Author Topic: Can we get a rollback before to much time passes on?  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Can we get a rollback before to much time passes on?
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
+3
With all the bugs lately with strat, many factions have lost a good chunk of their resources, meaning troops, gold, gear, TIME, etc.

Seems the defenders are glitching out and not able to spawn with their gear, loosing battles this way hurts for many reason, moral included, but also promotes the mentality to use this to the attackers advantage and have armies attack villages, castles and even cities knowing they can attack with out the defenders able to put up a fight.

We have seen many faction lose out because of this, and worst of all we are getting crap xp out of it.

Can any dev comment on if this is being worked on, would there be a rollback, or freeze until the bugs are addressed? I know rollbacks suck (Would be fine if they initiated it as soon as they knew there was a problem) but at this point why would we bother to recruite troops and pay millions to gear up only to be attacked by a small force and lose everything because we are forced to fight back naked?

I tip my hat to those who gave back all, or some of the items/troops captured from the defenders, But the sad truth is defenders are still taking a huge loss, no one is gaining good xp, this is encouraging others to go all out and attack as many castles/villages as possible to gain as much as they can until this is fixed, as nothing seems to be done, nor is it acknowledged by any appropriate member that can address this issue.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: Can we get a rollback before to much time passes on?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:49:37 am »
+1
The one problem I have with a roll back is that there have been events in between the glitches when odds were completely fair where I feel that factions haven't been taking seriously for example my battle versus Huseby recently. I know nothing of what was going on with your side so I'm not going to act like I know the reality of what was going on with y'all but you guys were down by nearly 10 players and the impression I have been getting recently from your actions in battles and in Strategus movements is that you guys aren't trying as hard as you could be. It would be unfair to reward that behavior with a roll back.

Stuff like the fief losses and huge troop losses in bugged battles definitely need to be ameliorated, but we cannot condone reckless behavior that presumes and relies on a rollback (assuming this is at all the case).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:35:01 am by Daruvian »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 08:06:58 am »
+1
Strat reset? After all the known bugs have been fixed...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:15:56 am »
+4
With all the bugs lately with strat, many factions have lost a good chunk of their resources, meaning troops, gold, gear, TIME, etc.

Seems the defenders are glitching out and not able to spawn with their gear, loosing battles this way hurts for many reason, moral included, but also promotes the mentality to use this to the attackers advantage and have armies attack villages, castles and even cities knowing they can attack with out the defenders able to put up a fight.

We have seen many faction lose out because of this, and worst of all we are getting crap xp out of it.

Can any dev comment on if this is being worked on, would there be a rollback, or freeze until the bugs are addressed? I know rollbacks suck (Would be fine if they initiated it as soon as they knew there was a problem) but at this point why would we bother to recruite troops and pay millions to gear up only to be attacked by a small force and lose everything because we are forced to fight back naked?

I tip my hat to those who gave back all, or some of the items/troops captured from the defenders, But the sad truth is defenders are still taking a huge loss, no one is gaining good xp, this is encouraging others to go all out and attack as many castles/villages as possible to gain as much as they can until this is fixed, as nothing seems to be done, nor is it acknowledged by any appropriate member that can address this issue.
Its a BETA deal with that! XNXNXNXNXNXN

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 09:48:18 am »
i know of about four battles that bugged out hard... has everything been working since?

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 11:03:43 pm »
The one problem I have with a roll back is that there have been events in between the glitches when odds were completely fair where I feel that factions haven't been taking seriously for example my battle versus Huseby recently. I know nothing of what was going on with your side so I'm not going to act like I know the reality of what was going on with y'all but you guys were down by nearly 10 players and the impression I have been getting recently from your actions in battles and in Strategus movements is that you guys aren't trying as hard as you could be. It would be unfair to reward that behavior with a roll back.

Stuff like the fief losses and huge troop losses in bugged battles definitely need to be ameliorated, but we cannot condone reckless behavior that presumes and relies on a rollback (assuming this is at all the case).

Us loosing thousands of troops and gear due to no armor spawning from a bug is us being reckless? We have made some moves in strat knowing it would not turn out well, but did so for the fun of fighting. We did not count on loosing as much as we did from huge errors in the game code (Bugs)

So your saying if we attack other armies that are better geared, and we lose, its our fault from any further loses regardless of bugs causing mass depletion of troops/gear?

