Author Topic: Make the knobbed mace and spiked club 0 slot  (Read 211 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Make the knobbed mace and spiked club 0 slot
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:22:51 am »
+3
The 0 slot weapons are nice for those who like extra length  :wink:, but the most effective 0 slot 1hs remain the hammer and the pickaxe because of lack of glancing and damage to armored opponents. Weapon stun is still devastating and all this "buff" did was give archers a new way to kill each other and other lightly armored opponents (too few).
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: Make the knobbed mace and spiked club 0 slot
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:49:01 am »
I think the bash/knockdown 1h weapons are not 0 slot because of their advantages over 1h swords. Cut is weaker than bash, and 1h stabs are not so great even on thrust-focused swords. With low wpf/ps  a blunt weapon will do loads more damage than a cut weapon, especially against heavier armors.

Even if your strength is low and your % chance of knockdown is tiny, it is much better than glancing constanstly with a cut weapon.

With 0 ps and 1 wpf in melee, I glance all the time with cut weapons. With a pierce or blunt weapon I can get kills that surprise both me and my enemy.

I'd like to see the light spiked club and spiked club go 0 slot, with higher upkeep. Since they are pierce they can't knockdown, and both are much weaker than the 1h pick weapons. They are about as strong as many of the 1h swords that recently got changed to 0 slots.

I have rarely seen any hammers or pick axes on NA servers. As a backup people back the new 0 slots or a rondel dagger in most cases.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Make the knobbed mace and spiked club 0 slot
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 09:20:25 am »
Nope. I use a 2 slot shield, a 2 slot pole and a broad short sword. If you let me used the spiked or knobbed mace, it would be ridiculous. The idea of no maces being 0 slot, is so ranged can't have anti-plate long range aswell as CQC if they want ammo or shield etc