Author Topic: A way to make the game FUN for new players?  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: A way to make the game FUN for new players?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:59 am »
tbh being new is the funnest part. your leveling up getting stronger, if you dont enjoy that then you missed half the point of cRPG. its later on when your lvl 30 that it gets boring and becomes a dull grind.

Offline yakri

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 07:50:34 am »
tbh being new is the funnest part. your leveling up getting stronger, if you dont enjoy that then you missed half the point of cRPG. its later on when your lvl 30 that it gets boring and becomes a dull grind.

That part is great, it would just be better if it happened over a shorter amount of time, especially since you can't reset skills.

25-50% faster leveling would be fantastic imo, and/or a sharper curve at a later level, so that noobs can hit level 15-ish much faster.

Most builds become semi-viable at least around that point, 20 is a little better, but you can manage at 15.

At 10 you still get killed due to crappier equipment/stats all the time.

under 10 you just die out of hand.

The noob levels can be amusing, but only if they don't last too long, and at least I think they do right now.

Also, you can't actually start getting better until you get something close to your final setup.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 08:56:25 am »
As someone said, the mod as never be so open to new players, before big patch it was a real pain to suffer first steps as a noob.

Now you can be lvl20 and have viable equipment in few hours (some say it's too fast, some say they miss it, but it's elitist bs). If you have problems now as a new player, it's no more a matter of gear, but a matter of skills and time to learn how to survive. It's that the begining are very hard, try to stay close to good players to see how they play, learn to defend and block, footwork and timing are the key.
You will need time before enjoying a good duel or a charge that ends by death of your enemies.

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 06:59:04 pm »
I know I got to at least 15 in a day..so it's far from impossible.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
What? How? That's a retarded build.
You'd have to put points in Athletics for the pikeman, which is useless for the Cavalryman.

I must be retarded then. I never needed lots of Athletics for any melee build, less in my opinion if you are going to be pikeman (you are not going to be blocking/ dancing)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 04:13:56 pm »
Granted this isn't so effective on siege,

Heh, I don't think you've seen the CanYouBlockDown and CanYouBlockUp train then.  Granted I doubt they can play on siege very much because Brunchlady can't seen to play on highly populated servers, and seeing as now even I can't play on them anymore due to server lag I am guessing they haven't been able to show other pikers how it's done.
-idlewind

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »
When I first got into crpg I was not good at all 6 hours in I had about 4 kills and 100 deaths, then I went to dual severs and got better. Its not hard to get any skill in a game it just takes time
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.