Just remove generations and let new players to reach a level cap in a couple of days.
why not starting straight at highest lvl - not to waste those couple days in vain

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2011, 04:35:23 pm »

Go back to native.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Homer

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 20, 2011, 04:38:44 pm »
Don't be sarcastic! If you have something besides your intuitive views, tell me why I'm wrong.
Sorry for my English.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2011, 06:52:10 pm »
Even the title of the mod says you're wrong: cRPG. And don't start a rant about how RPG means a totally different thing and has nothing to do with levels, attributes and skills, I have played my sessions of P&P RPG, thank you. It is NOT a pure action game like TF2. It is INTENDED that new players are weak and underpowered. If you don't like that, maybe you should look for something else.

Besides, even in so called pure action games like Call of Duty, new players are at a disadvantage.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?