Author Topic: AoW vs Illdist and mates  (Read 9195 times)

Offline ildist

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • hehexd
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS, THE MATES
  • Game nicks: Ildist_of_Chaos
Re: AoW vs Illdist and mates
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 05:49:41 am »
+2
had fun m8s, derped and didn't bring c sites

I BLEW IT MAN
Malaclypse: now every time I eat them I think about her that girl's snatch
Malaclypse: it tortures me
That Guy: wat

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2013, 07:25:34 am »
Siege is spelled with a S..... Not a C
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:05 am »
+1
Siege is spelled with a S..... Not a C

Construction is built with a C

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2013, 07:32:58 am »
But from where I come from we call them siege sites.

I'm too dumb to know how to quote so.... I just love you.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2013, 07:51:19 am »
+3
u r 1 cheeky kunt m8 i swer on me mum ill bash ur fooking faec in m8

Offline Herr_Thomas

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wolfgang
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2013, 11:17:43 am »
+1
u r 1 cheeky kunt m8 i swer on me mum ill bash ur fooking faec in m8

oi bruv u bettah shut your mouf befor i shove my stonking tadger in ur shit box m8 i sware i will

Oh, and style matters way more than anything else regarding armor.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 06:19:06 am »
Yet another close battle...
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2013, 06:42:29 am »
+2
Without a doubt if you have a Chaos tag and in another strat faction ( you are obvs working together ). It's such a coincidence Illdist and mates attacked us at the same time when Chaos did. It's impossible for a 7 man faction to have twice as many troops(plate armor) then us without the help of Chaos. Stop denying it on the forums to make you look good. And stop posting in our faction hall. I made a thread in the deplomacy section.

Since some argument got cross-posted somewhere it didn't quite belong, I'll address this here, I guess.

I sincerely don't know what the Mates are going to do before it happens. As far as I could see, it was coincidental when they went after Teutonic Knights, since Ildist has never really seen fit to make it clear what he's doing to me. It did just seem like they were rallying to the war on our side when Chaos attacked you, but the notion you're trying to imply (and Kesh, as well; see these posts ), that they're full-blown allies with us, is not the truth.

You didn't directly say that directly, but here's the rub: the S&D in the Mates' territories empties out relatively routinely, or pert' near. They're actually active, as far as I can tell, and apparently more active than you've been, considering the amount of S&D leftover in your fiefs compared to theirs - but more importantly the fact that they've got three current fiefs, and had another for over a week until you took it. It's easier to get gold when you've got the means to do so and territories to generate S&D in. I can't tell you how they've managed to get the gold to afford as many tickets as they bought from us and gear them up, let alone to gear them with armor as heavy as varangopoulos part way. They haven't gotten any money from us, whatever else we've exchanged with them.

"Working together" is not the same as allied, and it is not the same as handing over resources for free, either. Not to disparage, of course, the fact that it happens or the people who do that (such as Chaos and FIDLGB). The Mates haven't gotten their plate armor from us, and they haven't gotten the gold to buy it from us. Any "working together" is by way of trade agreements and access to the same information, nothing more. Malaclypse wasn't trying to make us look good; the Mates (incidentally now a 10-man faction) have not been given anything by us for free, and you're just being accusatory to make us and them look bad, in your faction thread or not.

Yet another close battle...

Now this is something I think we can all agree on: These recent Art of War vs. Republic of Mates fights have been incredibly engaging, intense and fun as a result. Cheers to us all for you guys' war, I say.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 06:45:30 am »
They haven't gotten any money from us, whatever else we've exchanged with them.

"Working together" is not the same as allied, and it is not the same as handing over resources for free, either. Not to disparage, of course, the fact that it happens or the people who do that (such as Chaos and FIDLGB). The Mates haven't gotten their plate armor from us, and they haven't gotten the gold to buy it from us. Any "working together" is by way of trade agreements and access to the same information, nothing more. Malaclypse wasn't trying to make us look good; the Mates (incidentally now a 10-man faction) have not been given anything by us, and you're just being accusatory to make us and them look bad, in your faction thread or not.

