Author Topic: One-handed knockdowners vs. Polearm knockdowners  (Read 408 times)

Offline LA_DiamonD

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Wormhole
One-handed knockdowners vs. Polearm knockdowners
« on: March 23, 2013, 07:47:06 pm »
+4
Hey everyone. As the first thing, that i want to say - is to bring sorries for my "brocken english". I want to ask how can all of you imagine this:

One-handed Warhammer (or almost ANY other blunt one-handed weapon) have damage 31 blunt (weight 2.5), in the same time, as Polearm (look: two-handed, for example Long hafted knobbed mace) have damage 29 blunt and weight 2.8.

Dear developers, take into one hand 2.5 kg hammer and knock use it on the wall. Then take 2.8 kg club into two hands and make a same. Are you still sure, that your one-handed hammer made more destrucive (and with the greater speed (97) vs. two-handed polearm with less weight (in calculating for a each hand (1,4 kg), and total weight 2.8, speed 93)? And the damage of polearm less as well as speed, than one-handed hammer. So your one-handed attack is faster, than two-handed-optimized weapon? Or, may be damage of your one-handed attack is greater? What the hell is going on ?

May be your one-handed character have right hand more, that twice stronger, than left hand? In this way, may be have to make additional skills for left hand and right hand, that improve current hand strenght, to explain current balance?

Items was taken as examples. All one-handed blunt weapons vs. two-handed blunt, as good as polearms clear ultimate-weapons, IMHO

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: One-handed knockdowners vs. Polearm knockdowners
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »
+8
May be your one-handed character have right hand more, that twice stronger, than left hand?
I have an explanation for this.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: One-handed knockdowners vs. Polearm knockdowners
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:57:55 pm »
I have an explanation for this.

Intense games of tennis between sieges?