Author Topic: [AoW] Art of War (NA)  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: [AoW] Art of War (NA)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 09:06:53 am »
+3
Up until this war started aow was selling troops to us for gold, which they had to stop to do their war.  They dont need troops from anyone.  And they still have several thousand less troops than ildist and amtes, not sure what you are complaining about considering they have won EVERY SINGLE battle so far this war despite having less expensive gear and having fewer troops - chaos giving idlist and mates roughly 5K troops just before aow was able to attack karindi but the attack was well known (for gear of course lol) didn't help, they were equalish troops before that.

P.S.  The only thing I think that may have given Ildist this idea is that reinhardt accidentally dumped his 600 troops into the wrong fief (yruma castle instead of karindi), it was 3-4 in the morning so its understandable and weebo gave AoW their own troops back to them.  Thats the only reason I think Ildist or you might have come up with this idea or just a guilty conscience thinking your enemies are doing what you did.  You just have to look at their fief and remaining armies and you know they are not getting help from anyone.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:18:26 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 09:12:28 am »
+1
Another thing Mala is that not only chaos declared war on us but you had the m8's attack first back when we were the teutons. Anyone with chaos in there name should be in the same faction, stop confusing everyone.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 09:21:42 am »
despite chaos giving idlist and mates roughly 5K

Woah, Holiday, they have been great fights, I'm not saying that they haven't been. Both sides are doing a great job, as it were, in the actual battles. I commented here initially because of Artyem's post to dispel the idea that Choas = the republic of mates. If you bought the reinforcements by gold or by previously agreed workload that's cool, legit man, otherwise getting reinforcements from FCC marked players (which I should say is still just a rumor I hert, I don't have any spycam pics to say whether it's anything more than that) is strange, indicative of some sort of alliance which should be duly marked as such (afaik FCC currently has no listed allies). Which I guess is the point I'm driving at. Are you guys allied in the same way that FIDLGB and Chaos are allied? We DO definitely/have definitely given stuff to them, and will do so in the future.

As for the above it was 3'000 troops Kesh, and I just mentioned that in a previous post, it wasn't a gift! They wound up paying around 75g a head with the Varapanpapanpanapagolous (lol) armor-sets we got in exchange, which is what we've sold troops for in the past (since there's only a few of us which care to use them at all, it made sense for them to be of some use to other people for a fee- working on using up the gold now).

@Holiday: If that's the case, what about the people in FCC with the Remnant tag? Or the Fallen tag? Tags are indicative of what cRPG clan someone is in, not what Strategus faction someone is in; chopas is becoming less Strategus oriented (like we were ever extremely actively, getting people to participate in Strat when they aren't interested is, as PARTYBOY put it, like herding cats) as a whole, especially given the metagame present in Strat. I know I'm pretty much done with it until some things are fixed and adjusted once we go out, and I've more and more hoping that's soon, gonna respec to a quint-proficiency build for regular play whenever the WM changes come out.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Holiday203

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of Wutang, Justice League
  • Game nicks: Batman_Holiday_AoW
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 09:51:45 am »
@Holiday: If that's the case, what about the people in FCC with the Remnant tag? Or the Fallen tag? Tags are indicative of what cRPG clan someone is in, not what Strategus faction someone is in; chopas is becoming less Strategus oriented (like we were ever extremely actively, getting people to participate in Strat when they aren't interested is, as PARTYBOY put it, like herding cats) as a whole, especially given the metagame present in Strat. I know I'm pretty much done with it until some things are fixed and adjusted once we go out, and I've more and more hoping that's soon, gonna respec to a quint-proficiency build for regular play whenever the WM changes come out.

Well I think that the fact they are under the same color and name, it's easy to identify them as one strat faction.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 10:20:42 am »
Well I think that the fact they are under the same color and name, it's easy to identify them as one strat faction.

Yes! Very true. I mean I can see where the confusion comes from, but I hope I've laid that to rest. Chaos isn't allied with the m8s in Strat in that we'll never straight up give those jerks anything.

I wasn't trying to get your goat, I'm always stoked to fight AoW's members on the fields and you guys are godly beast legends in Strat battles, I was just trying, and still am, to figure out what the lines are. Are AoW and FCC allied in the sense that they share resources with one another without the necessity of compensation as in the Chopas to FILDGB relationship? Or is it more like Chaos' relationship with the mates (or anyone else who's not FIDLGB) where those fucks gotta pay for our naked men?

If you two are allied then the circumstances of any transfer of anything doesn't come into question; if you're not then the meaning of a transfer is obfuscated and you can see why I would question what the deal is, since Knute's flowchart is outta date and I didn't know if the Teutonic-FCC white line remained with the change to Aow. Basically, I'm an idiot and should have just asked this to begin with, sorry D:
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 10:31:50 am »
Without a doubt if you have a Chaos tag and in another strat faction ( you are obvs working together ). It's such a coincidence Illdist and mates attacked us at the same time when Chaos did. It's impossible for a 7 man faction to have twice as many troops(plate armor) then us without the help of Chaos. Stop denying it on the forums to make you look good. And stop posting in our faction hall. I made a thread in the deplomacy section.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 05:11:03 pm »
+3
I will say these have been some of the more enjoyable battles in strategus lately.  Really close fights by very skilled players on both sides, with several battles coming down to the wire.  And no Mala, we are not allies in the sense we just give resources to AoW, But man, 75 gold per troop i practically giving them away, we were paying 150 gold per troop when we were buying.  I think we might be willing to sell a couple thousand troops though for 75 gold each - would help even the odds.

AoW guys, just come down to Reyvadin and dump 150k gold inside and we will do the same sweetheart deal Chaos did for ildist and mates and sell you 2,000 troops for it.  Thanks for letting us know Mala.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 05:17:03 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »
+1
words

Twas but a joke.

Anyway, I'm not even remotely involved in this war, so I don't see why my opinion matters (whether it's the above accusation or not), I just feel like AoW has done a fantastic job so far, regardless of M8's getting help or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:49 am »
Without a doubt if you have a Chaos tag and in another strat faction ( you are obvs working together ). It's such a coincidence Illdist and mates attacked us at the same time when Chaos did. It's impossible for a 7 man faction to have twice as many troops(plate armor) then us without the help of Chaos. Stop denying it on the forums to make you look good. And stop posting in our faction hall. I made a thread in the deplomacy section.

If you're thinking that it is impossible for a 7-man faction to have enough gold for ass-tons of plate armour, you should reconsider your position. I've been watching Ildist run 5k crates worth of goods back and forth with maximum distance bonus for the entire strat round. They have been part of strat since day 1, and they've been trading HARD since day 1. It's really fucking easy to make money in strat. My faction has like 3 dedicated traders and we have a constant surplus of like 2 million gold. When your traders make large-ass runs with maximum distance bonus, you can't help but ejaculate gold continuously.

Of course, I don't know for a fact that dem choas bads aren't shoving gold and troops at ildist or whatever. Just saying that it's ridiculously easy to make money when you do proper trade runs.

(shit I got lost on the forums and posted this in the wrong place lol im gay)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Chyv

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_DooM
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
+1
Man doesn't it really suck when a faction accuses you off getting outside help for all your hard work on Strat..... *Cough* *cough*

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »
Not at all, lol
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

Offline MrNevino1

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nevino
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2013, 12:10:13 am »
There are times I feel unloved...this is one of them  :|

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:25 am »
Nevino we love you, but we are all distracted by strat ATM.

Offline MrNevino1

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nevino
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2013, 01:23:02 am »
Nevino we love you, but we are all distracted by strat ATM.

I noticed  :|

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2013, 05:40:36 pm »