Author Topic: Gooood bye Calradia... :)  (Read 10482 times)

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
Re: Gooood bye Calradia... :)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 05:02:46 pm »
It's a shame to kick players that are not part of a clan to let enter clan members, even if it's clan server.
If the server is connected to database it should follow the same rules as others, otherwise it's a privilege for some clan only which is not fair.

Just a small question. Sometimes, I get a "connection lost" and when I want to log on the same server it is then full and/or passworded. Have I been removed by the admin or am I just (frequently) unlucky?

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 05:06:40 pm »
Ujin, my post was not directed at Shogunate, i know that you respect rules and that you are fair.
I reacted to a post from Magikarp, but it was a general remark.

I know that most of clan respect rules, but it's impossible to have a strict view of what is going on on every server.

It's just that it's not fair that a part of the community can have access to dtv because they are part of a clan. But still there is an official server with dtv, i will deal with it (i'm not a grinder).

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:52 pm »
Awwwww......poooor little archer things leaving on us......we are so saaaaaad.......we'll miss you dearly......byeeee......

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 05:42:10 pm »
Ujin, my post was not directed at Shogunate, i know that you respect rules and that you are fair.
I reacted to a post from Magikarp, but it was a general remark.

I know that most of clan respect rules, but it's impossible to have a strict view of what is going on on every server.

It's just that it's not fair that a part of the community can have access to dtv because they are part of a clan. But still there is an official server with dtv, i will deal with it (i'm not a grinder).
What's wrong with kicking leechers anyway?
Is it such a big deal that because we fund our own server, that we actually play on it as a clan?
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:06 pm »
What's wrong with kicking leechers anyway?
Is it such a big deal that because we fund our own server, that we actually play on it as a clan?

If you want your own server, disconnect it with the database (rest of the community)

As long as it is connected, it should be open to everyone, since its part of the community and should follow the rules of the community. Deal with it :P

My oppinion
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:54:33 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 06:05:01 pm »
If you want your own server, disconnect it with the database (rest of the community)

As long as it is connected, it should be open to everyone, since its part of the community and should follow the rules of the community. Deal with it :P

My oppinion

Thats also my opinion.
If you want to connect your server to the database it should be forbidden to kick players cause you want to free space or
to set password to be only with your clan.
You can use disconnected servers to do this.

But in the end its chadz deciding about what is the rule for connected servers.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

My oppinion
We only kicked leechers/exploiters, thats the point, ill edit my post because people didnt understand.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:05 pm »

My oppinion

Actually what just was said seems like nobody in my clan knows whats really going on, I kicked leechers/afkers and people with extremely high ping to make room for others who want to try out the gamemode, that's all what happened here and when someone on TS asked to make place for him I said "I'll look if there's a leecher or afker." if not, then I told him to wait.

Quite simple, that's all that happened in DTV here, also yea it wasn't on 20 players because such post was not made yet, I asked on IRC if it was allowed, and so on, and nobody knew so I took it down a couple of times and then I heard it was allowed and I put it up, there has been constant an admin on.

What happened with a couple of map changes, a few were in the middle of the round because on my TCAdmin (Jestservers) it says Server Status: Unknown - I change the map and it works again, it seems like during that time there was no gold/xp gain so I switch it.

I seen once in battle mode in the Risen server that an admin changed the map 'by accident' but one of the users said "Thanks for saving my multiplier" and I was kind of mad at this and I talked to him about sitting in the administrator options anyway.

The server always has been open for everyone and a password has not been on my server besides the automatically random generated password, I've got no admins besides Myself, Rashale and Nemeth left at the moment and we'll see what happens if it ever gets connected again, hopefully because a lot of people seem to prefer a melee only server I can even appoint original admins that run EU servers for example to keep an eye on everything aswell.

To admin abuse, I've never received a single complaint of admin abuse besides of Daergar, which had been totally the users fault who also yelled in IRC that we banned him to make room for a risen member, which is utter bullshit because this person, garrus, who even admit on my own faction thread that it wasn't so we could exchange him, no because he was acting like a cunt with an explanation of the admin here. http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,20.msg82486.html#msg82486

I was on the edge of Nemeth getting to fix our map rotation to make it popular, guess it will have to wait by a misunderstanding it seems, but stuff like this happens and nothing I can do about it, for people who want the melee-only server back you can ask me as much as you want but unless chadz says sure to this clarification there won't be any for the moment, get used to ranged again.  :wink:

All the EU rules were followed in the process in melee-only battle, guess DTV just messed it up and probably won't be run unless there's strict admin supervision and when there isn't it simply will get changed back, I hope you can make a reconsideration of accusing.

These are the facts and if you don't believe it, well that's too bad! so drop the bullshit and get back to grinding.

Thovex.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:38:00 pm by Thovex »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:45 pm »
Thanks for clarification, as i said it was a general remark, now it's better cos we know that we have the same goal : fairness and fun.
Also, thanks to clan's admin for trying to keep this goal.

(Btw, since Strategus is down, we miss all the drama, then all opportunities are good to have some drama on the forum!)

To OP :
Don't say bye to Calradia, there are still lot of other mod to play. Btw, i'm sure you will come back to cRPG, it's addicting... Also be sure that Strategus will change everything, cRPG is just a tool.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »
He is lying about quitting, he will be back! Ill bet you 5 euros and a chewing gum that he is playing right now!
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
He is lying about quitting, he will be back! Ill bet you 5 euros and a chewing gum that he is playing right now!

I said this as well, and I happen to be playing!

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 07:03:50 pm »

The server always has been open for everyone and a password has not been on my server besides the automatically random generated password, I've got no admins besides Myself, Rashale and Nemeth left at the moment and we'll see what happens if it ever gets connected again, hopefully because a lot of people seem to prefer a melee only server I can even appoint original admins that run EU servers for example to keep an eye on everything aswell.

Thovex.

Please explain us this screenshot then..

Risen_King_Rassen changed the server password

Risen_Emporer_Changed the server password

Bia_Muslim: Whats the password?

Risen_Sir_Charlemange: Password is only for Risen

He was kicking random players. Kapikula etc (not know for leechers imo)

Risen_Cpt_Deurgar : Making room for Risen

For every can of bullshit, i got a can of screenshots :D
haters gonna hate
i dont care anymore... only want people to know what going on at CRPG
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:17:17 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 07:11:45 pm »
Wait you are Jambi am I right? The one exploiting in places where npcs couldnt reach you? With your bow?
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »
Wait you are Jambi am I right? The one exploiting in places where npcs couldnt reach you? With your bow?

Aah nice one. Screenshot or it didnt happen.
Love will tear us apart.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:39 pm »
Jambi, you love drama!! (And you're right it's all we have for now).

But don't be harsh, i think that the fact is now reported and i'm sure all clan will have better policies about this. Let see how it works in next days.

I guess if clans need to password server for some event like training (or tournament) may be it's'needed to disconnect from database.
Password = no database
But it's up to dev team (and clan leaders) to decide.