Author Topic: Horn Bow and Yumi comparison and balancing ideas  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Horn Bow and Yumi comparison and balancing ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 08:55:54 am »
+2
^mate it spends 50% of the time impaling your horse.

The yumi model was never intended for use on horses within Warband. Yumi bow is a general term for that type of bow they used it for almost everything.
There was no Yumi model in native Warband, it is added in cRPG.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 11:23:20 am »
+3
In general the Yumi is used from the ground.

When I was doing student exchange in high school I trained at a Kyudo dojo. I was lucky enough to be able to train horse archery as well due to my ability to ride a horse. It was great fun, it's not the easiest thing to do but if a numpty like me can pull it off then it's certainly do able.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 05:36:06 pm »
+1
That makes negative sense to me.
Doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or not, that's just how Warband handles damage from speed bonuses for ranged weapons. The Yumi bow is the best HA bow thanks to the new speed bonus mechanics. Instead of specing for accuracy and rate of fire like most HAs did previously with the Horn Bow and lighter bows, now you can actually spec for damage and see legitimate returns. My 62 body armor characters consistently get hit for more than 50% hp from a certain Yumi bow using HA that plays on NA. If there were more people with his build and equipment, I'm sure this conversation would be a lot different. To put this into perspective, 62 body armor is more than enough to make several 1h swords with balanced builds bounce off your armor.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 09:55:49 pm »
Doesn't matter if it makes sense to you or not, that's just how Warband handles damage from speed bonuses for ranged weapons. The Yumi bow is the best HA bow thanks to the new speed bonus mechanics. Instead of specing for accuracy and rate of fire like most HAs did previously with the Horn Bow and lighter bows, now you can actually spec for damage and see legitimate returns. My 62 body armor characters consistently get hit for more than 50% hp from a certain Yumi bow using HA that plays on NA. If there were more people with his build and equipment, I'm sure this conversation would be a lot different. To put this into perspective, 62 body armor is more than enough to make several 1h swords with balanced builds bounce off your armor.

that may sound like a helpful and legitimate response to the majority of the non-ranged players... but as an archer all a heard was, when people know how to make the right HA build with yumi, youre going to nerf it a month later and completely fuck up their build
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 11:19:02 pm »

that may sound like a helpful and legitimate response to the majority of the non-ranged players... but as an archer all a heard was, when people know how to make the right HA build with yumi, youre going to nerf it a month later and completely fuck up their build
That's a sound conclusion I guess, can't say I blame you for it. To be fair though, this is a new mechanic for HA, it's obvious some tweaks will be needed. At least at the moment, I can tell you that if there were an item patch tomorrow, the horn bow and the yumi would go untouched(unless of course, some ninjas got loose).

Personally, my issues with ranged damage stem from armor effectiveness and damage variance. If I had my way, minimum damage would be brought up greatly and maximum damage would be lowered. There isn't really an easy way of doing this though, so I doubt we'll be seeing changes like this soon.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character