Author Topic: Game feels clunky?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
Re: Game feels clunky?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 11:40:31 pm »
+1
Agreed with everything.  NA1 is fine, NA3 is better than it was when they were using Linux boxes, but still far from ideal.

Half the time when I swing and am blocked (or miss) and try to swing immediately afterwards (aka spam), I don't see my weapon animation until it's just about to hit the other player, so lately I've just been trusting my instincts that "Yes, I indeed not only left clicked, but the game registered it as well", it usually seems to work in my favor too.

I should try that, the trusting my instincts bit.

It worked for Luke Skywalker.

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
+3
The game has DEFINITELY gotten clunkier, chunkier and funkier over the past year.
People have posted and complained numerous times about hit detection issues, about mysterious lag, etcetera, and every time it's just silence in response.
Somewhere there are bugs creeping in but apparently it's a lower priority to fix them than it is to continue nerfing items and builds and introducing broken gamemodes/maps....

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 11:47:56 pm »
+3
I barely ever play NA and even I notice a lag difference between NA_1 and NA_3. I think some fat guy accidentally sat down on NA_3.

In general though cRPG is glitchy and choppy. The only reason I sometimes play the farce that is Native is because it feels so damn smooth and responsive. Maybe all the extra scrips are too much for the sloppy Turkish basement coding core.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 03:25:07 am »
+2
It's not enough with the ping being higher than on NA most of the time, but when the ping is low (which seems like rare occasions) people still just teleport through solid objects and other buggy lag-related stuff. It's quite sad, I miss the times I played a lot of strat battles and eu 1 as a pikeman, but the lags just removes the fun out of it. HX and DtV is the only things I find fun nowadays. :|
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 03:35:55 am »
Mine feels good atm but as ive said in an other thread for a few weeks, around 3, i had major lag problems, but it is stable again.
As for the game a few things:

it looks like high agi stackers ghost through me alot. Noticing with agi stackers ALOT, allthough this doesnt happen every minute it does happen around once or twice a map, not alot but it is there.

when i hold overhead and release it sometimes has some weird shit where it actually does an other direction instead of what it shows.. Enemys have it aswell, fooling me hard.

Horse does weird crap floating in the ground, not so often, was more when I had the ping problems

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:19 am »
Feels noticeably funky to me as well, I think the reason it hasn't been "fixed" is cause its not measurable in any way. Its like like an op/crappy weapon where you can see the stats and tweak it.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 05:11:15 pm »
+1
In general though cRPG is glitchy and choppy. The only reason I sometimes play the farce that is Native is because it feels so damn smooth and responsive. Maybe all the extra scrips are too much for the sloppy Turkish basement coding core.

I've always felt this was the problem.  Over the years, melee kept getting 'tweaks' on it to slow combat down, introduce new animations, etc, and combat just kept getting slower, and recently, buggier.  I wish we could just have native animations with absolutely nothing changed, in regards to melee at least.  I want to stab at people without having to worry it'll suddenly turned into a right swing halfway through.

Of course, too much work has gone into all these irritating tweaks and 'fixes' that it would be unreasonable now to undo all that work, so goddammit.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline dontgothere

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DONT_GO_THERE, ARTIEstrongestmanINTHEWORLD, WHERES_MY_CHIPPY, PINGAS, derpyhooves, George_Costanza
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 07:19:34 pm »
+2
Exactly, Kaelaen!

NA players didn't want "combat slowed down" ... we all know where that trend's coming from.  :rolleyes:

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 09:17:54 pm »
There are a few other things I've noticed.

• When 'bumping' into a person, while walking (say, out of spawn), there is no longer that odd bumpiness with the two agents colliding: it's all rather smooth, but the animations skip and slide a lot more during those periods.
  • Before, when a shielder had one's shield up, there was a chance of ghosting through the person: this now happens more frequently, for me at least, and can occur with other players (as Joseph mentioned) that have -- apparently -- higher agility. 
  • Swings and stabs ghost more frequently as well, more than I remember them doing.  Overheads (especially with polearms) had issues with hitting teammates behind the enemy you're striking not too long after the backswing change.  I don't recall it happening before, at least all that often.
  • Animations will sometimes skip.  This has also been mentioned before, and, like I said, I apparently run my connection through a toaster.  However, this state of unreliable connectivity is not new to my playing experience: my ping has always kinda jumped around like that.  Also, people with stable ping are mentioning it. 

I can report all of this, and who knows: I could even take video of all of it; none of that means a damn if there isn't actually an overarching issue, or if that issue is ignored.  It seems to me, basically, that this is one of those cases where one has to suck it up and deal with it.  Unfortunate as though that may be.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2013, 01:17:05 am »
There are a few other things I've noticed.

• When 'bumping' into a person, while walking (say, out of spawn), there is no longer that odd bumpiness with the two agents colliding: it's all rather smooth, but the animations skip and slide a lot more during those periods.
  • Before, when a shielder had one's shield up, there was a chance of ghosting through the person: this now happens more frequently, for me at least, and can occur with other players (as Joseph mentioned) that have -- apparently -- higher agility. 
  • Swings and stabs ghost more frequently as well, more than I remember them doing.  Overheads (especially with polearms) had issues with hitting teammates behind the enemy you're striking not too long after the backswing change.  I don't recall it happening before, at least all that often.
  • Animations will sometimes skip.  This has also been mentioned before, and, like I said, I apparently run my connection through a toaster.  However, this state of unreliable connectivity is not new to my playing experience: my ping has always kinda jumped around like that.  Also, people with stable ping are mentioning it. 

I can report all of this, and who knows: I could even take video of all of it; none of that means a damn if there isn't actually an overarching issue, or if that issue is ignored.  It seems to me, basically, that this is one of those cases where one has to suck it up and deal with it.  Unfortunate as though that may be.

yup these things have all been happening lately ... with any luck the devs can sort it (unhopeful face)
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !