Author Topic: Dear admin in charge of banners  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
Re: Dear admin in charge of banners
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:45 am »
+5
Who's "us"? The obvious trolls giggling like schoolgirls because their banners have anthropomorphic sperm and cuddly unicorns on it? What makes you think this is the "main" playerbase of crpg, and not a subset of 4chan/goon fanboys out to ruin the atmosphere of the game because it's "fun" to them, just like it's "fun" to ruin every other thing. Devs went through the trouble of setting up a system where people could have their own banners, they can very well choose what type of banner is acceptable.

They could just go back to a pre-approved list of appropriate banners like it was in the past and practically every other warband mod, then they wouldn't have to deal with retarded bronies and trolls trying to put the latest internet meme on a banner for shits and giggles. That would suck for all the people who legitimately used the banner system, but they're not the "main" playerbase of course, the 'tarded trolls are  :rolleyes:.

-I am sorry that the small blurb over my head "ruined" your in-game immersion.
-Where did I ever make a claim about the "main" player base of cRPG? I will make one now though: I do not believe the average cRPG player cares.
-I highly doubt the devs will remove the banner system because I put a stupid looking unicorn on my purchased banner slot or else they would not be regulating it.
-I am sorry I tried to have fun. Obviously you know how to have fun best Oberyn, will you teach me?
-Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't you also a troll on the forums?
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:39 am »
+4
I don't see anything wrong with the peasant banner. Compared to theirs, the current EU Merc banner has an image that really looks computerized and not something that would appear in medieval heraldry, yet it still remains. This isn't a knock on the Mercs, but if the devs want to enforce a stricter banner policy, at least be consistent across the board.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 11:31:27 am »
+5
Phantasmal, when I reply to a post that is right above mine, it's pretty obvious I am responding to it.
The devs decide the criteria on what banners are acceptable. Apparently it's the devs that feel that certain banners ruin the immersion and the atmosphere of the game they want to create. I happen to agree. If it's such a barrier to your enjoyment of the game, and a sizeable number of other people feel likewise, maybe you can get them to change their opinion.
The idea that all banners have to be historically correct heraldry for the era is bullshit. As Penguin points out, the Merc banner is not a stylized representation but a realistic comp generated design. It would be out of place if that was the criteria. Personally I don't see much wrong with Ary's peasant banner appart from the offensive purple vomit, but that's mostly a subjective esthetic call. It fits the theme of his clan, which itself fits well into Warband and cRPG. Peasants with pitchforks are a stapple of the game. There's a world of difference between that and some of the other banners that got banned.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 12:17:43 pm »
While some of these banners look really cool and well-made, I realize they don't fit the medieval theme and style. If devs want to make it more realistic, I totally understand why these were removed.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 12:22:49 pm »
+5
You forgot that cRPG isnt about being fun anymore, it's about being totally fucking serious and "mature". And I'm serious, fuck you neckbeards, go play some LARP's or whatever pieces of shit.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »
+8
never forget. 4/18/2013

Edit: (or EU 18/4/2013)

never understood this.

why month, day, year.

I understand Japanese for example, they go year, month, day from biggest to smallest, just like in their society, God, emperor, shogun ...

Europeans go smallest to biggest, but American way makes no sense to me at all.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2013, 12:46:12 pm »
Whats about the fun for the devs?! They too want to have some fun, playing with their toys and showing off here and there? Why you want to ruin their fun? Do you not love them at least as much as your unicorns ?  :mrgreen:

jk ... but in all seriousness, the picture is cute but no banner picture, that you should be able to understand - and its NOT about what other stupid banners are allowed around(!) . At some point there has to be made the cut for whats appropriate or not .... I suggest you compromise and make a somewhat less freaky comic style/MEME version. Look at it as a challenge and a way to deal with the situation and the other parties in the game, stubborness is not a virtue of real unicorns but harmony is  ;)

EDIT: you could still use the picture as a forum avatar or signature or so , if you want it to be your mascot ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:50:55 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01:43 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

I would have allowed this. It's too awesome.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2013, 03:04:05 pm »
+3
I can't really understand why certain people need to care so much about what banners other people use and then forbid them to use certain unserious banners because they're uptight assholes. Anyone here who can give some kind of not retarded reason except that you're a fucking sperglord?

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »
+5
Signed in solidarity.  BIRD CLAN's banner was also deemed unacceptable.

Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline En_Dotter

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Main: Qunicy_En_Dotter; Alts: Guardian_En_Dotter; Guardian_Spiralle
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »
+5
I would like to use this banner now. The thing is it has been used by the Hungarian gentleman Istvan Varallyay:

Source: The Illustrated book of Heraldry by Stephen Slater, page 89

Also u can find a rather small info on wiki: http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1jl:Coa_Hungary_Family_Mocking_arms_V%C3%A1rallyay_%281599%29.svg
Nothing is better than eternal happiness.
Eating a sandwich is better than nothing.
Therefore, eating a sandwich is better than eternal happiness.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2013, 06:03:34 pm »
+1
You can't possibly remove banners for not being realistic enough unless they're Red Eagle style unless mercs lose their banner.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2013, 06:18:28 pm »
+2
I APPROVE IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM FUN UNICORNS!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:53 pm »
+2

I'd like to hear the argument that motivated the removal of this banner.

I would like to use this banner now. The thing is it has been used by the Hungarian gentleman Istvan Varallyay:

Also u can find a rather small info on wiki: http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1jl:Coa_Hungary_Family_Mocking_arms_V%C3%A1rallyay_%281599%29.svg

Do. It.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2013, 06:29:51 pm »
+1

That's a coat of arms, not a banner?