Author Topic: Game feels clunky?  (Read 1946 times)

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Swag so dope, snapback rehab.
    • View Profile
Game feels clunky?
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »
+3
I had posted this in the technical problems section of the forums but it didn't get any replies. Hopefully ya'll can tell me if i'm the only one noticing this.

"This mod used to feel so fluid, over the last month or two I can't help but feel that the game has gone down the shitter. (as if the 2h queers weren't always a problem)
I run through people constantly nowadays, hiltslash and point blank 2h stabs are more prevalent than ever, and so often it looks like my character is sliding around instead of running. I run at a constant 60 frames, and I never have ping above 15. So are the servers just fucked? or have the devs broken the game with all of these recent horrible updates? It doesn't do this in any other mod or native."

I'll also note that this is way more noticable in NA3.

Forgot to mention these two:
Often times while playing 2hand my overheads will miss entirely and i'll magically get the kill on the recovery.
Also, I notice I fall through the floor while jumping way more than I used to, sometimes resulting in me teleporting a few feet upon landing.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:02:40 am by SMEGMAR »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Smegmar #1 NA HOC guy that actually doesn't suck dick at cRPG

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Game feels clunky?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:25:46 pm »
+1
Doesn't feel any more "clunky" than normal to me
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »
+5
I've been feeling like I've been playing through molasses lately.

But I also, apparently, run internet through a toaster and a shredder at once, and get anywhere from a normal 45ms to 90-120ms at any given time.

ALSO: If you are having fps drops you didn't previous experience, and you are on maps with high foliage, and you have your HDR settings on, even at low, turn off your HDR, completely.  Absolutely removed any FPS stuttering or lag I was experiencing on those maps.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:04:09 pm by Brrrak »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 08:54:02 pm »
I haven't played on a battle server in awhile, but even on NA_3 it's felt pretty wonky, I've seen quite a few complaints of random FPS drops.  I've encountered said FPS drops myself and I run at a straight 60 FPS and no prior issues, so this is pretty interesting.

Aside from that, that's just 2h being 2h, not much else to say.  I've gotten used to it and don't throw a shit fit when one out speeds me and black bars me in one hit anymore, it's just become natural to either not fight or stab their eye out from a distance at this point.

^ POLEARMS RULE

EDIT:

oh and since we're bringing up ping, I play with a pretty steady 94 - 106.  It usually doesn't get any higher, but I have a shit DSL connection in a shit coastal town surrounded by water on three sides (STORMS).

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:22 pm »
I've been feeling like I've been playing through molasses lately.

But I also, apparently, run internet through a toaster and a shredder at once, and get anywhere from a normal 45ms to 90-120ms at any given time.

Molasses is the perfect way of putting it. I can still get good scores in this garbage, but i have to try MUCH harder.
It's like being good at swimming, but having to swim through legos.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 08:56:52 pm »
+3
My armor can still get good scores in this garbage, but it has to try a lot harder.

gottem#jokingplsdonthate

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »
gottem#jokingplsdonthate

While I wouldn't say i'm on your level Frugfriend, i've been topping boards long before I donned my gaymode armor.

You and Saul are the only people I fear on the battlefield.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 11:38:09 pm »
NA_1 feels fine.

NA_3 feels like it sucks cocks, although not as many as in the past.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 01:38:57 am »
Lol 2h queers says the guy running around in heavy armor and a great maul. Nope nothing queer about that at all.

To quote frug.....

Gottem.

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 04:41:38 am »
+1
People were talking about skilled HoC in that one HoC dicksucking thread (I think it was called underappreciated players or something), anyway Smegmar in my opinion is the best duelist out of HoC.  I think people just didn't notice him because he wore literally like 6 body armor the whole time so if he got shot, gg.  Apparently he's armor crutching now?  Oh well.  Didn't need it before though.

To remain on topic, I feel NA1 is fine.  Sometimes I get FPS drops but that's on my computer.  NA3 though is absolute garbage.  People go through my blocks all the time why?  Because I have something different showing on my screen compared to what's actually happening.  I notice this a lot when I'm attacking.  I'm trying to do a right or left swing LOLOL halfway through the animation it turns into a stab.  Sometimes this works out in my favor.  People who know my fighting style expect a side swing, and get stabbed instead.  But the more obvious thing that happens is I'm at an improper range for a stab and so I glance and get fucked.  FUCK.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 05:15:40 am »
+1
Because I have something different showing on my screen compared to what's actually happening.  I notice this a lot when I'm attacking. I'm trying to do a right or left swing LOLOL halfway through the animation it turns into a stab.  Sometimes this works out in my favor.  People who know my fighting style expect a side swing, and get stabbed instead.  But the more obvious thing that happens is I'm at an improper range for a stab and so I glance and get fucked.

THIS

And yeah, with all of the recent nerfs to ranged and such I've decided to throw in the towel, scrap all of my goofy looms, and go dedicated melee.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 09:44:45 pm by SMEGMAR »

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 07:52:14 am »
+1
and I never have ping above 15.

Lost all street cred.

And yeah, with all of the recent buffs to ranged and such I've decided to throw in the towel, scrap all of my goofy looms, and go dedicated melee.

Wat?  Please tell me they buffed ranged, this would be a turn of events from the last few years!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 07:55:17 am by Silveredge »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33:19 pm »
+1
People were talking about skilled HoC in that one HoC dicksucking thread (I think it was called underappreciated players or something), anyway Smegmar in my opinion is the best duelist out of HoC.  I think people just didn't notice him because he wore literally like 6 body armor the whole time so if he got shot, gg.  Apparently he's armor crutching now?  Oh well.  Didn't need it before though.

To remain on topic, I feel NA1 is fine.  Sometimes I get FPS drops but that's on my computer.  NA3 though is absolute garbage.  People go through my blocks all the time why?  Because I have something different showing on my screen compared to what's actually happening.  I notice this a lot when I'm attacking.  I'm trying to do a right or left swing LOLOL halfway through the animation it turns into a stab.  Sometimes this works out in my favor.  People who know my fighting style expect a side swing, and get stabbed instead.  But the more obvious thing that happens is I'm at an improper range for a stab and so I glance and get fucked.  FUCK.

-idlewind

Agreed with everything.  NA1 is fine, NA3 is better than it was when they were using Linux boxes, but still far from ideal.

Half the time when I swing and am blocked (or miss) and try to swing immediately afterwards (aka spam), I don't see my weapon animation until it's just about to hit the other player, so lately I've just been trusting my instincts that "Yes, I indeed not only left clicked, but the game registered it as well", it usually seems to work in my favor too.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline SMEGMAR

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 09:44:33 pm »
Lost all street cred.

Wat?  Please tell me they buffed ranged, this would be a turn of events from the last few years!

Nerfs*
Sorry, I downsed.
I downsed hard.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »
I had posted this in the technical problems section of the forums but it didn't get any replies. Hopefully ya'll can tell me if i'm the only one noticing this.

"This mod used to feel so fluid, over the last month or two I can't help but feel that the game has gone down the shitter. (as if the 2h queers weren't always a problem)
I run through people constantly nowadays, hiltslash and point blank 2h stabs are more prevalent than ever, and so often it looks like my character is sliding around instead of running. I run at a constant 60 frames, and I never have ping above 15. So are the servers just fucked? or have the devs broken the game with all of these recent horrible updates? It doesn't do this in any other mod or native."

I'll also note that this is way more noticable in NA3.

i have these exact problems
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !