Author Topic: Thoughts about live (voice) RP (events) in cRPG  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Thoughts about live (voice) RP (events) in cRPG
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:59 am »
I think what you described is pretty much waiting for us in "Epic". Warband isn't comfortable for RP, though still it's possible... like RP-ing in Counter Stike)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 10:46:05 am »
I will participate if it's without TS. I hate listening to lonely nerds with no friends.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 10:51:33 am »
+2
I think what you described is pretty much waiting for us in "Epic". Warband isn't comfortable for RP, though still it's possible... like RP-ing in Counter Stike)

WB indeed isn't really comfortable for RP. But we made it possible, i see no reason why it won't work this time.
I believe Epic is more like Strategus, which doesn't appeal to me that much. Or better. But still, Epic isn't coming very soon, is it? RP is something different entirely. It's about playing your role and sticking to your cause and the general plot.

I will participate if it's without TS. I hate listening to lonely nerds with no friends.
Typing-RP has proved to be one of the most uncomfortable way to RP in such a dynamic game as Warband. Voice RPing fits much better. Typing makes everything slow.
Well i am a nerd with a girlfriend, job and friends, will you listen to me RPing? BTW i can do both Russian and asian English accents   :lol:

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 11:32:43 am »
+1
from ol' good times when cRPG was still a small rpg mode with html website and black armor ever ugly Gnjus running around and killing people ...

Do you people even remember everything else from early cRPG days ? You're like the 25th guy mentioning this during the last year.....while I could recall so many great things that people rarely mention.  :)

On topic tho:

This will never happen and I can tell you why.

Clans despise each other, I`ve been to several teamspeaks, and I`ve heard each clan dissing the other.

Mercs were dissing Templars, Templars were dissing Byzantines, Byzantines were dissing Fallen and on and on and on.
Thats the only reason that I don`t want to join a clan, I feel like that if I join one, I will have to start dissing the others, and I have friends in all the clans.

but thats just my opinion.

Roleplay....ah roleplay........I've been doing it in a way for a long time now (would you believe it !) on EU1 and I must admit: one of my greatest fears left in this mod is the bare thought I might actually begin to like that pair of first class my old friends Jackie Chan & Royal Asshole (not to mention others, it would make a long list) once I've met them so I prefer keeping it this way rather then spoil the magic.  :twisted:

What someone said: maybe its too late for this mod due to its many limitations and maybe this is something better left for Battlegrounds or Bannerlords or any of its mods where you will simply have more options of making a good roleplaying video as well to go along the voice acting.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36:50 pm »
+7
This is a great way to preserve our virginities

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »
+6

from my experience, gamers who call other people nerds and failers, are the biggest losers in life.

get a grip.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2013, 12:44:48 pm »
+7
10k says trolls will cock up the entire thing, this is cRPG after all.

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 12:54:20 pm »
Do you people even remember everything else from early cRPG days ? You're like the 25th guy mentioning this during the last year.....while I could recall so many great things that people rarely mention.  :)

What someone said: maybe its too late for this mod due to its many limitations and maybe this is something better left for Battlegrounds or Bannerlords or any of its mods where you will simply have more options of making a good roleplaying video as well to go along the voice acting.

Well, i do, but the first guy to get black armor was the most memorable thing back then) And how we used to gang up you, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to do any damage with our scythes and hunting bows  :lol:

Nah, we could pull it with vanilla Warband Native, so i don't see why we can't do this on cRPG

10k says trolls will cock up the entire thing, this is cRPG after all.

True enough. But they won't be in roster for the next RP event for sure. Usually all trolls get kicked out after the first session.

Well, to make it short, i will try to get the first RP event up and we will see how it goes. It's kinda useless to blabber and talk about things that people never seen or tried - better show them  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:00:08 pm by Felix »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
Re: Thoughts about RP (events) in cRPG
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2013, 02:28:40 pm »

Clans despise each other, I`ve been to several teamspeaks, and I`ve heard each clan dissing the other.

Mercs were dissing Templars, Templars were dissing Byzantines, Byzantines were dissing Fallen and on and on and on.
Thats the only reason that I don`t want to join a clan, I feel like that if I join one, I will have to start dissing the others, and I have friends in all the clans.

Wait a sec... noone dissing HRE??? :shock:

On topic - isn't there a mod, which actually has quite some structure for RP stuff? I think Miwiw was/is involved with those somehow, as one evening I found a bunch of HRE's roleplaying some arabs... or some such :rolleyes:

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2013, 03:33:52 pm »
What i and all my clanmates need is just small forest so we can do our job of colecting.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 03:39:55 pm »
+4

Wait you think because people diss oen another we hate them? HAHAHAHA.  I'd happily hang out in the byzantium channel if i wasnt made to look like such a scrub playing with them.

I'll rip on ninjas for beign my old friends, mercs for being elitest pricks and HRE for being a huge collection of noobs but that doesnt mean i wouldnt hang out with those people.  Shit i'll even talk to you :P
Turtles

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2013, 03:45:07 pm »
+1
Wait you think because people diss oen another we hate them? HAHAHAHA.  I'd happily hang out in the byzantium channel if i wasnt made to look like such a scrub playing with them.

I'll rip on ninjas for beign my old friends, mercs for being elitest pricks and HRE for being a huge collection of noobs but that doesnt mean i wouldnt hang out with those people.  Shit i'll even talk to you :P

You`ll talk to me because I`m your da.

oh and BTW, prepare my crown, only 92 points left..  :twisted:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »
+1
The day you reach 999 is the day you get perma-banned again.
Turtles

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »
"roleplaying" aka two guys having cyber sex over a video game with 20 year old graphics.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
Re: Thoughts about RP in cRPG
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »
+1
Can I be the beggar please??

Away with you wile beggar or somwthing like that.
Tl;dr old mcBeggat had a farm but it was all burn'd down.

Welcome back greek.

+1 for idea.
Deserters played pw and all of us were giving 150%

So if my trolls did it, dunno why others wouldnt
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat