Author Topic: fun builds  (Read 4130 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
fun builds
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:56:23 am »
+17
hey guys,

Lately, we have had some nice evenings with HRE where we basically tried out a couple of fun (troll) builds. It became addictive. I thought i wanted to share some fun ideas that people can do (either alone or with a small group/clan). I know there are clans that have done similar stuff, so if you have another idea post it here and i will add it to the list.
If the forum mods want, they can move this to guides later. Its not really a guide that would help new players to become better, but its a guide that gives some ideas for fun builds.

Before we start, i need to make some stuff clear:

*I will be talking about having fun with 'troll builds'. This means that you dont have to expect yourself to be deadly, you can have fun with these troll builds by:
    -annoying the shit out of the enemy
    -role playing
    -interaction with the other players: eg: writing 'pew pew' in global chat when you shoot someone, using the voice commands like 'incoming cavalry' or 'arrows incoming'
*Trolling doesnt exactly mean that you should start abusing bugs or breaking rules.
*Its always more fun when you are with multiple players and dress up the same. Playing horsexbow is just average, but when you are with 5 HX that wear some ridiculous outfit and spam 'arrows incoming', you will have an awesome time.
*Attacking lonely targets with a group is always the most rewarding and also the most annoying tactic you can use if you use trollbuilds.

THE UNBREAKABLE SHIELD:
This is the basic of the basic, the most known and a true troll build. For this build you need 12 to 13 shieldskill and a practice shield. With 13 shieldskill your practice shield is unbreakable, with 12 it will still take a damn shitload of hits. Quite effective if you use a knife (eg: rondell) or a shortened spear.
(click to show/hide)
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
*equipment:
    -knife (eg: rondell) or shortened spear
    -practice shield
*rating:
    -effectiveness: when you are alone you are quite weak. Cavalry, ranged and teamhits are a big danger. In group, you can easily gank and kill everyone.
    -upkeep: this might be the cheapest build you can find here. Your equipment is almost free and the same goes for your upkeep.
    -fun rating: nothing more annoying than hammering on a practice shield that turns out to be unbreakable, the same goes for being swarmed by a pack of superfast and untouchable trolls.

BUMP CAV:
A very fun build where you take a horse and shield and bump people to the ground. Ofcourse a horse isn't cheap so it won't be as cheap as the unbreakable shield.
(click to show/hide)
*build(s)
(click to show/hide)
*equipment:
    -heavy horse
    -shield
*rating:
    -effectiveness: Ranged and long pokey sticks are your biggest enemy. You take the shield for the ranged and the pikes... well you better dont run into those. How effective you are also depends on the map you are playing, some maps are     horrible and on others you just trample the whole team with your horse. Once dismounted you are as good as dead, so be carefull with your life.
    -upkeep: a horse isn't cheap, be sure you won't be making tons of money. However, the fun pays.
    -fun rating: alone or in a small team, this is always very fun to play and not only you will laugh about it.

HORSE RANGED:
Nothing better than riding around while pew pewing at the enemy while listening to their QQ. Also just fun if you are bored of the daily melee gameplay. Personally i think HX is the most effective, however HA can be quite fun too (however hard without looms or high level). If you have any suggestions for a horse throwing build, please let me know.
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
*equipment: quite obvious
*rating:
    -effectiveness: if you have a good build, horse ranged can be quite effective. However, this are trollbuilds and are mainly to annoy people, but dont be afraid. You will certainly be deadly. Like always, if you are with a small group this is even better.
    -upkeep: if you use a rouncey, and light armor you should be able to make some money.
    -fun rating: horse ranged can be very relaxing, but also hilarious when you can pew pew lonely players to death with a small group.

POWER THROWER:
A high damage thrower that is surprisingly deadly and fun. If you are with a small team you can even be averagely effective with rocks or you can throw volleys of throwing lances to the enemy. Even without a team, this build turned out to be a deadly force and often a onehitter.
(click to show/hide)
*build(s)
(click to show/hide)
*equipment:
-very light armor!!
-stones/throwing lances or any other throwing weapon
-weapon rack optional
*rating:
    -effectiveness: extremely deadly, you onehit most targets but you are very slow and die quickly. With rocks you can be very annoying and even kill players and a firing line of throwing lances is impossible to charge. If you use a weapon rack you have an infinite amount of ammo.
    -upkeep: stones are extremely cheap while throwing lances and especially construction sites might cost a lot of money.
    -fun rating: i believe this is the most versatile, hilarious and awesome build to play. Nothing better than stoning someone to death or launching a volley of throwing lances over the castle wall/field. You are extremely deadly when you are alone and this offers many options like building a fortress from stakes and siegeshields with a weapon rack and a healing tent: impossible to charge and extremely funny.

XBOW SHOTGUNNER:
walk up to an enemy, shoot a bolt in his face and run away: awesome times.
(click to show/hide)
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
*equipment:
    -wip: either a single light xbow or 2 hunting xbows
*rating:
    -effectiveness: you will do low damage, but you can be pretty deadly against peasants with a light xbow. again, the more you are with the better. Also quite good as stun support.
    -upkeep: this is a quite cheap build. light armor and 1 or 2 xbows is cheap.
    -fun rating: this is pretty awesome, move around like a ninja and wait for your prey like an assassin. than quickly jump around the corner and shoot. dont forget to run! also nice to shoot people in the back, especially during the last man standing duel.

OVERLY MANLY MAN:
heavy gauntlets in your face, it hurts. Pretty damn ineffective against anything that is stronger than an archer and very expensive if you decide to go full plate with it, but this can be fun just to prove how OP strenght is
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
*equipment: heavy gauntlets
*rating:
    -effectiveness: as mentioned before, very hard to fight anything tougher than an archer.  It might also turn out to be quite hard to fight without team support
    -upkeep: if you decide you want to be a tank and use tincan armor, you can expect to lose some money :)
    -fun rating: well, fisting peasants is always extremely fun. so i think this says enough.

ASSASSIN:
a high agility build and a rondell dagger are a deadly combination. Very fun to gank players and if you have some skill in chambering, duels are even possible.
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
*equipment: rondell dagger
*rating:
    -effectiveness: if you know some chambering, this can be a very effective build. Also very nice for hit and run tactics or for ganking with a small team.
    -upkeep: well, light armor and a dagger. that should say enough.
    -fun rating: humiliating the enemy by killing him makes this build totally awesome.

PURE COUCHER:
take a jousting lance or a great lance and a fast horse and massacre the enemy
*build(s):
(click to show/hide)
*equipment: jousting lance or heavy lance
*rating:
wip

have fun!

no_rules
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:12:33 pm by no_rules_just_play »

• King
    • View Profile
Re: fun builds
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:56:57 am »
-reserved-

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:12 am »
+1
MW Heavy gauntlets with full plate is a blast! I remember using it some time ago learn to chamber and you can beat everyone not just archersssss.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 04:51:48 am »
+2
Us, the migthy Cochon clan, once done a full grigayd of xbow freak

15/27 full wm full ath

one arba, one crossbow (was in the old days, now it's hunting) and steel bolt

alone it's cool, but if you are 5+ and go in siege... it can be rather deadlying FUN!! I remember destroying a shield and killing the shielder with one migthy volley (5 bolt from arba at close range is huge :P )

the other xbow is for a quick last shot (annoying as hell, was better before with the normal xbow 1 slot, but can still be good with hunting!)

another cool variant of this built :

go 15/24 with some riding and be a deadly mobile xbow squad all over the place (only good with some HX  flankers and a big group of people)
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 04:56:19 am »
+2
21/18 or 21/21 are probably my favorite thrower builds. 21/18 if you want PS at level 30. MW War Darts @ 7 PT pack a real mean punch in ranged and in dart stabs.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 05:02:23 am »
+2
PEASANT MODE!

Using only cloth armor and peasant weapons! It's fun and surprisingly effective, especially if you form an angry mob with torches and pitchforks.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 05:09:39 am »
+1
MW Heavy gauntlets with full plate is a blast! I remember using it some time ago learn to chamber and you can beat everyone not just archersssss.
well, i sucked pretty much indeed :)

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 05:25:26 am »
+1
A build Gaffer showed me earlier, that I found really fun:
(click to show/hide)

You can swap the WM for more shield skill, or more IF if you want. Use a flanged mace, and make sure to go for maximum speed bonus every single hit. A +3 flanged mace makes an enormous difference in effectiveness.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 05:45:20 am »
+3
no_fun_just_play
Turtles

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 08:35:04 am »
+6
I've done some of your suggested builds, but I'd also like to suggest playing as an evil cult.

Have half your group go unbreakable shield with torches, and the other half go high agility daggers or powerstrike scythes. Chant nonsense and call out the doom of players on the enemy team whenever you have time to type.

edit: A massive group of horse archers and horse crossbows sounds hilarious. I can just imagine someone giving up in frustration as 5-10 mounted archers circle them, firing from all angles.

Another suggestion is a brotherhood of monks. Use quarterstaff and monks or priests robes. Use the friar tuck haircut. You can go for high agility or high powerstrike, a combo of both would leave your enemies guessing what type of monk they are fighting since you all look the same.

The military fork is suprisingly effective with 6+ power strike, and has decent base speed. Try fitting that into a build. It's cheap too!

Also, use the new chinese horses and armor sets for long hafted blade cavalry groups. I don't have a suggested build since I've never done it. But few players expect to fight against such a wacky build, let alone an entire group of them.

Also also, try all using spiked hafted maces or long mauls and just knocking down everyone. Or go all flamberges and some themed outfit.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:41:39 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:48 am »
+4
If it wasn't against clan rules for equipement... I believe weeaboo invasion would be fun :rolleyes:

You know... the new HRE:

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:03 am »
+1
Do a morningstar squad with unbreakable shields.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:20:34 am »
+3
Do a morningstar squad with unbreakable shields.
Morningstart needs 14 strength... no unbreakable shield for you :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:33:10 am »
+1
9/30 katana build us good fun.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King