Author Topic: Strat Noob  (Read 804 times)

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dillinger
Strat Noob
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:53:17 pm »
I'm a complete noob when it comes to strat battles, but i hear you gain more xp participating in strat than you will on battle servers.  I found where to apply as a merc, but im not sure how much gold (if any) i should ask for if i want to get picked up.  Some advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: Strat Noob
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:09 pm »
+1
Ask for no gold. They don't need to pay you anyhow, no matter what you ask.

The big battles give the best XP, but they also require high levels. With under lvl 30 it will be hard to get in.

The battle organizers also like info on your build, so write your class in the description and/or use the "show stats" button. And be on Teamspeak in time for the roll call, or they think you aren't coming.

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »
I'm lvl 30 and thats the main reason i want to start strat.  Going from lvls 1-30 AGAIN, with a build i've started to hate is very painful.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 10:22:12 pm »
+3
People don't generally ask for gold unless it's some joke amount like 69 or 420, although if you do well the commander will sometimes pay you after the battle.

If you want to fight you'll need to make sure that you're in the right teamspeak channel in time for roll-call, which is usually 20-30 minutes before the battle. Teamspeak info should be listed under the "Briefing" tab or in the little message icon next to the commander's names. If you don't show up in time for roll-call you'll be considered absent and removed from the roster to make room for someone else. This goes both ways; if you didn't get accepted ahead of time, you can sometimes go into teamspeak before the battle and take the place of someone who got removed.

When you get into the battle make sure to listen to the commander's instructions. Strat battles are a team effort and if you don't work with your team you may not get accepted next time. If you're dying a lot and not getting any kills consider hanging back and guarding your team's spawn or forward base instead. It's not as exciting as being on the front lines, but it's an important job and you'll get the same amount of experience either way.

Each player has a Reliability rating and a Performance rating that you can view by checking out their profile (click their name on the roster). These ratings only draw from your last 10 battles so you can improve them over time. Reliability is based on how many times you miss a battle. If you show up for every battle that you're signed up for your Reliability rating will be 10/10, so only apply for battles that you'll probably be able to make and retract/cancel application if you're going to miss it. Performance is based on your kill:death ratio in strat battles. You'll probably go negative in your first few battles, but commanders also have older players who'll go positive and make up for it so they're usually pretty forgiving, especially if you're listening to instructions and doing your best. Like I mentioned above you can also contribute in other ways by doing things like guarding your spawn, forward base, high-scoring archers, etc.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 06:34:48 pm »
Thank you guys for the great info.  I signed up for a strat battle, but never found out the ts ip of the clan i was fighting for.  looked for their clan in the clan roster, but couldnt find them and so asked the leader.  Leader told me that the ts info was in the battle briefing, but i couldnt seem to find that and so was kicked.  Where do i find the briefing?  All i see in the battle tab is the type of battle and the roster.

Offline Jon Agony

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 06:39:40 pm »
When you've signed up for a battle, you go to the battle again, look it up and look at the roster! There will be 3 sort of tabs at the top! One of them is called Battle, next one is called Roster and last you have Briefing! Hope this helped, and i'm sorry for my lack of english  :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »
Thank you guys for the great info.  I signed up for a strat battle, but never found out the ts ip of the clan i was fighting for.  looked for their clan in the clan roster, but couldnt find them and so asked the leader.  Leader told me that the ts info was in the battle briefing, but i couldnt seem to find that and so was kicked.  Where do i find the briefing?  All i see in the battle tab is the type of battle and the roster.

(click to show/hide)

Briefing tab doesn't appear until you get accepted.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »
I saw myself on the roster. Maybe by the time i looked for briefing they had already kicked me.  I did have 188 ping after all lol.

Offline Dillinger

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »
Ok so i signed up for a battle and see myself on the roster.  Im still not seeing the briefing tab though. I still just see battle and roster?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 08:06:01 pm by Dillinger »