Author Topic: What happns after reach 31?  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
What happns after reach 31?
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:48:18 pm »
+1
So i have 2 31 chars and have two options. Reset them and get some heirloom point+ xp bonus(which is?) or keep it and grind further. 32 is very long way and heirloom is too small price to reset a charr, so whats the real lvl cap which i can get?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:10:37 pm by Kalam »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: What happns after reach 31?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:04 pm »
+3
30 xp bonus/tick and 1 loompoint to upgrade an item
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:02:22 pm »
+1
Some people have gotten to level 35. It is over 180 million XP however. Level 36 is the absolute cap due to the XP counter being stored in a data-type that can't go higher, and having that much XP is extremely rare.

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
+3
I believe it is essential to add more generations .... considering that much difference a masterwork weapon or armor lordly ... then keep in mind the multipliers: an example of the tenth generation with a x5 takes 6500 points instead of 5000, climb more quickly level

Offline GuiKa

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_GuiKa
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:45:48 am »
+1
You should retire both chars, honestly being higher level is not a really big advantage. But being full rank 3 armors + weapons is a really big one.

1 Loom is worth 450-500k golds on the market.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 03:15:13 am »
The main benefit of not retiring is you don't have to spend half your time with a sub par char. The bonus from 30-35 is pretty small, but the fact you don't ever have a crappy char makes it worth it for me. I would say the benefit of not having a poop char for half your time also outweighs having lots of looms, but thats just my opinion. I would recommend getting at least a few masterworks before stopping retiring though if you intend to go 34+

You don't have to retire at 31 though, you can go to 32 or even 33 and get a similar amount of gold for your time. Just you won't get the bonus XP for gens as fast as retiring at 31 (as they are delayed until 32/33)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 05:24:50 am »
Getting to level 32 takes exactly twice as much experience as getting to level 31. It also provides two heirloom points instead of just one.

This means that instead of going through the 1-31 grind again, you can stay at level 31 during your second 'generation' with no real penalty. You won't receive the +30xp generation bonus that you would have gotten otherwise, but in my opinion it's not really worth it to retire at level 31 just for that.

If you enjoy playing those characters, don't retire them. Keep going to level 32.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 05:59:00 am »
+5
Getting to level 32 takes exactly twice as much experience as getting to level 31. It also provides two heirloom points instead of just one.

This means that instead of going through the 1-31 grind again, you can stay at level 31 during your second 'generation' with no real penalty. You won't receive the +30xp generation bonus that you would have gotten otherwise, but in my opinion it's not really worth it to retire at level 31 just for that.

If you enjoy playing those characters, don't retire them. Keep going to level 32.
i disagree, that generation bonus is of massive importance.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 08:18:34 am »
i disagree, that generation bonus is of massive importance.

Only if u want to make plenty of gens. As someone said somewhere here the most effective way to reach lvl 35, which is basically highest possible lvl, is making 6 gens. 6 gens for trying different builds (though u can use Skip The Fun alt for this purpose) and then keep lvling. On the other hand if someone enjoy playing as a low lvl peasant or really badly want looms then why not, keep retiring. Personally I think that better way to get looms is playing on the market or using cheap gear, u can easily earn ~200 k gold per gen using pretty good gear - only melee classes though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:44 am »
+4
I'd still suggest retiring at 31 over retiring at 32. Don't forget the max_lvl_20 server, where you can get to 20 lvl (~800k exp) really fast because of 1.5 exp rate, and at that point you're quite effective already. And generation exp bonus is also helpful. At gen 16 you get 1450 per tick instead of just 1000, and it is the cap of gen exp bonus.

PS: also it took me 18 generations to decide what class I want to play, so 6 is not always enough.  :D

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 01:06:37 pm »
I disagree with ninjamanmacropus here. I think 32 is better because you get more builds to experiment with, you get 2 loom point at the end which can be sold for 1 +3 item which gives you better gear and you also get less time playing with weaker characters, aim to have your build finished at 31 then you get another entire gen with a good character with good rewards.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 01:18:21 pm »
+2
I disagree with ninjamanmacropus here. I think 32 is better because you get more builds to experiment with, you get 2 loom point at the end which can be sold for 1 +3 item which gives you better gear and you also get less time playing with weaker characters, aim to have your build finished at 31 then you get another entire gen with a good character with good rewards.

Valid points. BUT if you start at gen1 you might want that xp bonus. As far as I know, if you retire at lvl32 instead of 2x lvl 31 you only get the xp bonus once, if you retire twice at lvl31, you get it twice and if you retire a couple of times, that makes a big difference.

I retired at 31 until gen16, now I retire at lvl32.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:33:53 pm »
This is true Nic, but in my experience the xp bonus isn't that significant until you're a really high gen and I'm too impatient for that I just want the looms :D

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 02:16:14 pm »
+2
Some people have gotten to level 35. It is over 180 million XP however. Level 36 is the absolute cap due to the XP counter being stored in a data-type that can't go higher, and having that much XP is extremely rare.
KINNGRIMM FTW!  :lol:
Bros never die!

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:09 pm »
+1
This is true Nic, but in my experience the xp bonus isn't that significant until you're a really high gen and I'm too impatient for that I just want the looms :D

You are aware that you won't get looms faster by retiring at 32 right? (Outside of getting valor a bit more because you won't be a peasant)