Author Topic: This Steam sale has...  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: This Steam sale has...
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 07:36:36 am »
1.) Interesting, I have had steam since December of 2003 and have yet to have this "memory leak issue"... Then again 1500 hours of cs in my life, who knows maybe it is waiting for me next year! ^_-
3.) Hardcore and gamer... Lol?
5.) I come from competitive cs I know games can "survive" with a small base, but is it better? IMO no you need new blood, simply being an elitist prick because you are older is flat out stupidity at its finest. You should go play backgammon or some other game if you hate playing with young people so much.
6.) I can agree with you on this, UO is the best example. BUT this is NOT a mainstream MMO and probably never will be.

Last time I bought a cd was probably 6+ years ago, good riddance I say.

1)  Check the steam forums.  Do a search.  There's tons of threads about it over and over again throughout steam's lifespan.
3)  Look at Digglez post, which that was directed at.
5)  Usually it IS better.  See point 6.  A small steady influx of players is good.  A mass influx of noobs is bad.  Being an elitist prick is one of the perks of being a gamer since monochrome text-based games.
6)  No, it's not a mainstream MMO but the point still stands which you agreed with.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline HarleyThebeard

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 08:04:30 am »
i convinced atleast 10 people to buy a copy lol and im myself came from the dec steam sale

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 10:01:29 am »
Steam sale = Increase in teenage players, Increase in ranged players (somehow I feel they are related), Increase in trolling on the servers, Increase in whine, Loss of the tightnit community feeling, Loss of alot of the laughs that went along with playing the mod, Increase in "OMGSRSBZNSGRINDING" crap.

Just my view of it though.  I hate steam, always have.
How's those newbies headshotting you? Oh, right, they aren't.

Cry less about archery, it's at it's most balanced it's ever been.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:35:57 pm »
Lol dont know why you're making a big deal out of teenage gamers.  Teenage console players prob outnumber teenage computer gamers by 10 to 1.

Steam is the best non-gaming addon to date, if you dont recognize that, maybe you should hop in your Delorean and go back to the 80's.  The reasons you listed are complete non-issues.  Sounds like you've done little to no gaming thru Steam.  You sound just as bad as the ignorant annoying children you so hate gaming with.

Steam helps build communities not destroy them.

*axe chops Gorath thru his tinfoil hat*
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:38:29 pm by Digglez »

Offline Hyroshi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 06:21:20 pm »
Lol dont know why you're making a big deal out of teenage gamers.  Teenage console players prob outnumber teenage computer gamers by 10 to 1.

Steam is the best non-gaming addon to date, if you dont recognize that, maybe you should hop in your Delorean and go back to the 80's.  The reasons you listed are complete non-issues.  Sounds like you've done little to no gaming thru Steam.  You sound just as bad as the ignorant annoying children you so hate gaming with.

LOL well put.
"Heaven is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -Stephen Hawking

Offline HarleyThebeard

• Noble
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »

if it wasnt for steam i would have never seen this game atall, people on my list started playing so i looked into it then it was on sale on steam i got it, i loved the game so much next steam sale i got 10 people to buy, now most of them like the game so your right it does build the communities, and FYI all the people i got to buy the game where 25+

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 07:03:00 pm »
Age is unimportant, maturity is what counts.
I'm an old player of cRPG (April-july 2010, joined the official forums a couple of weeks after I discovered the mod, as I recall) but certainly not the oldest and I have played warband since its release and mount and blade before that since midway through its lifespan, yet I don't feel the need to be an elitist jerk to every new player I encounter. Anyway more players is generally better for any game simply because more players = more chances of donations = servers alive longer = mod lives on longer.

The tightly knit communities do still exist, we can see that as crpg expanded the feeling of a tight community moved from the servers to the forums to where it is now inside the clans.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:37:39 pm by Peasant_Woman »
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »
Steam sale = Increase in teenage players, Increase in ranged players (somehow I feel they are related), Increase in trolling on the servers, Increase in whine, Loss of the tightnit community feeling, Loss of alot of the laughs that went along with playing the mod, Increase in "OMGSRSBZNSGRINDING" crap.

Just my view of it though.  I hate steam, always have.

actually this is probably the game/mod with the highest average age i've played in a very long time

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 10:53:08 pm »

Nice post.

Steam is pretty decent tbh you can buy and a top selection of new released games, they support indie developers which is always a good thing, its a chat program just like raptr or xfire, it also as you have seen bring in a boat load of new players to warband.

You get teenagers on any game on any platform but most of the time you will find the trolls and idiots are usually over the age of 18 and acting like keyboard warriors.

Over all nice easy to use program which lets me hammer my BT unlimited infinity package!

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 11:07:48 pm »
steam sales for the win

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 11:35:38 pm »
I usually order games online and they often cost half as much as steam, arrive in a couple days. you get a box and cd and DONT have to log into steam to play them.

so yeah steam massively overated tbh. I dont mind it for when im playing tf2 or whatever but i'd rarely buy games off there.

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 12:21:36 am »
steam sales for the win
I bought sooo many useless games in the summer ahd winter sales that ill never play lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mulas

• Noble
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 12:35:52 am »
bought it for $7.49 dollars.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:21 am »
I usually order games online and they often cost half as much as steam, arrive in a couple days. you get a box and cd and DONT have to log into steam to play them.

so yeah steam massively overated tbh. I dont mind it for when im playing tf2 or whatever but i'd rarely buy games off there.

And when I'm logged in I can see what my friends are up to, what new games have been released, IM or chat with buddies, join servers that my friends are on instantly, manage clan/communities, organize clan events etc, track achievements, etc etc

Oh ya and I never have to keep track of the discs OR cd-keys ever again.

Running out of HD space? Just remove a game you havent played in a while, download it when U wanna fire it up again.

My games update/patch automatically

Good luck waiting for games on release day when ordering physical media..thats a fucking trainwreck compared to digtal pre-installs and unlocks
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:31:41 am by Digglez »

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:17 am »
We must convert the native noobs to chadznism! GO prophets of chadz GO!
Just a soldier