Author Topic: Masens, native armor with new textures.  (Read 747 times)

Offline Masen

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Noh, Shtoopit!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • IRC nick: Masen
Masens, native armor with new textures.
« on: March 30, 2013, 02:24:32 pm »
Not sure where else to put this, I've always liked the arabic style. So that is what i changed the textures of first.
If people would like to have armor, but with different colors depending on their style, I can think of recoloring them. (Warning I am a newbie at texturing and modelling)

If people would like to have varieties, like the Khergit Lamellar Vest, Vaegir Lamellar Vest, Black Lamellar Vest.

I will create a black version for the Cuir Boulli, and a darker version for Sarranid Leather Armor, with a red band instead of yellow.

From on there, I can think of recoloring other items, that people might suggest.

Please reply, if you are with the idea of items with different colors/textures.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:53:17 pm by Masen »
The world is my arena. The Strongest survives, and the strongest uses all benefits.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Masens, native armor with new textures.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »
Take a picture ingame, check out in what folder it is, visit http://imgur.com/ , select computer, the folder, open, start upload and copy the BBCode (that is in [*img]link[*/img]). Best to put it in a spoiler as well.

Good idea of course, there are already some projects like this, for example of Korgoth: http://bundle of sticksh%27s-retextures/ .

edit: Forum seems not to allow the link to Korgoth's thread. So just search for it on forum search. :O
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:36:49 pm by Miwiw99 »
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Masen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Noh, Shtoopit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 02:33:44 pm »
Take a picture ingame, check out in what folder it is, visit http://imgur.com/ , select computer, the folder, open, start upload and copy the BBCode (that is in [*img]link[*/img]). Best to put it in a spoiler as well.

Good idea of course, there are already some projects like this, for example of Korgoth: http://bundle of sticksh%27s-retextures/ .

Thank you for your help, I am very thankfull :)
The world is my arena. The Strongest survives, and the strongest uses all benefits.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 02:52:18 pm »
it's very awesome !

I think someone should add a simple mod where you can choose your own color for EACH armor you own... would be so epic and the END of kuyak clone...!

So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:58:07 pm »
+1
it's very awesome !

I think someone should add a simple mod where you can choose your own color for EACH armor you own... would be so epic and the END of kuyak clone...!
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/colored-armors/ :?:

Offline Masen

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Noh, Shtoopit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:01:29 pm »
it's very awesome !

That sounds very complicated, isatis.

I mean it sounds very complicated in my ears. A mod were you can choose freely your colors, if I got the message right.

But what we can atleast do, me included. Is making the c-rpg armor shop a bit more colorful :)

Want to be a arabic soldier? Sure

Want to be a red cultist arabic bandit? Sure

Want to be a merc with cuir boilli? Sure

Want to be a soldier that serves the black legion with a black cuir boilli? Sure

What you suggested, would be one awesome attachment and I would support it with all cause.

But as far as I can see, this is the easiest and only way. :/

OPS, my fault. Seems like there is a mod that does exactly as you suggested. Anyway it changes color after your banner. Helmets aren't included I think and some perhaps want to have a different color on their apparel other than their clan color.

But since it seems like no one posts any replies on this thread, etc and that no one really wants variations in armors etc.

I think that I don't need to do anything at all and just continue with my singleplayer modification.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:34:57 pm by Masen »