Poll

Should CRPG be a infantry mod? Without horses and such evil things?

Yes! We want only duels
3 (5.4%)
Yes! We hate Archers!
9 (16.1%)
Yes! We don't wanna watch our backs! Cavalry are so nasty!
5 (8.9%)
I don't know... I am scared
7 (12.5%)
No I want a realistic tactical FPS game where players needs to adopt to the opponents.
32 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Nerfed too much  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Nerfed too much
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 12:45:52 pm »
+2
You can't expect to have good accuracy and be able to take down medium-heavy targets as a HA.  One or the other, Power Draw or accuracy.

Skirmish, shoot soft targets, harass archers, gun down unarmoured horses, provide helpful knockdown bumps, distract lancers.  I've done HA for many gens as well, sounds like you need to learn the limitations and/or change your expectations.  Winning isn't just about getting kills.

That said, something does need to be done about the HA-HX imbalance, where HX hold every advantage, but that's a whole different topic.

spjut has a great amount of experience as HA as well mate,  perty sure he has a point.  guess you two just had different approaches/expectations. a helpful bump these days is for example quite hard due to nerf.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 12:57:41 pm »
who sais it is "good" and "needed" when dedicated ranged players are forced to go hybrid in order to play the game ?

When 2hers whine about ranged spam archers say: "take a shield". So if you complain about being at disadvantage in melee fights someone could say: take a decent sword and more PS.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 01:49:34 pm »
+6
When I first started cRPG, there was a ninja motto "Mind is the shield". When I first saw this "omfg! Those guys not using shieldz! They use stealth to cover themselvezze! I'll be ninja too!". Then I somehow got bored of cRPG and played other mods. After a year I wanted to play cRPG again, I saw that no one is bothering to use a shield anymore as archery was pretty fucked up. Just twohanders running at each other, and if they die during the process by arrows they simply whined and archery (and horse archery) got nerfed even more and more and more...

You listened a bit of cRPG history. Thank you.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 03:04:58 pm »
+1
When I first started cRPG, there was a ninja motto "Mind is the shield". When I first saw this "omfg! Those guys not using shieldz! They use stealth to cover themselvezze! I'll be ninja too!". Then I somehow got bored of cRPG and played other mods. After a year I wanted to play cRPG again, I saw that no one is bothering to use a shield anymore as archery was pretty fucked up. Just twohanders running at each other, and if they die during the process by arrows they simply whined and archery (and horse archery) got nerfed even more and more and more...

You listened a bit of cRPG history. Thank you.

plate archers that could headshot over half the map,  and that were still killable by a non loomed torben noob on his 1h/lancer hybrid.  today its the other way around:  i cant kill archers with full looms but they cant kill me either, haha.  if it wasnt for twohands and hoplites,  rounds would go on for ever.
(click to show/hide)
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 04:36:52 pm »
+5
A HA must be very high lvl or dedicated. His skills to improve accuracy(HA) and dmg(PD) lowers accuracy and drawspeed(wpf). On top of that the upkeep is insane. The one thing HAs had going for them b4 was their high survivability but that too is not what it was. Nerfs to HA skill, horses and bows+arrows has made the HA very inferior to HX who is superior in every way AND can fullfill the HAs role on the battlefield.

Spjut is a skilled cavplayer and im sure he can adapt and still be able to score decent as HA but thats not what he's after... He wants to play the class he enjoys and he wants to be an asset to the team. With the class now being UP he cant and thats frustrating. His anger though is not towards a nerf to a specific class but the fact that nerfing classes to much will make them go extinct. The overnerfing of some classes, removing of tools  from the battlefield and increased amount of chokepoint maps all force negative adaption.

What I mean with negative adaption is being forced to change class to have a place on the battlefield, using coockiecutter builds and being limited to a few options in gear. It dumbs the game down, limits the need for teamplay and make the use of tactics useless.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 07:44:15 pm »
Does the horse archer have a predator.....none that I can think other than its own class.

Try this with other classes and you will see the trends of nerfing.

That is the fundamental problem, it has no predator and only prey.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 07:53:11 pm »
HA can never be nerfed too much.

Go ahead, minus me :D you can minus me but you cant minus the truth!
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2013, 06:30:30 am »
Does the horse archer have a predator.....none that I can think other than its own class.

Try this with other classes and you will see the trends of nerfing.

That is the fundamental problem, it has no predator and only prey.

HA's can't even think about riding close enough to a thrower to shoot at them. Get close, dead horse, dead archer. All I did as a 1h shielder + thrower was hunt down HX/HA and archers and kill them dead :idea:

Well I would also kill cavalry, but since a dismounted cavalry is a barely gimped melee, they would just kill me instead with my really gimp melee due to needing actual points and wpf into throwing.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »
Pretty much why I've stopped playing crpg. Class I loved has been hit harder than any other in the game over time. And because it's so hated no one really gives a crap except us poor few who play it. Constant nerfs slowly wore down my urge to play crpg. Now when I do play it's with my hoplite and in my opinion that's only a fraction as interesting as HA was.

Spjut and Fru both put it nicely and are both very experienced in this class so anyone should consider that before criticising them. They've played a long time.

For me the main thing was choke point maps, accuracy nerfs, damage nerfs, the rise of HX and the pure dedication it takes to be an HA for relatively little reward. After the first lot of nerfs I was already largely reduced to supporting my team with bumping enemies and setting up kills, unless I survived until the end of the round getting kills was difficult as you largely need people who have already taken damage. But now I see 0 point in playing HA which is a shame as I'd love to get back into crpg. But melee combat is too boring for me, doesn't have the high speed excitement that HA used to have.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »
What recent HA nerf are you all talking about ?

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2013, 03:20:42 pm »
the rise of HX

This is the largest issue facing HA, from my playtime as one.  They are more effective in every area, apart from shooting speed (which has little effect because of their high Riding skillpoints).  I was always happy to play a HA until a few HX would come along and make my class look pointless.