Nobody said they did, malaclypse just admitted they got 3K troops from you guys for dirt cheap, that's all.  No one said they got gear, just you talking about it now.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 06:48:31 am »
Nobody said they did, malaclypse just admitted they got 3K troops from you guys for dirt cheap, that's all.  No one said they got gear, just you talking about it now.

Wesley implied just that by putting "plate armor" in parentheses. On top of which he mentioned "help" as though it wasn't a matter of making payments for those troops.

Dirt cheap is also relative, as I don't think we've ever gouged anyone for prices on anything, ever.*

*Except maybe when I sold Partyboy that fief.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:54:00 am by Canary »

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2013, 06:52:07 am »
+9
I'd never heard Canary sperg out quite so epically before the end of this battle, 10/10

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2013, 06:55:42 am »
Yeah HOC_Grunt_Taxtros was leeching for most of the battle while spawning on our champion rouncies and using up most of them while dying afk.  Took a while to get him kicked then he rejoined.  he died 44 times this way and AOW lost by 33 tickets and we were out of horses during the last 300 tickets when we stopped doing a 1 for 1 :(

Its true, one guy can decide a battle.  Needless to say he was added to a couple clan's blacklists.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2013, 07:19:18 am »
+7
Yeah HOC_Grunt_Taxtros was leeching for most of the battle while spawning on our champion rouncies and using up most of them while dying afk.  Took a while to get him kicked then he rejoined.  he died 44 times this way and AOW lost by 33 tickets and we were out of horses during the last 300 tickets when we stopped doing a 1 for 1 :(

Its true, one guy can decide a battle.  Needless to say he was added to a couple clan's blacklists.
I wouldn't say he single-handedly lost the battle for you guys...to put the blame on one person is a bit ridiculous. Witchcraft went 9:34, Fringe went 9:33 and Dach went 9:32. But they are not to blame. The kill death ratio for the mates was simply better than the AoW side and there were many other reasons for the loss. One I can think of is losing your flags twice and getting your forward spawn attacked. Another would be the dominance rohypnol displayed in the battle. Finally, the commander was able to (for the most part) keep us from pushing out too far. Either way it was a close and exciting battle and I look forward to more!
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:35 am »
I wouldn't say he single-handedly lost the battle for you guys...to put the blame on one person is a bit ridiculous. Witchcraft went 9:34, Fringe went 9:33 and Dach went 9:32. But they are not to blame. The kill death ratio for the mates was simply better than the AoW side and there were many other reasons for the loss. One I can think of is losing your flags twice and getting your forward spawn attacked. Another would be the dominance rohypnol displayed in the battle. Finally, the commander was able to (for the most part) keep us from pushing out too far. Either way it was a close and exciting battle and I look forward to more!

Lol - we were doing better than a 1 for 1 until our weaker armor ran out down to broken lamellar while you guys still had  almost 70 body armor the entire battle, it was around the same time we ran out of horses.  We never had more than 50ish body armor the entire battle and were doing better than 1 for 1 as attackers.  And yes someone just standing still leeching our best and most limited gear for most of the battle did make the difference between winning and losing when we lost by 33 tickets.  Sitting and doing nothing, without him those tickets would not have been lost since being afk contributes nothing.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2013, 07:47:02 am »
+7
So what is it kesh, was it the weaker armor or Taxtros that lost you the battle? He had 9 kills, who is to say those 9 killed wouldn't have gone on to kill 4 of your guys, thus nullifying your ticket advantage? What if Dach didn't play and allers got 100 kills? It's all a lot of "ifs" and you're the only one who seems to think this way. Large battles are not decided by one person unless it someone comes down to a 1 versus 1 duel (which would be awesome). If you accept your wins as superior team tactics, then accept your losses as a team as well and acknowledge the other teams efforts. Sorry for ruining this thread AoW!
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."