Author Topic: Switched builds and items for 1 day  (Read 635 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Switched builds and items for 1 day
« on: March 20, 2013, 02:45:19 pm »
I believe I have a good idea, so there it goes:

Only for 1 day, make people to switch builds and items randomly between players. Your build should get switched to someone same as your generation (if you are 1st gen, then someone with the same level).

For example, I'm gen 8. I'm a cavalry player so I have cavalry equipment and a cavalry build.
Jtobiasm is an archer, and lets assume he is gen 8 too. He probably have archery looms and ofc a build of an archer.

Since we are at the same gen, our builds will get switched. I will play with his character for 1 day (as an archer), and he will with my character (as a cavalry). After that specific day ends, everything will return back to normal and the gold/xp we earned will be transferred to our character. Actually this character switching can be done 2-3 times if possible as it will lower the chances for a player to get switched with a same class.

Why I came up with such a crazy idea? Well, archers are complaining about infantry not cooperating with them. And they are 100% right! But after we think it carefully, does an infantry player know how an archer is being played? Some of them surely do, but some of them have forgotten the ways of archery from native. Even worse, they might not have even a simplest of clue how the events happen to look like from the point of a cRPG archer. So how can we expect them to cooperate with something they have no idea of.

I also believe this will limit the amount of whining (nerf, OP, buff, QQ... you know what I mean), because everyone will be able to see how things work from the point of view from the others.

You might say:
-there is STF for that
Then I say:
-yes, but that is an option. Actually forcing people will make a better impact on everyone.
If you answer with:
-Fuck off yu nub. I wanna smashing skullz with my maze! Shit idea!
Then I answer with:
-I will take that mace and fuck your arse with it until some blood comes and you beg me to call your mama.

Just my two cents. And I hope I don't get a warning for that last part lol.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: Switched builds and items for 1 day
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 05:16:42 pm »
+1
I just pretend archers don't exist. When I get hit by an arrow, I pretend it's a meteorite.

I don't know why anyone would play an archer in this game, since the archery mechanics are the same as pretty much any action RPG ever made. It's M&B's melee and cavalry mechanics that are unique to the franchise.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »
+2
I don't like the forcing part of it. If I want to play my 2h char a bit before going to bed, and be forced to use a crossbow instead, I won't be happy.

Use the carrot instead, give something like 5x gold gain for using a randomly assigned alternate character during this theme day.

Nobody will be pissed off at you and new players who care about money (or at least those that don't have huge stockpiles of it) will see more aspects of cRPG.

Offline Silfarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 23
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: I am the everyjudas!
  • IRC nick: Judas_cRPGSilfarion
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 07:30:30 pm »
+1
I don't know why anyone would play an archer in this game

Well, archers are unbelievably useful in DTV....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 07:34:17 pm »
Well, archers are unbelievably useful in DTV....

I also don't understand why anyone would play DTV. If you want to fight/shoot endless waves of npcs, single player warband has much more depth and variety in that respect. I understand the appeal of a cooperative game mode, it's just that cRPG DTV is about the least interesting co-op game ever made.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »
+1
I don't like the forcing part of it. If I want to play my 2h char a bit before going to bed, and be forced to use a crossbow instead, I won't be happy.

Use the carrot instead, give something like 5x gold gain for using a randomly assigned alternate character during this theme day.

Nobody will be pissed off at you and new players who care about money (or at least those that don't have huge stockpiles of it) will see more aspects of cRPG.
Actually I was a bit unsure if forcing would provoke any rage. This seems very very reasonable, with limited limited use of course.

I like how problems can be easily solved with giving people more xp. Same applies for strategus battles too. Am I happy with this? Hell yes!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 11:39:51 pm »
Seems like a lot of effort

Also, most cRPG players have alts so they play mutiple classes anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 01:07:25 am »
+2
Do not force things over players, especially about basic aspects of the game such as making your own character. Giving rewards for doing it is essentially the same as taking back the same amount if you don't do it, so it is bad too imo.

It can be cool, but if I can't play what class I want whenever I want I may as well do something else than playing cRPG.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:16:28 am »
+1
Maybe a themed armour day would ork, a day say a sunday once a month where the servers have, like in native, certain sets for certain themes, one month saracen vs templar oth month saxons vs vikings and so on.
I don't like the build idea
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™