Author Topic: State of Decay  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
State of Decay
« on: April 14, 2013, 11:26:06 pm »
+1
Didn't see a thread on this so I thought I'd post it. Its set to release in June on the xbox and I don't know when they'll release the PC version. The PC will be a port from the xbox version.

State of Decay looks very cool with an open world zombie experience in which you can build settlements, defenses and recruit survivors to assist you in your endeavors. You can build medic tents, watchtowers, barbed wire fences, and much more.

http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

Some screenshots:

(click to show/hide)

Some videos:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
Re: State of Decay
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 04:43:39 am »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 04:47:28 am »
looks boring as fuck
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 04:49:37 am »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 04:54:42 am »
I don't know Taser :/ Zombies are pretty old hat at this point, do we really need another zombie game?

... Well we do, but it's not this one. It's called Judo warrior zombie apocalypse revisited. You play a Japanese Judo master who roams the streets of a zombie ridden hell scape continually annoyed by the fact that if people had just done more Judo this never would have happened. Basically you walk around hip throwing zombies and just pushing them over and letting them trip. His pretty much unstoppable, you get extra points if you flip the zombie right onto it's shoulders just like in a real Zombie throwing Judo comp.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 05:40:10 am »
I don't know Taser :/ Zombies are pretty old hat at this point, do we really need another zombie game?

... Well we do, but it's not this one. It's called Judo warrior zombie apocalypse revisited. You play a Japanese Judo master who roams the streets of a zombie ridden hell scape continually annoyed by the fact that if people had just done more Judo this never would have happened. Basically you walk around hip throwing zombies and just pushing them over and letting them trip. His pretty much unstoppable, you get extra points if you flip the zombie right onto it's shoulders just like in a real Zombie throwing Judo comp.

I just like the ability to make settlements along with trying to survive. That's the main draw for me.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 07:13:45 am »
Not on PC and another zombie game, not gonna miss it.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 07:21:21 am »
I'm haning out for day z stand alone. Day Z was the most fun I've had in a multi player PC game. I got bored after a couple of months but it was just so much fun for those couple of months.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
Not on PC and another zombie game, not gonna miss it.

It will be but I don't know the release date for PC. Unfortunate.

I'm haning out for day z stand alone. Day Z was the most fun I've had in a multi player PC game. I got bored after a couple of months but it was just so much fun for those couple of months.

Yeah they really did a great job with Day Z. I hope they do well with the standalone. I imagine they will with War Z or w/e doing terrible.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 12:21:09 pm »
+2
I think it's time they open up their stuck minds and carry the large map sandbox multiplayer concept to something different than a zombie apocalypse. DayZ is one of the few games these I really loved just because it presented a style of gameplay which offers so much possibilities. The always present threat of other players of which you won't know how do will react to you creates such an awesome atmosphere. In my opinion DayZ doesn't actually need the zombies to be awesome. I'd love to see this in a Western setting with an extensive bounty system for example. Where being a baddy is going to make people hunt you and all out shoot on sight is not the best way to behave. Also with A.I. towns with robbing banks, stagecoaches and trains, shops and so on.

DayZ meets Red Dead Redemption meets APB, would be a damn fine game. Fuck zombies. Otherwise a Medieval setting with large map sandbox multiplayer, but a certain someone is already planning on doing that.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »
Is it a hate crime if you shot a black zombie?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 02:52:53 pm »
Is it a hate crime if you shot a black zombie?

Only if you are white

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »
Only if you are white
What if I'm Asian?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 08:29:57 pm »
+1
Thanks for sharing this, love me some zombie genre as well as survivalist/simulation, and I haven't seen anything like this before http://www.oxmonline.com/state-decay-preview-hands-xblas-zombified-open-world

Doesn't look like I can be completely construction based though, or I'd end up building my Ewok shelter in some trees of a forest.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 06:14:20 am »
+1
This is everything I want to be a part of.

EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT IT'S GONNA BE A CONSOLE PORT GAWD FUCKING DAMNIT.

I think it's time they open up their stuck minds and carry the large map sandbox multiplayer concept to something different than a zombie apocalypse. DayZ is one of the few games these I really loved just because it presented a style of gameplay which offers so much possibilities. The always present threat of other players of which you won't know how do will react to you creates such an awesome atmosphere. In my opinion DayZ doesn't actually need the zombies to be awesome. I'd love to see this in a Western setting with an extensive bounty system for example. Where being a baddy is going to make people hunt you and all out shoot on sight is not the best way to behave. Also with A.I. towns with robbing banks, stagecoaches and trains, shops and so on.

DayZ meets Red Dead Redemption meets APB, would be a damn fine game. Fuck zombies. Otherwise a Medieval setting with large map sandbox multiplayer, but a certain someone is already planning on doing that.

This, except I'd rather have a game set in the 16-17th century Carribbean, me and my homies sailing on a motherfucking sloop, tryna trade sugar, booze, tobacco and shit. Blasting other motherfuckers in their own ships, boarding ships and taking them over and shit. Sid Meier's Pirates in a forced first-person on the unreal 3 engine. I'd fill the lower stratosphere with my nerdjaculation.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:19:04 am by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?