Poll

Should there be a stat respec and heirloom repicks?

Yes
256 (81.3%)
No
59 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 315

Author Topic: Patch Poll  (Read 11009 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
Patch Poll
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
Though many like the new patch, some players got left behind on the change over.

Some character builds with the new changes to crpg are now nurfed and those players understand but would like the opportunity to re-pick their stats without having to re-level (since the xp per gen has been reduced grinding to fix their builds would be really inconvenient).

Also, since weapons and shields now take up multiple slots, it would also only be fair to let players re-pick their heirlooms. (Note: This does not mean stealing heirlooms just a re-pick based on the number you have).

Please no trolling, just add a +1 if you would like to see this happen and vote yes or no.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:59:04 pm by Ecko »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline weight

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Fatty
Re: Patch Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »
+1 seems fair

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 07:52:56 pm »
Indeed.

Both my character's (Hoplite & Horse Archer)  are gimped due to their stats being invested in combinations that are no longer allowed by CRPG.

Example: Horse archer had about 90 points in two-handed, so when he got dismounted he could still die trying.

Now I am limited to 15 arrows (which really isn't going to do much) and my 2-hander, OR use 3 stacks of arrows and not be able to use my heirloomed sword, I don't want to be a lame horse archer with only arrows, but now this patch forces me to do so until I can respec and carry a 1-hander.

Thus, with a re-spec - I would re-invest my two-handed wpf points to one-handed and pick a one-handed sword to heirloom.

Same goes with my Hoplite character... I will not invest wpf points in one-hander if I cannot carry my hierloomed huscarl shield and awlpike with the one-hander for emergency.

Likewise, I may just switch to a lower-tier shield and hierloom it so I can keep my awlpike and a one handed sword.

People would tolerate this patch a lot more if it allowed them to re-spec and re-choose their hierloomed weapons, instead of running around with gimped characters that need to be retired in order to fix half their problem.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:56:22 pm by Gash »
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 08:00:02 pm »
Heirloom respec YES!

But stat respec no thx.. if peoples builds are fecked they can join me and my main lvling up again
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Devilize

• Baron
  • Renown: 125
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!!!
    • View Profile
    • cRPG_NA Server info
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devilize, Hospitaller_Devil_Eyez
  • IRC nick: Devilize
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »
+1

This should have been done by default, we shouldn't have to collect sigs. In a post chadz complains about the communities behavior towards the patch and the "whine" that followed, yet he doesn't stop to think the perhaps the fault is his. If your going to screw around with peoples builds, turn around and nerf the xp bonus and to top it off not bother to provide a build/heirloom respec - yeah - people are going to get a little ornery. 

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:37 pm »
I think with all the changes we've seen a full stat respec by level is probably in order, especially if the skill conversion rate is changed as was discussed before. Heirloom respec wouldn't hurt, either, I guess, but I think it should be coupled with a second round of heirloom theft to make up for the ridiculous prepatch retirement.
Don't.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:06:38 pm »
I support this idea, as I said in the other topics regarding it, considering the massive changes brought by this patch (not only balancing changes, but also the slot system that makes many old builds impossible and the very long time that will now be needed to get new heirlooms) a heirloom reset is in order for people to be able to adjust their builds to the new changes.

I'd take it further and say a stat reset is in order too, retiring to respec now takes ages and as oKiN said, if the skill conversion rate changes, a stat reset is unavoidable, otherwise people who already used it would have the advantage.

When I asked around, the only reason people don't want a reset is because it would allow those who heirloomed overpowered weapons that are now nerfed (barmace/long iron mace/greatswords) to get away with it. The solution is simple, either don't offer respec points for those items, either do another heirlooms/3 theft (this would partially solve some of the retirement system abuse).

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07:53 pm »
I think with all the changes we've seen a full stat respec by level is probably in order, especially if the skill conversion rate is changed as was discussed before. Heirloom respec wouldn't hurt, either, I guess, but I think it should be coupled with a second round of heirloom theft to make up for the ridiculous prepatch retirement.

Thanks for an answer on this matter okiN, I wouldn't mind a heirloom theft if it mainly targets high generation players.

Also, please submit your vote on the feedback forum and maybe even on this topic.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »
No one loses with a stat repick or heirloom. There is no reason not to vote yes...

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 08:27:25 pm »
i'm not a fan of this, but it might happen.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:20 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Wouldn't mind that.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 08:40:23 pm »

(click to show/hide)

If you don't want it to be free for everybody, you can always make it cost gold, something like the heirloom reforging.

Offline The_Devious_Duc_Volpe

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Devious, Legitimate Businessmen
  • Game nicks: The_Devious_Duc_Volpe
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 08:43:46 pm »
No need for Character re-spec, retirement takes care of that need. Heirloom re-spec, yes i am all for that.
Hell, I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there’s a woman, or if I’m gettin paid; mostly only when I’m gettin paid.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 09:02:49 pm »
No need for Character re-spec, retirement takes care of that need. Heirloom re-spec, yes i am all for that.

What about us that have stop retiring and are just playing some times for fun? I'm 32 now, and got no plans to retire anymore - and I know others are in the same position as I am
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 09:11:13 pm »

I shouldn't need to spend more hours to re-level the same guy I was happy with pre-patch. I'll have to make adjustments with this patch which aren't very cool for me - but I'll deal with it if I dont have to restart from scratch again - with both characters...  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
CRPG NA Server Admin