Author Topic: Ban request: Yoloswaggins_TKoV and EggoWaffle  (Read 742 times)

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ban request: Yoloswaggins_TKoV and EggoWaffle
« on: April 12, 2013, 01:50:20 am »
I fought in the Ichamur siege (http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=3239) earlier today as a member of the offense. Around 3/4 of the way into the battle, Yoloswaggins_TKoV and EggoWaffle, who were also fighting as members of the offense, began constructing a catapult.

Upon the other members of the offense noticing this, Matey_BRD and Hobb_Lord_of_TKoV, respectively the highest ranking member of the faction whose battle it was and the commander directing the battle, told them to stop building the catapult and ordered it destroyed. Yoloswaggins_TKoV and EggoWaffle were both informed by other members of the offense that catapults were currently bugged and that there was an existing admin ruling from this battle (http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=3224) by Canary that people were not to build them. Their reply was that crashing the server and causing pieces of the walls to fly off randomly would be "hilarious" and that it didn't matter anyway because "we're already losing".

They then started building another catapult in a different spot, as the one they had been working on until then had been destroyed by our side per the orders of the commander.

They were told again over TS that what they were doing was unproductive and against the rules. They ignored this and went on to complete the catapult anyway, which caused a large number of people on both sides to crash.

It had no effect on the outcome of things, but Strategus battles are already tedious enough without people intentionally trying to abuse bugs to grief the server. Please don't let them off with just a warning, because a number of people on our side already gave them plenty of warnings before they finished the second catapult.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
Re: Ban request: Yoloswaggins_TKoV and EggoWaffle
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 02:07:02 am »
This is the third time a catapult has crashed the server about half of each teams' players (2 times at Ayn Assuadi and now once at Ichamur). Not only is there an existing admin rule for this, but this is also a violation of the "common sense" rule. I do not appreciate having to restart my computer every time one of these is built.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:12:20 am by Phantasmal »
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 02:10:49 am »
To be fair, catapults have never crashed a server.  Just certain client it seems.  If anything, I would blame those clients for crashing when others are working just fine.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:45:26 am »
i wonder why some crash and some dont. I run WSE2 and i have never crashed from a catapult, dunno if it is related. Either way, we told em not to build these because we all know that people will crash and weird shit will happen, it shouldn't be against the rules to build catapults because catapults are necessary siege gear, but shit is broken and as such there is no reason to build them. With any luck the devs will fix it rather than making an official rule against building essential siege equipment D:

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:28:47 am »
Yeah, because we saw how quickly they fixed pike on horseback.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 07:34:48 am »
Yeah, because we saw how quickly they fixed pike on horseback.

Right, but we have had properly working siege equipment before.  A patch rollback could fix all their problems, but since the devs are absent, we should just ban the entire player base instead.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 08:19:53 am »
I run WSE2 and i have never crashed from a catapult

It is!  I have conducted a short survey with a few players from different clans.  I have yet to hear a case where someone present in any of the three battles crashed when they had WSE2 enabled or didn't crash when they weren't using WSE2.  So folks, turn on your WSE2 and stop griefing yourself!

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
It is!  I have conducted a short survey with a few players from different clans.  I have yet to hear a case where someone present in any of the three battles crashed when they had WSE2 enabled or didn't crash when they weren't using WSE2.  So folks, turn on your WSE2 and stop griefing yourself!

That many people still aren't using WSE2?

Plebians, the lot of them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 09:36:27 am »
That many people still aren't using WSE2?

Plebians, the lot of them.

I can't even imagine going back to the shitty FPS and worse looking graphics of non-WSE2 cRPG.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »
It is annoying that some of these bugs are not being fixed in a timely manner, but it is what it is, and while they are broken rules against building them are necessary to avoid crashing clients and bugging scenery.

Yoloswaggins and Eggowaffle not only intentionally broke the rules, they ignored repeated warnings from the leaders of their team (whose tickets and equipment they were using & representing) to stop.  In addition they were not contributing to the battle, and effectively griefed the server when the completed catapault crashed a bunch of people.

Fortunately for both of them their ban history is very light (0-1 bans) so this will be less than it could have been.  Both will receive a 3 day ban for griefing.

Reasoning:
24 hours for the lack off contribution/effectively leeching in the battle & wasting equipment they were told not to use
24 hours for the griefing
24 hours for the severity (severe griefing/disruption)

Locking thread, feedback -> my feedback thread
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345