Author Topic: Anti-horseman simulator  (Read 6499 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Anti-horseman simulator
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 06:19:47 am »
+4
Wait, what? How have you come to this conclusion? Archery is different on a very fundamental level from when I first began playing this mod. Draw speed (this was a huge one, changing the animation entirely added a full 1 and a half seconds to firing an arrow), damage (it's been worse, but it's been better), arrow weight (New archer builds will have to be based around the idea that you don't need athletics, because it's useless with the added weight), arrow speed have all been nerfed and will probably never again reach what it started at.

Lets see, lance angle nerf was the big one, riding requirement changes, horse stat nerfs, bump nerfs, lance nerfs and there's some others I've definitely forgotten. That's not even taking into account the nerfs that targeted HA which were big. The lance angle change completely changed the way cavalry worked. I'd say cavalry is also very different to when I started playing pre-upkeep patch ect. Both archery and cavalry have suffered heavily in the name of 'balance'.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:58:55 am by Overdriven »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 06:40:18 am »
Lets see, lance angle nerf was the big one, riding requirement changes, horse stat nerfs, bump nerfs, lance nerfs and there's some others I've definitely forgotten. That's not even taking into account the nerfs that targeted HA which were big. The lance angle change completely changed the way cavalry worked. I'd say cavalry is also very different to when I started playing pre-upkeep patch ect. Both archery and cavalry have suffered heavily in the name of 'balance'.

Yeah, I hate being right.

Infantry plan to rule the mod:

1: Nerf archers to dust so that people quit playing them - Check!
2: Nerf throwers to dust so people quit playing them - In Progress!
3: Nerf xbows to dust so people quit playing them - Coming Soon! Edit: Updated to In Progress! http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/please-help-44544/
4: Nerf Cavalry to dust so people quit playing them - In Planning stages!Edit: Updated to In Progress!

Of course what "someone" fails to take into account is that there were attempts at melee only servers. They all failed.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »
+1
Stakes are now 2 slots. Only melee can carry them now.

thats so gay.  they should be an archer perk -.-  making them 1 slot but waaaaaay smaller so you need 2-4 archers to make a wall would be a better way to go imo
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2013, 04:18:46 pm »
+1
Gotta say, as an owner of a Champion Eastern Horse that can get stopped by a poor bump on a single high armored guy, I love this charge change. Why? Because you have to actually pay attention to your horse's speed and where you're riding so that your horse doesn't get stopped by running over too many players. "Make cav require and reward skill". I feel like this definitely separates skilled riders from unskilled ones.

Don't take this the wrong way though, I don't think horses are perfect yet. Still, I like where they are now, more than at any previous point in crpg history.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:41 pm »
Stakes dont affect me at all at this point, but I cant help but notice that my mw courser mw heavylance stabs do a fucking pathetic amount of damage now.  46 points and 3 kills?  I'm not an archer, I have to be within feet of an enemy to hit them AND my horse hitbox is fucking enormous.

Seriously about to spec my whole crew HX and just troll for valor every single round.

Heavy Lances suck ass nowadays, even on MW champ coursers, and even having a MW Heavy Lance.  They're really only good for one thing, taking out other cavalry riding at you (so their speed + yours is the only way to kill someone)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 12:53:43 am »
As part of my experiment to see if lancer cavalry is UP or OP, today I played some lancer cavalry. I used a heavy lance, poked someone in the face at full speed on a +3 destrier (not a couch), and they did not die. It was a direct hit to the face. With a lance. At full speed on a horse. This man lived. The shit is that?

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 09:06:45 pm »
As part of my experiment to see if lancer cavalry is UP or OP, today I played some lancer cavalry. I used a heavy lance, poked someone in the face at full speed on a +3 destrier (not a couch), and they did not die. It was a direct hit to the face. With a lance. At full speed on a horse. This man lived. The shit is that?

welcome to lance cavalry, heavily heavily nerfed.  i don't expect to kill a naked player with a full speed stab at this point.

do expect to have your horse one-shotted from momentum but don't expect it to help your damage.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 03:16:29 pm »
so what I hit people all the time with +3 jarids into head they don't die (neither do armored horses charging you btw). High PD archers headshot people with bodkins they survive.

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2013, 08:29:02 am »
i just GTX after couching an unarmored player and they didn't die.

if anyone goes heavy lance at this point they are fucking stupid.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:15 am »
+1
i just GTX after couching an unarmored player and they didn't die.

if anyone goes heavy lance at this point they are fucking stupid.

Like others said, Heavy Lance is only really good at one thing now, and that's dogfights, outranging other lancers head-on. Lance or Great Lance are the obvious go to choices for tackling infantry.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline DUKE DICKBUTT

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2013, 10:41:58 am »
Make stakes an item that comes out of a construction site.  It is the only way to make it fair.  I mean, in order to put a spikes into the ground, you would have to dig holes and put the presumably already sharpened logs into the ground, then bury them.  This labor and set up time needs to be represented with a construction site and materials.  At the very least, they need to be thrown on the ground as a loose pike, and then hold F for 5-10 seconds to erect them.

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2013, 12:26:09 pm »
Heavy Lance is still the best one.
The only time the other ones are better is when you get a free hit on someone unaware, and if you want to base your build on that then why not just use a morningstar or something?

Cavalry still needs pretty severe nerfs anyways, until the impact of a cavalry player is the same level as infantry it should keep being nerfed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:29:17 pm by BADPLAYER »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2013, 01:16:49 pm »
Heavy Lance is still the best one.
The only time the other ones are better is when you get a free hit on someone unaware, and if you want to base your build on that then why not just use a morningstar or something?

Cavalry still needs pretty severe nerfs anyways, until the impact of a cavalry player is the same level as infantry it should keep being nerfed.
Cavalry should be nerfed to the spot where they can't ride horses and archers to the point where they can't shoot. This will save crpg.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »
Heavy Lance is only the "best lance" when going up against other cavalry, and even then, my lance still has a good chance of hitting if I time it right.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2013, 07:46:49 pm »
+2
Stakes Y U NO USABLE ON HORSEBACK!? I would totally make a James Bond move and throw stakes at 1h cav that is chasing me :D.

There is no sight in my third eye