Author Topic: War of the Birds  (Read 9661 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: War of the Birds
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2013, 11:29:16 pm »
+4
This may have been a joke based on the whims of one of our members, but remember, we here at Chaos take our jokes to the next level.

Too early for me (some of us work) or I'd be sure to sign up
yeah kind of cheesy - attacking such a tiny faction at least give a heads up with a war declaration so he can put an army there and put up some minimal defense, also can attack anytime of the day, why not just do primetime?
I would come out of retirement and support you Partyboy but I will be at work. Fairly awful time to attack.

I will apologize for the timing on the battle, it wasn't planned out, for one thing, but it is actually a better time for some of our members and our allies' members than prime time tends to be. Remember all those early battles you saw some of us at? Yeeeeeah.

I would find it extremely comical if the whole community stood by partyboy and chaos got no Mercs.

Imagine it.....  1500 shiny troops lost because it was a 10 vs 50 fight

Wouldn't be the first time someone lost because of that. However, such a drastic loss of experience and fun would be no laughing matter. Thankfully not everyone in the community is riding on the tailfeathers of BIRD CLAN, that would be incredibly boring.

Also, a pacifist in this war game? The irony is that the self-proclaimed most-aggressive-faction are also his self-proclaimed vassals and will do anything they can to help him cock up the game. Oh well, this isn't a war of ideology.

Like I said in a previous post, you are playing the game of spergs and Canary is one of the largest ones in the game. At least you still got your fief in the Tundra.

I sold him that fief, heh.

Sometimes it's most fun being the bad guy.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:37:23 pm by Canary »

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2013, 11:34:09 pm »
+3
Can we start fighting our real targets yet?

(cue wild speculation and drama)
boop

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »
+4

I sold him that fief, heh.

Sometimes it's most fun being the bad guy.

That is just about the most awful thing ever.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2013, 11:51:03 pm »
+8
You know, I think we should all take a lesson from Partyboy.  He demonstrates how this game can be played without going to war with everyone else on the map.  People love to throw the "YOU CAN'T HAVE PEACE, THIS IS A WAR GAME!" line around, but Strategus would be 1000x better if there were more things to do with fiefs, more ways to participate, more things to do in general aside from declaring war and worrying about S&D.

I want the ability to play an effective Nomad, but it's difficult when the only way to get gold and gear is by going into fiefs, and 90% of the map is hostile to everyone but themselves and their friends.  MORE PLAY STYLES PLZ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »
+6
But this isn't a war game, it's a game where you have the ability to make war on others.  That just happens to be the first thing people want to do.  I am not sorry for trying to find my own way in the world without the use of violence.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2013, 12:13:20 am »
+5
You know, I think we should all take a lesson from Partyboy.  He demonstrates how this game can be played without going to war with everyone else on the map.  People love to throw the "YOU CAN'T HAVE PEACE, THIS IS A WAR GAME!" line around, but Strategus would be 1000x better if there were more things to do with fiefs, more ways to participate, more things to do in general aside from declaring war and worrying about S&D.

I want the ability to play an effective Nomad, but it's difficult when the only way to get gold and gear is by going into fiefs, and 90% of the map is hostile to everyone but themselves and their friends.  MORE PLAY STYLES PLZ

The best part of Warband SP was hosting feasts and having tournaments.  Gotta make sure you have enough Ale and Grapes.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2013, 01:09:20 am »
+6
Screw you Cannery you birdnerd, you know nothing of our factions! Also this is not a "LET'S PLAY ARMY MEN AND GO EAT CHEESE BURGERS AND DRIVE OUR TRUCKS HOME" game, this is a strategical roleplaying game. Do you see the difference? It's right in the name of the overall mod: classic ROLEPLAYING GAME (cRPG). People who take other routes to making the game enjoyable instead of just fighting are really enriching the experience. It's a shame there just aren't more ways for them to roleplay because Strategus is seriously just a bare bones game when you get down to it. It's like in Mount and Blade, a lot of fun was not just from the military campaigns and fief management but also from roleplay, tournaments, marriages, politics, quests, etc.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:11 am »
+13
Screw you Cannery you birdnerd, you know nothing of our factions! Also this is not a "LET'S PLAY ARMY MEN AND GO EAT CHEESE BURGERS AND DRIVE OUR TRUCKS HOME" game, this is a strategical roleplaying game. Do you see the difference? It's right in the name of the overall mod: classic ROLEPLAYING GAME (cRPG). People who take other routes to making the game enjoyable instead of just fighting are really enriching the experience. It's a shame there just aren't more ways for them to roleplay because Strategus is seriously just a bare bones game when you get down to it. It's like in Mount and Blade, a lot of fun was not just from the military campaigns and fief management but also from roleplay, tournaments, marriages, politics, quests, etc.

Okay.

I am now roleplaying a capricious and bloodthirsty warlord.

The tyrant of the plains does not abide by this weakness.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2013, 01:57:25 am »
+3
Okay.

I am now roleplaying a capricious and bloodthirsty warbird.

The tyrant of the plains does not abide by this weakness.

Keep going on with the bird theme rp (゜v゜)  might as well

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2013, 02:07:31 am »
+10
Cheep chirp peep caw caw hoot cluck (゜v゜)  quack squawk warble
boop

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:48 am »
+2

+1 Cause I made your signature collage.

McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2013, 06:43:56 am »
+1
So... when's the next attack?

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2013, 08:55:08 am »
+4
I'm pretty busy irl this weekend so prob sunday unless one of my vassals wants to attack it first to weaken the defenses.  I mean, they are sitting on over 20k troops in all their fiefs, a mere quickmarch away, so I'm not holding out much hope for me considering how they grind 30x more troops per hour than I do.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 02:17:44 pm »
+3
Chaos finally attacks something, and its a one man faction, lmao.

Though its obviously to force FCC to attack Chaos's massively defended fiefs out of strategic laziness.  But you guys are doing it wrong

http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-issues/shitposting-bombs-by-fcc-after-every-strategus-move/msg662962/#msg662962

For some inspiration. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »
+4
So... when's the next attack?

i wouldn't expect one - TAMDA is a whopping 1/4th their size so its a little more intimidating, they wont mess with slezkh (though he did buy that one like amere from chaos - know now who never to trust in strat deals to keep their word).

Also, begone foul spirit back to the crypts of the powerless and worthless on strat! begone smoothrich!  Or go waste another semenstorm army in a poorly planned attack if you feel like it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:51:23 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo