Author Topic: Les chevaliers occitans  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
Re: Les chevalier occitans
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2013, 04:50:55 pm »
10 pm eastern is not midnight, 1am or 2am.
I was referring to the battles that have led up to this point, where they've had to stay up until 1 in the morning, making them want to set their nighttime lower. Doesn't nighttime just prevent people from attacking them past that time? If so, isn't it reasonable that you could attack them before 11 Eastern and they could still have the battles finished at a decent hour?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:08:22 pm by Canuck »

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 05:12:20 pm »
+1
We rolled VE 3 times today but yeah I'm super sore. And I'll state again, your argument is weak; come up with something better than "We're more important than you".

Big chevy talking shit shit, bragging bout his full-plate defense easy mode. But really, strat is pretty dead for most of VE leadership now except for XP, so trying to get us to do a strat battle at 5est instead of RL shit is not going to happen. Over half of us are in college and like I have said 100000 times, our primetime is about 8est to 1am est.

If its up to me, we will just fight at 6am for awhile tell u guys quit being babies. Its the advatage of the attacker you know? Defense gets to be defense, offense gets to pick the time. Noone is forcing you to defend.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2013, 05:19:03 pm »
+1
So instead of sleeping less you guys will skip work for strat battles?  That makes perfect sense for why you should change your nighttime settings.
Wouldn't they need to skip work anyway if they had their nighttime end any later?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2013, 05:22:05 pm »
+2
I don't see a problem with this, the battle last night finished around 12:30am CST (that's 1:30am EST) and it was pushing it for me.  If I was east coast, there's no way I would have played in that battle, need at least 6 hours of sleep at night.

I think they should set their night time to start at 11pm EST (not 10pm), as that gives them until 1am to finish a battle (which is pushing it for most people I would imagine with jobs/school, but seems pretty reasonable).

They have night time for a reason, I don't see a problem with people setting it for times when they can actually play.

I personally set my night time to when we can get the most mercs, not when it's most convenient for me.  so my night time starts around 3 or 4am CST until 11am or Noon.  That way I can get West coast NA mercs before that time (if it's late) and EU mercs if it's the afternoon/early evening (before I'm off work).  Being that LCO can field a lot of their own guys for battle, it would make sense for them to set times that they have most of their guys online. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2013, 05:28:25 pm »
+1
Actually they did end up changing it to 11 Huseby, at least that's what I saw last.

But really, strat is pretty dead for most of VE leadership now except for XP, so trying to get us to do a strat battle at 5est instead of RL shit is not going to happen. Over half of us are in college and like I have said 100000 times, our primetime is about 8est to 1am est.

If its up to me, we will just fight at 6am for awhile tell u guys quit being babies.
If you are the attacker, why should they be changing their schedules to meet your prime time? Shouldn't it be the other way around? 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 05:38:45 pm by Canuck »

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 06:06:06 pm »
+1
More peasant magic..........

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 07:00:47 pm »
+3
I almost want to say that the change is in relation to stuff like this:
(click to show/hide)
Now this isn't entirely VE's fault as battles got pushed back due to timer, but if they have the earlier night time, they don't have to worry "as much" about shitty 2 AM battles.

But that's just my take on it.

Also hope everyone's ready for some XP today!

Offline SucculentHeadCrab

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • m(_ _)m
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Bonsai, Hot_Coldman, Resting_Witch_Face
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 08:34:53 pm »
i think he was referencing the fact that even when siege equipment was working occitan has never been able to take a castle or city - they have had to buy every single one.  And also that you overestimate occitan abilities simply because they have been able to be defenders for 90% of the fight against armies less well-equipped than their own (thanks to use of the duplicate gear bug to their advantage).

The one castle or city taken through battle during this was Caraf Castle, VE attempted 5 times and failed to take it, only gaining control over a freak accident on their 6th losing seige.  No big surprise that we couldn't retake it very easily either.  Just a nice castle.
  "Hard truths cut both ways"

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »
It's a pussy move to do in the middle of a war, right in the middle of waves of attacks.  Looks like Occitan can't take the heat without their EU overlords backing them up.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 08:46:46 pm »
+1
It's a pussy move to do in the middle of a war, right in the middle of waves of attacks.  Looks like Occitan can't take the heat without their EU overlords backing them up.

Surprisingly when the last wave of the attack is initiated at 2:00 am, actions are taken.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:00 pm »
+3
It's their night-time setting to fuck with. Calling them names and attempting to debate with them on it does nothing. (actually it somehow got them to push it back 1 hour. I would have said "fuck you I ain't doing shit" if I was insulted and accused of all kinds of shit)

If you look at the battles, generally Occitan members don't fight those battles that start later than 10-11pm EST. They have a unique problem since their entire clan is located in the same area; thusly the same timezone as well. Chevalier is spread across some timezones, so they end up fighting most of the later battles.

Yeah, the settings suck cocks for west-coast players. The settings also suck cocks for turbonerds, college students, or people that work odd shift times. However, it seems that Occitan is not comprised of these groups of people.

They have no responsibility to set their night-time settings for the good of the community at large.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
+3

It is a crime that LCO has real life things to do! They should all quit their jobs and play cRPG, screw real life and being a responsible citizen. They should stop caring for their families and/or themselves. It is horrible that they want to attend and fight their own battles, everyone knows the only enjoyable part of strat is watching your dot move across a poorly rendered map anyways.

I am sorry that you cannot attend some battles but, as they say...

(click to show/hide)
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »
There's two battles tonight against LCO, one at 11:57pm CST and one at 1:06am CST...that's almost 1am and 2am battle start times for an Eastern time zone clan, and people think that they shouldn't have the right to choose what times they are available to fight battles?  I can't even play in these two battles tonight (and I'm an hour later than Eastcoast as well)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »
+2
why does every thread that goes past page 2 on these forums suck huge smelly fat rat cock
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:41:11 pm by Daruvian »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:29 pm »
+1

If you work 9-5, then you would understand why LCO has changed their night time settings, since they can't realistically stay up until 1:00am on a weekday.

Thats the whole point, it doesnt remove the battle it switches it from 11 pm est very reasonable to an unreasonable 7 am.  Are we really supposed to believe that its more convenient to fight just before work or even during work than a little bit later at night?  Thats the big fallacy - its changing a slightly uncomfortable time for them to a completely idiotic time for everyone including them.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo