Author Topic: There goes another one  (Read 3642 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Re: There goes another one
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 09:55:36 am »
If you stay I will declare you NA's #1 modder 2013.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14:47 am »
+3
Is it only me who doesn't understand why some people can't play the fucking game without turning it into something different? Ok nevermind, I just never liked to replace something in the original games.
But seriously, what's the problem? With all respect to what you've done for other players, I don't get why you have to leave just because you're forced to play with original textures. Well if you really can't stand it, good bye then and good luck to you, it's a pity you leave.

PS: and I'm quite agree with cmp on that point...
There's worse, like people who threaten to leave the mod if something is/isn't done. Is that supposed to be some kind of blackmail or what? Either way it's really lame.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:22:28 am by Macropus »

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 10:35:58 am »
+1
Probably good for me in the long run. For all I know these are some of the last months of my life, and I really don't need to spend them grinding my lvl 17 character up to the point where I can begin to contend.
Just noticed this. Lol dude, you know what human is? Human is some tough-son-of-a-bitch creature which can overcome many many many things. I don't know what problem you have IRL but thinking like "I'm gonna die, fuck this, I better play some video games" is the most reliable way to not a good end. Just believe in yourself and never give up, you're a human ffs. I wish you luck though I don't care much about it - it's your job. Get well.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 11:00:30 am »
damn bro, sad day :(

good luck further =\
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 11:21:21 am »
+1
Is it only me who doesn't understand why some people can't play the fucking game without turning it into something different? Ok nevermind, I just never liked to replace something in the original games.
But seriously, what's the problem? With all respect to what you've done for other players, I don't get why you have to leave just because you're forced to play with original textures. Well if you really can't stand it, good bye then and good luck to you, it's a pity you leave.

Man, sorry to stir your ire here... but, if you don't understand why "people can't play the fucking game without turning it into something different", why are you playing a mod? Also, have you ever posted a suggestion? If so, why can't you just play the fucking game without trying to turn it into something different?

And really, I'm not leaving because I'm forced to play with original textures. I'm leaving (or, have left) because a developer directly expressed his utter lack of respect for me, one of his players, and my needs and opinions. He basically told me to go, so I did. No hard feelings. I would just rather put my time into a community that's aware of and nurturing of its invested and well-meaning members.

And finally:

Just noticed this. Lol dude, you know what human is? Human is some tough-son-of-a-bitch creature which can overcome many many many things.

I have no idea what you've gone through in your life, but believe me man, the lesson you're trying to impart here is already well learned. I said I probably shouldn't be spending time playing videogames right now, not "I'm going to die, fuck this, I better play some video games" - that's actually the opposite. No idea where you got that. But if you're presuming some personal weakness on my part because of what I said... don't. I truly hope you've never dealt with the hardships I have, but chances are that either way, if you knew them and knew how I've faced them you would consider me a fine example of the "tough-son-of-a-bitch creature" that is a Human being.

Thank you all for considering what I've written. I challenge you to play with making your own stuff for Warband - seriously, it has a thriving modding community unlike any game out there, and the resources and support really do exist such that you can make it your own. You'll open up a whole new world for yourselves.

Enjoy the future!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 11:31:55 am »
Nooooo :cry:

Please don't leave. cmp deserves this, but we don't. And especially you don't.
How can I convince you to stay?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:00:45 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Macropus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 11:41:58 am »
Man, sorry to stir your ire here... but, if you don't understand why "people can't play the fucking game without turning it into something different", why are you playing a mod? Also, have you ever posted a suggestion? If so, why can't you just play the fucking game without trying to turn it into something different?
Don't get me wrong (even though I must have impressed myself wrong), I can play the original game (Native) and I like it, I also like c-rpg with is quite different game for me. Maybe I should have said "I don't understand why people replace some textures since other people won't see it anyway". I mean, you can look cool and original (for everyone, not for yourself only) by using the items everyone can see, isn't that even better? But I guess I'm trying to agrue about personal preferences here, which is quite stupid, sorry for that.
I have no idea what you've gone through in your life, but believe me man, the lesson you're trying to impart here is already well learned.
Maybe I don't have any rights to give advices about such a personal aspect of real life, maybe your experience is much bigger, anyway, what I mean is just - good luck to you.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
Some people just really take games too serious. You can leave forum but you can still play the game? If it must you can always change name in game and be the forever mysterious silent guy.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 11:48:41 am »
The problem is the attitude as commodore explained:
When you’re in a position of authority and one of those you’re stewarding expresses a concern, you have two options.

A)   discuss and possibly even address their concerns.
B)   tell them to fuck off.

Option B is clearly quicker, easier and more universally applicable. And perhaps his choosing option B is just one example of CMP’s terrific efficiency at work. But in this case, I think it speaks toward the very way the rule he was discussing will be implemented. If he had said “don’t worry, simple stuff like what you’ve been doing will get whitelisted,” that would be that. But he didn’t, did he?

If I make a toy, I’m not going to wait around for weeks to see if they decide to let me have it. Especially when the already-stated position is “fuck you and your toys”. I’ll just go to another mod where I can have my cake and eat it too (like, I don't know, singleplayer.). And that’s fine, guys.

This is not a GTX. What would you do if the developers would not care your enjoyment from the game and answer with that kind of attitude? I bet you wouldn't want to play a game where your enjoyment has been reduced. "Quit" is the correct here, but "rage" doesn't have to take place in this action. Not everyone is QQ'ing as you think. One can simply leave like a gentleman, to seek his interest somewhere.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 12:04:44 pm »
+1
I havent met you outside of the forum Commodore but you really seem like a nice guy. Im sorry to hear about your medical condition and that you are leaving. For me personally, modding the game is not of much interest but how do they say ? Tastes differ and its fine that way.

I can understand that devs, who are being asked 83272 questions ( also stupid ones ) every day become stressed and grumpy at some point and develop some kind of emotional shield by reacting sarcastic and offensive in the first place but it often seems they have unlearnt the ability to tell the difference between a well-intentioned question and a troll post.

If you really want to go after hearing the voices of all the people who like you and would miss you,
 Good bye, get well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 12:12:00 pm »
+4
So if I understand correctly, Jarlek's motto is about to come true ?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 01:22:46 pm »
I havent met you outside of the forum Commodore but you really seem like a nice guy. Im sorry to hear about your medical condition and that you are leaving. For me personally, modding the game is not of much interest but how do they say ? Tastes differ and its fine that way.

I can understand that devs, who are being asked 83272 questions ( also stupid ones ) every day become stressed and grumpy at some point and develop some kind of emotional shield by reacting sarcastic and offensive in the first place but it often seems they have unlearnt the ability to tell the difference between a well-intentioned question and a troll post.

If you really want to go after hearing the voices of all the people who like you and would miss you,
 Good bye, get well.

Agree with this which is why adding people who are actually good community managers is a good idea. Let cmp stick to writing kick arse code and have someone else communicate how good it is.
Turtles

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 01:49:46 pm »
Comodore, i must say you have some vital points in your reasoning about modding and you did some good things there , enritching the game experiance for some ppl. But on the other hand you turn it into a raging version of fame whoring, flaming against the devs and polarizing the community. Are you so desperately looking for "respect" from others, not able to be content with what you did for others yet, and making them happy ?  .... why the fuck you dont give it a try, to work with the community and the devs together? did the hardships in your life make you unable to see the other side of the coin ?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:58:45 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 02:39:52 pm »
+5
Comodore, i must say you have some vital points in your reasoning about modding and you did some good things there , enritching the game experiance for some ppl. But on the other hand you turn it into a raging version of fame whoring, flaming against the devs and polarizing the community. Are you so desperately looking for "respect" from others, not able to be content with what you did for others yet, and making them happy ?  .... why the fuck you dont give it a try, to work with the community and the devs together? did the hardships in your life make you unable to see the other side of the coin ?

First I was "raging", now I'm "fame whoring", "flaming" and "not trying". I'd like to think that my statements are nothing like that, and that they speak for themselves, but if that's really what you read then there's nothing I can do.

I'm not "desperately" looking for anything. If the community is polarized, it isn't because I polarized it. Anyway, it was only after I started making a point about these things that CMP and chadz began to actually explain their intentions in a reasonable way, such that they might address the concerns of people like myself:

I guess we could have somebody take care of that, yes. Have the game periodically update whitelists from a web page, so that no patch is needed and even minor mods can be added quickly.

Believe me, I would love to have heard something like that from him to begin with, avoiding this whole issue. Too late now though.

And Jesus, I never wanted this to be so ugly. Fame whoring, my ass. I don't exist here anymore, so I can't be famous or infamous.

Peace to all! Bye now!

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 03:01:46 pm »
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Consider re-considering!

I quit too, remember?  It wasn't worth it! :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:06:41 pm by Garison »