Author Topic: Valour on x5  (Read 1502 times)

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
Valour on x5
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:18 am »
Getting Valour on a x5 does nothing currently does nothing but make your E-p slightly larger
(click to show/hide)
I believe you should earn some sort of bonus such as a bonus 1k gold or something along those lines. I encourage you guys to post any other recommendations and responses to this idea.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Re: Valour on x5
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:57 am »
+2
Nope, remove valour.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:19:27 am »
If your team wins and you get valour you should be able to continue your multiplier x6, x7 and so on but if your team loses you only maintain it with valour, you don't get valour it drops back to whatever it should be.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »
+1
A much better solution would be to remove that awful multiplier system at all. It's downright horrible. Together with the upkeep system.

Although I would not mind giving a slight multiplier bonus without cap, but perhaps in 0.1 steps instead of 1.0 steps. You'd need to win 10 rounds in a row to get the double rewards. Seems fair to me.

But 1k bonus would be far too much. Some players, namely those of big clans, regularly surf on a x5. And the most skilled of them, or those who receive the most support of their clan, allowing them to score the most kills (= you don't really need a lot of skill for it) would get a shitload of 1k bonuses per evening. That's far too much.

Which just brings the idea to me to lower the chances for valour proportionally with the growing amount of clanmates in the team.  :twisted:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
QQing about having too much x5?

No srsly, I dont think I was in this situation more than three times since about 20 gens or something but why not reward it. If you get valour at x5 the repair chance of your items should be set to 0%. That way you can use your top gear and if you do well enough you might save some money.

Thats enough of a reward imo.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 05:01:25 pm »
QQing about having too much x5?

No srsly, I dont think I was in this situation more than three times since about 20 gens or something but why not reward it. If you get valour at x5 the repair chance of your items should be set to 0%. That way you can use your top gear and if you do well enough you might save some money.

Thats enough of a reward imo.
Is this only for the round just completed, the next round, or simply the whole map?
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:27 pm »
A much better solution would be to remove that awful multiplier system at all. It's downright horrible. Together with the upkeep system.

I agree with you on the multiplier, although not the upkeep system.

I think upkeep should be tweaked to fit a new experience system.  (Personally, I miss the old Radius bonus.  The days when the game was fun to play AND die in.)

I hate competition, hence why I do not play MOBA games.  The multiplier encourages that, and it makes silly builds a burden to others rather then fun.

Take "I_am_a_Tree" for example.  He is obviously a Tree, but a under appreciated Tree
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:19:06 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 06:14:35 pm »
+1

Mind that I am not advertising the removal the upkeep system without replacing it with nother equipment limitation system.

My personal favourite would be a certain item value budget every character can equip, which can be raised by spending a few skill points. Something like that. Persistant equipment, no "gambling", no worries about losing money, and the character's effeciency is completely dependant on the build, and not influenced by external factors like playing in a big clan (= more won battles = higher upkeep budget) or the marketplace (sell one loom point and upkeep is useless on limiting you in your equipment choice, for quite some time). But I bet there are other solutions, too. That way you either have well equipped, poorly skilled characters, poorly equipped but well skilled characters, and balanced character. More variety, yay! Wanna ride all day on a plated charger, wearing plate? You can, but you will either be slow or weak as fuck. (This change would go hand in hand with a slight level cap increase, I'd say 3 levels more or something like that)
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 06:17:43 pm »
+1

I think upkeep should be tweaked to fit a new experience system.  (Personally, I miss the old Radius bonus.  The days when the game was fun to play AND die in.)

I hate competition, hence why I do not play MOBA games.  The multiplier encourages that, and it makes silly builds a burden to others rather then fun.

Take "I_am_a_Tree" for example.  He is obviously a Tree, but a under appreciated Tree

Strategically dying use to be part of the game :)

I like both systems for different reasons.

Currently it is understood that the point system is a slow progression towards combining the old andnew. But, if you have an x5 and you should not be elegible for valour if your team wins. It is a wasted multiplier.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:56 pm »
+1
Mind that I am not advertising the removal the upkeep system without replacing it with nother equipment limitation system.

My personal favourite would be a certain item value budget every character can equip, which can be raised by spending a few skill points. Something like that. Persistant equipment, no "gambling", no worries about losing money, and the character's effeciency is completely dependant on the build, and not influenced by external factors like playing in a big clan (= more won battles = higher upkeep budget) or the marketplace (sell one loom point and upkeep is useless on limiting you in your equipment choice, for quite some time). But I bet there are other solutions, too. That way you either have well equipped, poorly skilled characters, poorly equipped but well skilled characters, and balanced character. More variety, yay! Wanna ride all day on a plated charger, wearing plate? You can, but you will either be slow or weak as fuck. (This change would go hand in hand with a slight level cap increase, I'd say 3 levels more or something like that)

This was my solution to encourage the use of shitty equipment and reduce the loom tanks character skill.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:05 am »

Xp barn you will live in history forever!
As for 1k being too much I don't have a grasp on the value of cash lately because I have been shootin' 5k out of my ass per round to pay for my heavy cav repairs. 1k only cover the tip for my stable hand to groom my horse.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:34:52 am by LordLargos »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 11:06:48 am »
+1
I don't know why the winning team can get valour in the first place. I think only defenders should be able to get valour and it should only maintain their multiplier, not 1 up it.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 04:25:51 pm »
+1
Multiplier system is played out, and a poor fit for the new Conquest mode anyway (everyone with a 1x just quits server when a conquest map appears).

A handicap-based reward system is the way to go. Gear/looms/levels handicap your reward potential and increase the rewards for anyone killing you. i.e. a peasant with a scythe kills a fully loomed lvl 35, they get a massive reward, but the converse yields little or no reward.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »
Multiplier system is played out, and a poor fit for the new Conquest mode anyway (everyone with a 1x just quits server when a conquest map appears).

A handicap-based reward system is the way to go. Gear/looms/levels handicap your reward potential and increase the rewards for anyone killing you. i.e. a peasant with a scythe kills a fully loomed lvl 35, they get a massive reward, but the converse yields little or no reward.

Is this level based, gear based, equipment repair cost base,.... All?

Because, a level 34 with a wooden club is definitely more effective than a level 5 with a longsword. However, two level 18, one with a knife and the other a military pick are again not equal either.

REWARD=multiplier*friendlies/teamtotal*(deltalevel+deltaupkeep)
IF(REWARD<0)
     REWARD=0
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:02:06 pm by Spa_geh_tea »

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »
Is this level based, gear based, equipment repair cost base,.... All?

Because, a level 34 with a wooden club is definitely more effective than a level 5 with a longsword. However, two level 18, one with a knife and the other a military pick are again not equal either.

I would say level, armor value, and damage output potential would be used to calculate this handicap.

A handicap system is already in place in the duel ranking system, albiet based off ELO and not the above. A top-ranked duelist beats a scrub, they get nada. Scrub beats the top duelist, their duel ranking soars. Why not extend this to other game modes?

My proposed system would encourage more Frug-like players on the battlefield, and I think we could all use more Frug.