Thoughts?

xbow bolts need to be buffed up to 13p
16 (55.2%)
xbow bolts should cap at 10p
5 (17.2%)
xbow bolts should cap at 8p and just add more bolts
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: nerff xbow bolts  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: nerff xbow bolts
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 10:12:43 pm »
Meh, we're going to differ on that.  Sure you CAN use an x-bow with 1 wpf if you wish, I'll grant you that.  However imo an xbow requires a decent amount of wpf to actually be useful for anything other than a shotgun.  However the point I was making is this:
xbows need wpf to really be useful.  This requires skillpoints in WM
Throwing needs PT to really be useful.  This requires skillpoints in PT

Xbows don't need PT/PD
Throwing doesn't need WM

I can take 3 points and chuck em into WM to get some xbow wpf
I can take 3 points and chuck em into PT to spam war darts
you can use wpf in all class,
you dont need any wpf in xbows or skill points.... thus it is unfair
your 3 points in wpf wont all go to Xbow, you only need 100wpf to shot with the best of them, thats a tottal of 3wm, and u can get 100 in xbow and 100 in a diff class/weapon mode. Can i spend my PT on diff modes? No? thats gays
also war darts  dont do 97p......  so in the end you xbow dose 97p for free, or at the most 100wpf which is soo easy to get,  so u do 97p while a throw who used both wpf and pt dose like 30p?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:15:01 pm by Native_ATS »

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 10:19:52 pm »
Also, crossbows are freaking expensive.
so the higher the cost the better it sould do?
so if i can pay more i can get 1 shot kills for free?
cuz then i would pay any price to have my bow cost no wpf or skill points and shot for 97p
in fact i bet if bows dealt 97p and u didnt need anything in it people would cry for a nerff, idk why xbows are left alone when they are still over powered

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2011, 10:37:03 pm »
Well, since there is no point arguing with you, as you don't see what you don't want to see, there is only one thing left for me to say: You're a fuckin idiot.
According to you the only thing that can hit hard at range is throwing, and, surprisingly, you are a thrower. You also seem to forget the rate of fire of crossbows, and the fact they can't be reloaded on move. Also, the damage decreases with range, so you will almost never hit for 96p with crossbows, while throwing, since you choke those projectiles at closer range, will pretty much do the full damage all the time (ohoho, I can make shit up as well).

I understand that you don't like being shot by crossbow but still want to one hit people with your throwing, but next time you feel the need to shout out about something being OP, slap yourself a few times and hopefully you will realize that you're full of bullshit.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 10:52:05 pm »
Well, since there is no point arguing with you, as you don't see what you don't want to see, there is only one thing left for me to say: You're a fuckin idiot.
According to you the only thing that can hit hard at range is throwing, and, surprisingly, you are a thrower. You also seem to forget the rate of fire of crossbows, and the fact they can't be reloaded on move. Also, the damage decreases with range, so you will almost never hit for 96p with crossbows, while throwing, since you choke those projectiles at closer range, will pretty much do the full damage all the time (ohoho, I can make shit up as well).

I understand that you don't like being shot by crossbow but still want to one hit people with your throwing, but next time you feel the need to shout out about something being OP, slap yourself a few times and hopefully you will realize that you're full of bullshit.
ugh  you just attack people and rant on
this isnt about throwing,
and the damg drops on throwing when the person is far away, its the same thing
my master work light xbows reloads so fast,  and you can shot on the move.  you always can hit for 97p when its mid range to close, as most people dont snipe with xbows.
am sorry you want to keep your op xbow but as a xbow player i want it to be fair.... I play xbow, bow or throwing, i dont use 2 at the same time but with xbows you can use it with any build. Xbow didnt need a buff, they are the only range that wasnt nerffed, in fact they were buffed, am so sorry you get mad and call people names but look at the facts

xbows dont need skill points
xbows dont need wpf
xbows deal the same or more damg then both bows and throwing
It is not fair that they match the power of real class with no draw back
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:05:12 pm by Native_ATS »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »
I'm using MW arbalest, and I'm not paying 939gold repairs just so that I can shoot with it once before charging to melee with my 1 handed weap. No, I've so far invested 142 wpf in it, on lvl 28. And I'm going to use the very last bit of my xbow because that repair bill (19ticks worth of gold on x1) alone is forcing me to use low-end gear, making me 2hit killable for every archer. So I think no, xbows don't need nerf.

