Author Topic: The Definitive “People Who Thought Chechnya was the Czech Republic” Collection  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
This isnt about pointing to places on maps, this about the comprehension that place A is place B, purely because you've never heard of place A.

If there was a bomber from Wyoming, I wonder how many ppl would be tweeting about how they want Waikiki blown up.

But yes you;re right, ignorance is everywhere in varying degrees.

Finally.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
The fact that the U.S. remains the world's preeminent economic, scientific, and military superpower despite the fact that most of our population is compromised of ignorant morons is a testament to the nation's greatness. I'm not ashamed of my ignorant countrymen, but maybe the rest of the developed world should be ashamed that they have failed to knock the U.S. off the pedestal, given their apparent intellectual and cultural advantages.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
This isnt about pointing to places on maps, this about the comprehension that place A is place B, purely because you've never heard of place A.

If there was a bomber from Wyoming, I wonder how many ppl would be tweeting about how they want Waikiki blown up.

But yes you;re right, ignorance is everywhere in varying degrees.
Dude, did you watch the news? They never said the people were from Chechnya, they called the people "Czechnien", which could easily be thought of as people from the Czech republic.
At least not during my limited time of watching CNN trying to bore myself to sleep.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
I don't see why the Czech minister is concerned. Idiotic people making statements like those above would certainly never travel to his country anyways. And he should be happy about it.
You'd be surprised, those are exactly the kind of people who like to go to foreign countries, take pictures of themselves standing next to famous places whose meaning they do not have a clue about, spend a shitload of money, and then head back home thinking their country is superior, which AMERICA always is.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
The fact that the U.S. remains the world's preeminent economic, scientific, and military superpower despite the fact that most of our population is compromised of ignorant morons is a testament to the nation's greatness. I'm not ashamed of my ignorant countrymen, but maybe the rest of the developed world should be ashamed that they have failed to knock the U.S. off the pedestal, given their apparent intellectual and cultural advantages.

:lol:

Oh my sides. Please keep me entertained more.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
It's not that funny tho! The US is the joke itself, especially if you connect it to the word "power". :D "super" even makes it better, does it!?
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile

Well, it's hard to counter that argument, because it is not really an argument at all. How do you compare these things? GDP, SJR, Military Budget? If you do so, do you include the EU as a power, or do only political countries qualify? Also, if you really want to be fair, you have to compare these things per capita, and I'm afraid that if you do so, USA will not be first in any of the three categories by quite a margin.

But spoken in total values, you are correct, of course. USA is just a damn big country, so it's not really that surprising.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 391
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Jews are what made USA superior. They are indeed superior, there isn't that many of them but they have a very high percentage of successful and historically important people.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Well, it's hard to counter that argument, because it is not really an argument at all. How do you compare these things? GDP, SJR, Military Budget?

Well, you asked:
GDP-PPP per Capita: US-$46,588.10 vs EU-$31,182.49 (US 49% higher)
Gov't R&D spending per Capita: US-$350 vs EU-$180 (US 94% higher)
Military spending per Capita: US-$1676 vs. EU-$390 (US 430% higher)

Again, not trying to start a nationalistic pissing match. Just acknowledging that while the U.S. may be full of ignorant, unhealthy, uneducated morons, we still "ain't nothing to F with".

Sources:
http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2010/01/battle-of-titans-us-vs-eu-gdp-per.html#.UXWjI7XvuFA
http://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=2922381_pone.0012203.g008&req=4
http://www.eda.europa.eu/docs/documents/EU-US_Defence_Expenditure_2010_1.pdf

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
I consider myself above average intelligence from America, I knew that Chechnya was different than the Czech republic

You can find retards in any country, America doesn't have the market cornered on that front.  But keep finding the lowest common denominators and thinking that represents a whole country.

Proceed to carry on with your circle jerk (whatever helps you sleep at night)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Military spending per Capita: US-$1676 vs. EU-$390 (US 430% higher)

We got 2013. Today Military Strength should actually considered being a joke, especially if youre so proud about it. Well, the US may need it, as they start wars every some years. Amazing... anyway...  :mrgreen:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 1687
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Well, you asked:
GDP-PPP per Capita: US- vs EU- (US 49% higher)
Gov't R&D spending per Capita: US- vs EU- (US 94% higher)
Military spending per Capita: US- vs. EU- (US 430% higher)

Again, not trying to start a nationalistic pissing match. Just acknowledging that while the U.S. may be full of ignorant, unhealthy, uneducated morons, we still "ain't nothing to F with".

Sources:
http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2010/01/battle-of-titans-us-vs-eu-gdp-per.html#.UXWjI7XvuFA
http://openi.nlm.nih.gov/detailedresult.php?img=2922381_pone.0012203.g008&req=4
http://www.eda.europa.eu/docs/documents/EU-US_Defence_Expenditure_2010_1.pdf

You shouldn't compare USA with whole EU, because there are countries like Bulgaria and Greece that make EU look bad. Unlike USA, EU isn't finished project and can't be considered as a country.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
“People Who Thought Chechnya was the Czech Republic” Collection
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 11:37:29 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I'd wager than the percentage of Americans that can find Chechnya on an unmarked map is roughly equal to the percentage of Europeans that could do the same with the U.S. state of Wyoming. Both Chechnya and Wyoming comprise roughly 0.2% of their continent's population.

Geographic ignorance isn't confined to any particular nation.
A big difference is that fuck all ever happens in Wyoming and Chechnya has had two wars happen in the nineties and violent clashes between it and Russia are still very common. If I had to name 3 places where terrorists usually come from I would go Arabic countries, Ireland and then Chechnya. Chechnya is world news regularly. And of course it is not about pointing it out on a map, it is about connecting something you don't know to the closest thing you do know, which is funny when it is completely different and when it is done in the context of bombing stuff.

Wyoming isn't a Country
Actually Chechnya is exactly as much a country as Wyoming. Chechnya is a state in the federal republic of Russia like Wyoming is a state in the federal republic of the United States. Although Wyoming doesn't have as much violent seperatists and attempts at gaining indepedence.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Although Wyoming doesn't have as much violent seperatists and attempts at gaining indepedence.

Some separatist nuts in Wyoming, they don't go bombing stuff, but if you tried to take their guns...