We accept the loses we took, I just think when a faction looses that much from a glitch that diminish's any hope of winning by 99.9% when they should have had a fair playing ground, something should be done, or at least the problem looked into and fixed. I am not just talking about us (Hospitaller) We all know LCO lost a lot and I'm sure there were many more. even the duped gear, I think any time something like that happens the devs should be on top of it, rather than just saying "Oh well, shit happens". All this does is turns any action into russian roulette, rather than engaging in a strategy platform.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:09 pm »
+2
Everything seems to be working. The last few fights have had no bugs at all; although there has been no word on the forums from the developers who are busy doing motion-capture at the moment.

I can assure you that any suspicion of attacks made because of this bug is misplaced. If you don't believe me, think about this. Say we sent a large army to one of your cities and took it back because it was determined that defenders were consistently more bugged. What the fuck would stop you from taking it IMMEDIATELY BACK because we would be the new defenders of that city? It's strategically unsound.

Your strategus enemies are very well organized, Aztek. We meet frequently and for extended periods of time. I promise you that not once did we decide to attack because the defenders would be presumably glitched out.

As far as I can tell, many of your problems stem from not treating your mercenaries with respect. I can't make concrete statements since I've not merc'd for you guys in ages (and when I did the experience was a positive one), but from what people have said to me, you should consider making your faction more appealing to fight for.

Us loosing thousands of troops and gear due to no armor spawning from a bug is us being reckless? We have made some moves in strat knowing it would not turn out well, but did so for the fun of fighting. We did not count on loosing as much as we did from huge errors in the game code (Bugs)

So your saying if we attack other armies that are better geared, and we lose, its our fault from any further loses regardless of bugs causing mass depletion of troops/gear?

We accept the loses we took, I just think when a faction looses that much from a glitch that diminish's any hope of winning by 99.9% when they should have had a fair playing ground, something should be done, or at least the problem looked into and fixed. I am not just talking about us (Hospitaller) We all know LCO lost a lot and I'm sure there were many more. even the duped gear, I think any time something like that happens the devs should be on top of it, rather than just saying "Oh well, shit happens". All this does is turns any action into russian roulette, rather than engaging in a strategy platform.

You misunderstood him greatly. He was NOT speaking of FCC's attack on Tash that was beyond fucked up. If it were my faction, I'd give back every troop and every piece of gear. That's just me.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=2991

The above battle is what he was referring to.

In addition; I would advice that you refrain from assuming or putting any faith in the developers rolling back strategus or replacing gear. They have bigger things on their plate at the moment, and in the past when they (at least publicly) did not, never rolled strategus back or replaced anything.

What Daruvian was attempting to convey is that he feels that you did not take that specific fight (posted above) seriously because you expected it to be bugged, and perhaps were relying on a strategus rollback. That's all.

Furthermore, I personally feel that you are expecting too much from a smallish developer team that created a SECONDARY mode to an already free mod. A mode that hadn't been done by any other modding crew, and still hasn't really been done. To say that the devs should be on top of strategus bugs at all times is bordering on disrespectful, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:13:52 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 12:28:23 am »

Your strategus enemies are very well organized, Aztek. We meet frequently and for extended periods of time. I promise you that not once did we decide to attack because the defenders would be presumably glitched out.
As far as I can tell, many of your problems stem from not treating your mercenaries with respect. I can't make concrete statements since I've not merc'd for you guys in ages (and when I did the experience was a positive one), but from what people have said to me, you should consider making your faction more appealing to fight for.
these two statements have nothing to do with the bugs which appeared in the last days.

The last statement also is quite a bomb you drop there, i had been on both sides and in the last TkoV battles i had been in, i got something along the lines of "WTF is this Wolf doing ... hey go back to EU ... are you dump dude ..." so this were reasons lately for me not to take part anymore in TkoV battles .. so much for treating mercs correctly, i for myself don't need such crap. I didn't get this in FCC battles on the other hand nor LOC or Hosp Battles. It may have been exceptions but i am not very keen on putting it up to a test after experiencing it several times. My members are still free to choose any side on NA battles with also the rule to look up if on the other side would already be a Wolf and apply then for the opposite faction.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 12:42:55 am »
+1
these two statements have nothing to do with the bugs which appeared in the last days.

The last statement also is quite a bomb you drop there, i had been on both sides and in the last TkoV battles i had been in, i got something along the lines of "WTF is this Wolf doing ... hey go back to EU ... are you dump dude ..." so this were reasons lately for me not to take part anymore in TkoV battles .. so much for treating mercs correctly, i for myself don't need such crap. I didn't get this in FCC battles on the other hand nor LOC or Hosp Battles. It may have been exceptions but i am not very keen on putting it up to a test after experiencing it several times. My members are still free to choose any side on NA battles with also the rule to look up if on the other side would already be a Wolf and apply then for the opposite faction.

