Author Topic: Need help, CD key issue.  (Read 680 times)

Offline Tinoshi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Need help, CD key issue.
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:57:05 am »
+2
Hello fellow warriors!!! I have stumbled across a problem and hoping someone has a resolution. I've recently bought my brother a copy of warband so he can play Crpg with me, but for some reason even though he has a separate Serial Key than me, when he joins a server while im playing it kicks me off and vise versa. I've already gone through both computers and looked through "regedit" to verify that we dont have the same cd-key and we dont. SO please if theres something I'm missing here then please tell me.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Need help, CD key issue.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:17 am »
Hello fellow warriors!!! I have stumbled across a problem and hoping someone has a resolution. I've recently bought my brother a copy of warband so he can play Crpg with me, but for some reason even though he has a separate Serial Key than me, when he joins a server while im playing it kicks me off and vise versa. I've already gone through both computers and looked through "regedit" to verify that we dont have the same cd-key and we dont. SO please if theres something I'm missing here then please tell me.

I'm not really versed in these things, but do you have the same IP? My brain is telling me it wouldn't let two same IP's on the server.

Inb4 "NO YOU'RE WRONG YOU FUCKING bundle of sticks DICKHEAD CRYMOAR WANKER"

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 07:09:31 am »
Same issue. Need help.

Necro

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:22:49 am »
Hello fellow warriors!!!
You shouldn't start a message like this. Some people reading c-rpg forum are archers and crossbowmen.  :lol:

On a serious note, maybe try going on IRC and ask some of the devs. Maybe it's same IP that prevents 2 chars from playing at the time. Maybe it's one of those anti-multiaccount systems. Ask developers of the mod (go to the Chat tab) look for Meow, cmp, whoever.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:26:04 am by BlueKnight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 12:26:59 pm »
Although this topic is quite old already, BlueKnight, it's possible to play with 2 accounts on 1 IP on the crpg servers.

The problem here must be connected with the cd keys.

@ OP: Does either of you use a steam account? Whenever you changed the cd key in the regedit and start warband by steam, the steam cd key gets selected and changed in the regedit. Therefore, if you want to play without the steam cd key but with the other key on one pc, you got to install the game again (download it from taleworlds.com, and change cd key then and select "do not start with steam" when the crpg loader asks you).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me