Also, you are talking about masterwork xbows + mw steel bolts all the time, and how it's unfair that they didn't get nerfed. But what you forget is that heirlooming items after this patch takes freaking long time. So the amount of players using mw xbow + mw bolts is very likely to go down, or at least stay the same. But what is sure that people are not going to waste shittons of time grinding themselves 6 gens up just to get a decent sidearm.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:25 am »
I'm using MW arbalest, and I'm not paying 939gold repairs just so that I can shoot with it once before charging to melee with my 1 handed weap. No, I've so far invested 142 wpf in it, on lvl 28. And I'm going to use the very last bit of my xbow because that repair bill (19ticks worth of gold on x1) alone is forcing me to use low-end gear, making me 2hit killable for every archer. So I think no, xbows don't need nerf.

bless u dude. I threw xbow and went full meele, much more fun.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 05:29:25 am »
xbows dont need wpf

Pretty much sums it up.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 08:09:34 am »
your 3 points in wpf wont all go to Xbow, you only need 100wpf to shot with the best of them, thats a tottal of 3wm,
Contradict yourself in the same sentence much?  For the record, I have 130 WPF in my xbow prof and I can tell you it's a HUGE difference than just 100wpf.  My throwing character has exactly 1 wpf and is just as accurate as someone with 100 wpf in throwing.  Not to mention that my war darts can be machinegun spammed and 1-hit headshot just as well as my x-bow.

I know you're lobbying for your bias, but get over it.  Throwing is far more powerful than x-bows and can be used as a primary style.  I have yet to see a "pure" x-bower that isn't laughable, even Darkkarma who is awesome with an x-bow has his melee covered as well.

my master work light xbows reloads so fast,  and you can shot on the move.  you always can hit for 97p when its mid range to close, as most people dont snipe with xbows.
am sorry you want to keep your op xbow but as a xbow player i want it to be fair.... I play xbow, bow or throwing, i dont use 2 at the same time but with xbows you can use it with any build. Xbow didnt need a buff, they are the only range that wasnt nerffed, in fact they were buffed, am so sorry you get mad and call people names but look at the facts

1)  MW light xbow doesn't hit for 97p.  Try to argue logically instead of picking and choosing from vastly different items in order to politician a false point past people.   :rolleyes:
2)  You don't want it to be fair.  You've been a throwing bias lobbyist forever.
3)  Xbows were nerfed this last patch dude.  Heavy and sniper both take 2 slots now, which is a very significant nerf for an xbowmen's options considering that unlike archery or throwing it's dog ass slow and pathetic as a "dedicated" class compared to those two.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:13:06 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 08:34:32 am »
When the hell did throwing become the topic of debate? Xbows were very strong before, and now they've gotten to be even stronger. They are free to use (and I too have a xbower, the difference between 100 wpf and 130 isn't much,) and are very effective.

You say native is biased in favor of throwing? Maybe, but his argument is still valid. The last patch punished everyone who was a hybrid... except for xbow hybrids. They actually got stronger. On top of this, NOTHING was done to fix the issue that a character can dish out 97p damage with this weapon and have no character investment. No other weapon in the game can claim this.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:52 am »
ugh  you just attack people and rant on
this isnt about throwing,
and the damg drops on throwing when the person is far away, its the same thing

xbows dont need wpf

It rly doesn't matter how much logic you post the idiots will keep claiming its fair and it cost money.... big deal if u have 50k or moar buffer u can suit up anyway u like.....

Just let them unemployed fat grinder whores grind up their crossbows and bolts.. apparently its only fair since they must rly suck without em...

Also one of the devs must clearly be a huge fan of this little sidearm thus making any post trying to get rid of it useless...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:53:28 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:19 am »
The last patch punished everyone who was a hybrid... except for xbow hybrids. They actually got stronger.

How the hell do you figure when the 2 main x-bows that dealt respectable damage per shot were made 2 slots, limiting xbow hybrids to 1h/no shield builds?

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:53 am »
How the hell do you figure when the 2 main x-bows that dealt respectable damage per shot were made 2 slots, limiting xbow hybrids to 1h/no shield builds?
all weapon got that nerff, thus it isnt a big deal, and when u deal 97p and can 1shot people it dosnt matter that it takes up 2 slots...  u can still 1 shot people and switch to ur real weapon.... or just pack 13 bolts... that at lest 7 kills
and carry around a pick of OP

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 10:34:53 am »
Contradict yourself in the same sentence much?  For the record, I have 130 WPF in my xbow prof and I can tell you it's a HUGE difference than just 100wpf.  My throwing character has exactly 1 wpf and is just as accurate as someone with 100 wpf in throwing.  Not to mention that my war darts can be machinegun spammed and 1-hit headshot just as well as my x-bow.

I know you're lobbying for your bias, but get over it.  Throwing is far more powerful than x-bows and can be used as a primary style.  I have yet to see a "pure" x-bower that isn't laughable, even Darkkarma who is awesome with an x-bow has his melee covered as well.

1)  MW light xbow doesn't hit for 97p.  Try to argue logically instead of picking and choosing from vastly different items in order to politician a false point past people.   :rolleyes:
2)  You don't want it to be fair.  You've been a throwing bias lobbyist forever.
3)  Xbows were nerfed this last patch dude.  Heavy and sniper both take 2 slots now, which is a very significant nerf for an xbowmen's options considering that unlike archery or throwing it's dog ass slow and pathetic as a "dedicated" class compared to those two.
   3 points in wm at lvl 30 =  381wpf which equal about 100wpf in 2 weapon modes.
When you throw you need PT and u can use the extra pt for other weapons like you can with WM. Also you cant head shot a man with throwing untill u get like 5pt(skill head shots not random or lucky),
Plus this isnt a throwing thread. Im just saying xbows were buffed and it is not needed
   xbows are laughable? i recked people with my light xbow, it pwns any xbow user and non sheild user. One can even kick-shot which makes it so op
The xbow isnt a pure weapon and that whats wrong with it... the fact you can get so much power for little to no trade off is just bs.
people say IT WASNT NERFF but indeed it was Buffed, idk how one cant see the facts....
all weapons take up 2 slots and all weapons went down in damg....YET xbow bolts and xbows them selfs got BUFFED. One can deal 13p instead of the 10p form befor
IT WENT UP IN DAMG... is that a nerff?
anyways idk how u can rage about throwing so dam much, cry that 65p or w/e is op, that throwing lances need a nerff cuz they can 1 shot you. when the thrower waste all his skill points and wpf to throw it, pluse throwing only had 8 shots
yet you are like durrr xbows are fine... they deal 97p and dont cost skill points or wpf... durr thats fair... i really dont get it... did you know throwing lances have about the worste aim in the game.... even the sniper xbow has better aim at 0wpf, yet u pick at my post to other people and not the ones i post to you.

I use xbows, and i find it unfair that bows and throwing are bashed yet xbows are seen as fine. I know u cant pump up there damg like you can with pt/pd, but they shouldnt 1 shot you...
97p is just to much damg for a truely skill less weapon
I just want the damg to be toned down a little on the top teir xbows, or at lest make them cost skill points
maybe adding xbow skill is a good idea, maybe a small payment, like 0-4
4skill points to deal 97p seems fair... i dont want xbow bashed like throwing was... throwing is now 90% crap...  i dont want that for xbows but i dont want them to be buffed anymore
anyways i dont want you to think i hate you, i enjoy playing with u and hearing your thoughts, but  i just dont understand you on this matter
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:36:08 pm by Native_ATS »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 11:12:15 am »
Native, I'm having a real hard time reading that mess there. You gotta clean up those posts of yours.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 11:14:36 am »
Xbows don't 1 shot you unless you're low level, naked, agi whore build, etc.

Throwing is rapid fire.  X-bows take a week and a day to reload.  I don't find x-bows nearly as obnoxious as other ranged because of this fact.  They shoot, they miss, I run at them and kill them.

Archer shoots and misses, he reloads and shoots again before I get in range to hit him.

Thrower shoots and shoots and shoots and shoots I'm finally in range after shield breaking (If I thought to play a character that uses one) and I go to swing... he rapid fire point blank 1-hits me with another throw.

I really don't care, nerf the hell out of the x-bow.  I've found a home on the melee only server which is by far above and beyond better than the other servers which are just full of ranged spam bullshit.  Cav aren't and issue like ranged players tried to claim they would be because most everyone is smart enough to either bring a spear/pike or stay next to a teammate which has a spear/pike.  All in all, melee only kicks 1000000x more ass than playing on the servers where ranged shit blots out the sun.