I only make those statements based upon what people have told me when I talk to them. Yes, it's quite a bomb. I also do agree with you; Velucan Empire battles are very suspect in terms of respecting mercenaries. They are often insulted and treated badly. This is due to, in large part, VE being the biggest faction in strategus. It's very hard to determine if an insult or other slight was given by a faceless foot soldier or a person in a position of power.

For example, in a recent VE battle, Snoop (very good player, has played longer than I) said something about getting tk'd. Of course that's not the ideal thing to do, but it happens. Someone from VE (whose voice I did not recognize, and I merc for VE a LOT) said something like "cry more you little bitch" or something. VE lost some good mercs through that event; probably due to a jackass new recruit.

The first statement DID have something to do with the bugs, though. Aztek voiced his opinion that these bugs would cause people to attack mercilessly. I've heard recently that FCC/Fim's recent attacks were spurred on due to the string of bugs when that was not the case at all.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 01:01:18 am »
well i normally don't give a shit to general trolling in ts, but if i am directly addressed and then by no apparent reason get attacked verbally ... repeatedly, then i take my consequenses out of that.

The first statement DID have something to do with the bugs, though. Aztek voiced his opinion that these bugs would cause people to attack mercilessly. I've heard recently that FCC/Fim's recent attacks were spurred on due to the string of bugs when that was not the case at all.
I wouldn't say the reason for the planning was due to the bugs nor intended later on, but with those bugs not resolved everyone should just not attack till those matters are solved, it gets a fishy taste otherwise.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 01:10:08 am »
+3
All the Fimbulvetr attacks have were either initiated before the bugs were discovered OR were already in route and we are not going to change our plans because of the bugs. The recent battles have been fine, no problems at all.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 01:45:34 am »
I don't really know about sieges,  but last weekend I was a part of two fairly large naked field battles between SS and the European Crusader faction. I've also attended 2 or 3 none bugged field battles (aside from the super gay lvl 0 thing)  in the same weekend. To say that everything is working fine right now is an overstatement,but certainly not every battle is worth
 rolling back.

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 01:50:31 am »
Guess this is all pointless so I wont say much more, I'm a little shocked about saying I'm being disrespectful for hoping the devs would be looking into game breaking bugs!? This is a beta and I accept that, there will be bugs and we should all expect to lose everything at any given point, But I also enjoy this community and would hate to see a mass exodus because of large issue's not being addressed and thus why I think its important for others to point out such issue's.

I also don't understand the accusation on us being "dicks" and that is why our merc support is bad, we have always had merc issue's, half from angry players bitching about mid tear gear compared to those we fight, and the other half from the standard squabbles. But merc support was not my issue, it was merely to ask if the devs were looking into this, it seems things have worked out as most battles seem fine now, which is great, But if it continued down the path of no defenders spawning with proper gear then the devs should be looking into that. Also the point of re-attacking a city if it was taken is silly, You attack a city with 2k troops vs 6k defending, the defenders lose all 6k troops due to a bug and some think it's ok because those who just lost said city can re-attack? Its the fact that they lost all those troops (time) that would be the issue.

But again, moot point. I never meant to insinuate anyone was attacking us because they knew they would have easy fights, it was simply to hope the devs would look into these issue's if they would have continued.

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 02:34:14 am »
+1
well i normally don't give a shit to general trolling in ts, but if i am directly addressed and then by no apparent reason get attacked verbally ... repeatedly, then i take my consequenses out of that.
I wouldn't say the reason for the planning was due to the bugs nor intended later on, but with those bugs not resolved everyone should just not attack till those matters are solved, it gets a fishy taste otherwise.
Hmm, it`s unfortunate to hear poor treatment from my clan-mates; it`s also unfortunate that i`m fairly sure whom the culprits were if you had any association with the ongoing engineering. Normally i`d be around to assist and deter any complications or conflict but unfortunately I`m unable to do much with my current status. I`ve worked with you before so I know the issue wasn't caused by lack of competence. I`ll look into it.

Out for 2weeks so far, these next 2 & a half will hopefully go by quickly so i can return to the Empire and friends. Participating vicariously through the forums isn't cutting it... I miss my catapults.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 02:45:52 am by Jaren »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 03:17:03 am »
+1
words

Sandersson didn't mean to offend you or your clan, it's just that we've had several people complain about the condition of Hospitaller's teamspeak during battles.  More than one person have come and signed up for us because your teamspeak is reportedly "too loud" or "rage filled".

No shit talking from us, we're just going off of what our mercs tell us.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus