Author Topic: Nerf HX  (Read 7614 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nerf HX
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2013, 02:26:25 am »
But HX deals just too much damage, considering it's own risk/cost

I believe (anyone can confirm?) they added a speed bonus based on your horse's movement for ranged on horseback. Removing it from HX, and keeping it for HA/HT without touching anything else could possibly even it a bit more out.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2013, 06:17:09 am »
I believe (anyone can confirm?) they added a speed bonus based on your horse's movement for ranged on horseback. Removing it from HX, and keeping it for HA/HT without touching anything else could possibly even it a bit more out.
No please no, unless of course it was only positively removed, allowing HX to ride fullspeed in the other direction while still dealing full damage wouldn't exactly be what I'd consider a nerf.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2013, 09:15:20 am »
+3
Speed bonus is relatively low for high velocity projectile weapons. It's more effective for mounted throwers because the movement speed has to be in the area of the shot speed for a big bonus. Furthermore afaik one usually don't shot while riding at top speed because of the accuracy penalty.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2013, 10:32:49 am »
So a 50% damage increase for a bolt velocity increase of 23%? I find that quite a lot, more than I expected. Also, with the accuracy of 5 HA, 189 wpf HX, which is the usual build, full speed shooting is quite common and viable.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2013, 11:50:27 am »
I find that HT is very balanced class at the moment, i am able to post good scores, but what gets me is sometimes i can be 1 hitting tincans but other times it takes me 3 throwing lances or more to kill him. But in my opinion of playing the two classes. HA is so more over powered than  HT, i have to concentrate 10x harder to do well with HT while with HA with the crosshair being so small it is  a very easy class.

Upkeep is killing me with mounted throwing. Every round, one stack of javelins break, and it seems more difficult to upkeep (with javelins) then a HX.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »
Upkeep is killing me with mounted throwing. Every round, one stack of javelins break, and it seems more difficult to upkeep (with javelins) then a HX.
While you are waiting, try the franciscas as HT. They are way cheaper and get much better speed bonus than the javelins.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2013, 12:19:53 pm »
+1
While you are waiting, try the franciscas as HT. They are way cheaper and get much better speed bonus than the javelins.

But... style!
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2013, 05:41:10 pm »
But... style!
Exactly! You get to use badass axes over lameass spears!

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2013, 02:58:20 am »
+1
This is a game played purely for fun and spectating while a hx rides round and round for 3 mins at the end of each round is dire for 95% of people on server. Not for balance, realism or anything else but purely to reduce total bloody tedium get rid of them.

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2013, 09:51:27 am »
+1
This is a game played purely for fun and spectating while a hx rides round and round for 3 mins at the end of each round is dire for 95% of people on server. Not for balance, realism or anything else but purely to reduce total bloody tedium get rid of them.

I think they should just change how flags spawn, why not just have flags always spawn at 4 minutes every round? That would cut down on any class that is delaying.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2013, 11:19:14 am »
The suggestion is as old as Moses, but it would actually require some time of the developers who are currently occupied with M:BG. Mod is ded.  :P
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2013, 06:20:20 pm »
The suggestion is as old as Moses, but it would actually require some time of the developers who are currently occupied with M:BG. Mod is ded.  :P

Get the guy who is doing seige beta to do it.

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2013, 04:01:46 pm »
+1
The difference between HA and HX is when a ha aims at me i just dance to dodge arrows but when its a hx i try to find a place to cover. Cause hx deals a lot more damage than a ha. I think it should be otherwise. Maybe reducing reload speed on horseback can solve the problem.

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »
+2
I can't spam against all other classes and fight them on my own terms

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2013, 08:56:02 am »
There are few horses if any on siege server, so its a solution to your problem right there!