Author Topic: Buff headshots  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Buff headshots
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 02:38:12 am »
+3
You are an idiot, it takes me 3-4 arrows to head shot anyone with more than 30 head armor. 7PD loomed Horn bow and bodkin arrows.

lololo, good troll.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline MrChubbikins

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Neku
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 02:41:17 am »
not a troll, get on duel server and test that shit out yourself like I have. Have a buddy with a 63 armor helm and a decent amount of IF and please tell me you can one shot, head shot them. You can't.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 02:49:18 am »
+3
not a troll, get on duel server and test that shit out yourself like I have. Have a buddy with a 63 armor helm and a decent amount of IF and please tell me you can one shot, head shot them. You can't.

...and you use 3-4 arrows on 30 head armor with +3 horn bow and +3 bodkins like you stated in your previous post? :)

I've played a lot as archer, both loomed and non-loomed and people surviving head shots was more of an freak occurrence than a common thing (6 Power draw). I've also been on the receiving end of a lot of head shots and it's rare that I'm still alive after it. I usually have around 18-24 strength and a couple of IF points and between 40 and 55 head armour.

I don't want head shots to be nerfed, not at all, they should be very deadly, like they already are. However, post like these;

You are an idiot, it takes me 3-4 arrows to head shot anyone with more than 30 head armor. 7PD loomed Horn bow and bodkin arrows.

..which are pure exaggeration (probably based on rage after someone survived a head shot recently? :P) just doesn't contribute anything to a game balance discussion.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline MrChubbikins

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Neku
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 02:58:56 am »
but this guy saying he gets head shot with one arrow with 63 head armor is adding to the discussion? Because its not true at all. Right now my build is 18/18 archer. 6 PD, loomed Horn bow and bodkin arrows. Anyone with a decent amount of IF and something like an area helm or better SERIOUSLY takes more than ONE arrow to kill.

And can anyone here honestly say that archery is balanced? It was balanced like 4 months ago but now...this shit is getting ridiculous
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:07:07 am by MrChubbikins »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 03:41:24 am »
+1
but this guy saying he gets head shot with one arrow with 63 head armor is adding to the discussion? Because its not true at all. Right now my build is 18/18 archer. 6 PD, loomed Horn bow and bodkin arrows. Anyone with a decent amount of IF and something like an area helm or better SERIOUSLY takes more than ONE arrow to kill.

And can anyone here honestly say that archery is balanced? It was balanced like 4 months ago but now...this shit is getting ridiculous
He never said that. He said he "regularly get oneshot despite wearing a 63armor helm." He never mentioned arrows. Bolts, jarids or throwing lances are also ranged weapons that are almost guaranteed to 1shot on headhits. That being said, you can still 1shot headshot people with arrows with a longbow or as a HA riding towards a target. I oneshot people with my +3 Bow (yes, Bow) and bodkins with my HA. Speedbonus is a beast.

It's the same the other way. When I have my 63 armour helmet on, I often get oneshot by headhits. Usually from long/rusbow archers.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 06:14:42 am »
I have noticed that I survive more, and I've seen other people survive them as well.

I was using a char with 10IF and no helmet and took an arrow to the head from mid range and only lost about a third of my health. I'm not sure about any of the archers stats but I took it right in the eye with no helmet so I thought that was a bit piss weak. I also survived a jarrid to the head with no helmet.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline vipere

• Marshall
  • Renown: 793
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Lunasa
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 02:17:02 pm »
Today on Eu1 i took 3 headshots ( non-intentionnal test for this topic )

One by throwing spear

One by light crossbow

One by Rus bow

ONESHOT

i have 24 str, 0 ironflesh
57 head armor

I'm not crying, or saying " fuck that's Op" but i think it's ok

Players just changed their build to str crutchers with a lot in ironflesh, that's why

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 03:12:51 pm »
+1
ful speed padded warhorse,  normal loomed lance,  headthrust an archer with light head armor.  he just laughs and shoot down my horse while im riding away
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 06:04:54 pm »
ful speed padded warhorse,  normal loomed lance,  headthrust an archer with light head armor.  he just laughs and shoot down my horse while im riding away
Yeah but
fuck lancers
<3 you
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 06:21:43 pm »
Yeah but
fuck lancers
<3 you

that,  i have noticed.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »
Played archer for the first time in a little while. There was one head shot that didn't one-hit, all the others did. The guy I didn't one-hit wore a barbutte. Don't know his build or if the helmet was heirloomed though.