Author Topic: Dear admin in charge of banners  (Read 6828 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: Dear admin in charge of banners
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2013, 10:07:18 pm »
+3
But a guy with sunglasses from a late 90's movie is OK?

of course.

And if you were to use some of the imagery found on Irish high crosses or in medieval scriptures (not just European, but Eastern with some fancy coloring....) it would probably get deleted. Just as if you used the dead-ugly colors the "classic" Greek statues were originally painted with... believe me, a pink unicorn is in no way out of style.

What someone said earlier: clear guidelines that make sense instead of arbitrary bs "purges", or even better just leave the fucking banners alone....

My sense of immersion really gets screwed more by manga-style agi bitches with heavy polearms swinging 23 times per second or my arrows getting stuck in mid air 2 feet above a castle wall.

I really prefer some sperm banners (not to talk about our beloveth unicorn) compared to that not so immersive bs.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:28:03 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Harrys Oil Can

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2013, 10:59:40 pm »
+5
There is a tranny procedure on auction right now, but semen on a banner is not ok?!?!?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2013, 12:23:36 am »
BRING BACK UNICORNS - STOP THE EVIL INTERNET NAZZIIS OF 2013 AND THEIR PURGE OF ARCHERS BEFORE THEY DO THE FINAL SOLUTION!!!
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2013, 12:34:50 am »
+4
Also, this commotion has inflated the price of banner slots to 150k, exactly when it was my turn :(

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2013, 05:00:37 am »
+1
Okay, let's keep nationality out of it, then. So we have troll banner supporters that whine because their freedom was taken away, and we have those that understand why this is necessary.

BTW: If trolling wasn't your main goal with such banners, you would simply make a banner that follows the guidelines, and then edit the banner texture file locally, so you could have your derp banner without infringing on the banner rules. But here you are whining about your freedom of trolling being restricted instead.

Now this was a good argument and I think I have a response. Part of the reason we enjoyed using the banner was because it said something about our group of people. It said that we liked to have fun, that we weren't angry tryhards nor spergy nerds. Is that not the reason everyone uses banners, to say something about themselves? To have some sense of identity? Using a pre-made banner says nothing about your clan other then the fact that you are too poor to afford a banner slot. When we banner stacked we didn't troll entire servers, we played by the rules and helped our team. Is that not what really matters in the end?
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2013, 06:27:13 am »
+2
Now this was a good argument and I think I have a response. Part of the reason we enjoyed using the banner was because it said something about our group of people. It said that we liked to have fun, that we weren't angry tryhards nor spergy nerds. Is that not the reason everyone uses banners, to say something about themselves? To have some sense of identity? Using a pre-made banner says nothing about your clan other then the fact that you are too poor to afford a banner slot. When we banner stacked we didn't troll entire servers, we played by the rules and helped our team. Is that not what really matters in the end?
Needing to say that makes you a spergy tryhard, sorry.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2013, 06:58:26 am »
+2
Yes, deleting banners with pink unicorns and smiling sperm is trying to force realism.
Fuck the police.
ok i can see the unicorn and the sperm(although i liked them :( ).....but what the fuck was wrong with the FPOF one? it was perfectly fine, a fist holding a fish?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:04 am »
Did Mercs banner get removed?

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2013, 10:00:45 am »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2013, 10:21:24 am »
+3
Well then why did this one get removed? Mercs is just as bad.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2013, 11:58:56 am »

Everything in your post can be achieved by a regular custom non-troll banner. Except the provocation of "angry tryhards" and "spergy nerds". You are not really making a good case for yourself here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2013, 01:51:13 pm »
+5
Blahfuckingblah.

Fact is: some absurd and/or creative banners are "purged", some not. Makes no sense.
And obviously the purgatory immersion fetish folks  don't give a fuck about game realism otherwise - and have no clue about how colorful and creative and obscene imagery (or heraldry) in medieval times actually was.

For ATTS, this might be a nice replacement (all images from medieval sources):

or full image incl. shooter here: http://d.pr/i/yhLS

for the "dear admin in charge of banners" this good medieval practice might be recommended:

inside the mind of cav players:

and my general thoughts about the banner matter:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:54:23 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2013, 02:01:47 pm »
Funny thing is, none of those would be removed. Maybe check your facts before trying to make a point.
And learn to use spoilers.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »
+5
And that is the problem cmp, currently no on really knows what is allowed and what is not. If your going to limit someone's creative freedom at least have guidelines that are followed on a consistent basis. Removing a couple of banners (some that perhaps shouldn't have been) every once in a blue moon is not consistent.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2013, 02:07:26 pm »
Yeah, we'll have guidelines sooner or later. In the meantime, if you're unsure whether your banner is legit or not, you can assume it's not.