Poll

Should CRPG be a infantry mod? Without horses and such evil things?

Yes! We want only duels
3 (5.4%)
Yes! We hate Archers!
9 (16.1%)
Yes! We don't wanna watch our backs! Cavalry are so nasty!
5 (8.9%)
I don't know... I am scared
7 (12.5%)
No I want a realistic tactical FPS game where players needs to adopt to the opponents.
32 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Nerfed too much  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Spjut

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerfed too much
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 11:08:50 am »
agree on spjut, horse archery needs a great buff immediatley. as I told everywhere, I want realism, not balance between classes  :mad:

Agree!!! :P

Offline Spjut

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 11:09:55 am »
Consider yourself the minority

Well no comment as you are an ADMIN....  :mrgreen:  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:18:11 am by Spjut »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 11:11:38 am »
+1
Consider yourself a triple-poster.

I agree, horse archery was not fun at all when I tried.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 11:32:02 am »
Good sir, we need more things to combat your scum-class.
I agree that HA is pretty horrendous; very inaccurate, weak because you need to focus on accuracy and cannot use an almighty bow, expensive etc etc.
But again, it's really ****ing irritating.
I don't know that the game has enough to offer to be able to keep all classes plausible without unbalancing one to counterbalance another.
In my opinion horse archery should take more actual skill, mayhap the crosshair could move while you are riding; forcing the (skilled) horsearcher to compensate, I see this as being a way in which they could be buffed, and every horse archer would receive a needed boost, but skilled ones would be able to benefit significantly more and the less skilled ones would suffer.

Again though, I don't know how this could be countered.
 :(
VERY nice boy :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »
+2
You do less damage now if someone's riding away from you, but you do more damage now if you are riding into them (i.e. if you're riding at a stationary target)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 05:46:23 pm »
+1
Archers must protest nerfs.

When no one player play acher this mod will dead. U can see no ranged servers (dead servers)

Some crying kids cant use their brain and wants easy kill. How to do this? Make arrow bag 10kg, remove realistic issues, ...

I call all archers to protest. Dont play archer, only play melee and mod will really dead.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 06:16:21 pm »
+1
My first generation was an archer, and I quitted it. So I already done that 2 years ago. My cousin stopped playing the mod too.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:33 pm »
+1
HAs are annoying as fuck (when I'm not playing one of course :D ) but the amount of time and how "perfect" your build has to be compared to any other class to be able to deal decent damage is way to long. You need to be atleast level 30 if you want to have a balanced build for HA, while any other class can do just fine around level 20+.

So yes, HA needs some sort of accuracy buff.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:08 pm »
+1
this poll :lol:
No I want a realistic tactical FPS game where players needs to adopt to the opponents.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/and-all-the-other-things-floating-around-out-there/arma-iii/

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »
+3
the stakes are already quite a nerf to cav,  on top their charge and armor where nerfed,  which might be overkill.  kills off a bunch of approaches for HAs... 
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »
It sounds like you want "Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare".  No thanks.  I don't understand why people go pure ranged in this game.  The melee combat is the best of its kind while the ranged combat has nothing on true FPS titles.  If you want some ranged ability, hybridization is the way to go in my opinion.  Start with a solid melee core and add ranged capability from there.  You won't be as effective in melee as a pure melee build, sure, but you won't be completely useless either; and you'll still have the tactical advantage of your ranged weaponry.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »
I don't understand why people go pure ranged in this game.  The melee combat is the best of its kind while the ranged combat has nothing on true FPS titles.

The melee aspect probably got most people into the game. In cRPG in its current state however, I gotta say dedicated melee is a boring nobrainer class. All you see now adays are big blobs of shielders ( absolutely boring no go class for me ) and armor crutching 2h heroes. Sure, there are a few ninjas and pikemen and stuff like that but they rather drown in the big picture.

Melees might have all the different items, foortwork, kicks, blocks, chambers, holds, and just a fuckload of tools to their disposal, where as archers have just a few pieces of equipment and their core "fighting style" basicly consists of draw, aim and release. Still, the need for tactical decisions as when to retreat, where to go, whit whom to stick together, when to hide and when to engage, all of that makes ranged combat in cRPG interesting in a way that melee gameplay just cant offer. I surely curse the day when I decided to go archer every now and then but in the end, I would rather quit the mod before I switch to melee entirely. And this is where all the conplaints come from. Appart from the melee lobby, who sais it is "good" and "needed" when dedicated ranged players are forced to go hybrid in order to play the game ?

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 02:58:17 am »
As an HA lvl 32 with 6 PD, 4 HA, 173 wpf in archery, MW Yumi, MW Barbed arrows...

Shooted into a stationary archer in ragged outfit standing on a ruin wall 3 times... didn't die... he still at 19% hp (2 body, 1 arm and yes admin abuse cheat to see his HP  :mrgreen:)

(I guess the upward shot screwed my damage...even if it's not much angle considering I'm on a horse, approx 15 degree upward at most.)

:cry:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 06:33:44 am »
+1
It sounds like you want "Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare".  No thanks.  I don't understand why people go pure ranged in this game.  The melee combat is the best of its kind while the ranged combat has nothing on true FPS titles. 

You have no idea what you are talking about.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 07:30:49 am »
You can't expect to have good accuracy and be able to take down medium-heavy targets as a HA.  One or the other, Power Draw or accuracy.

Skirmish, shoot soft targets, harass archers, gun down unarmoured horses, provide helpful knockdown bumps, distract lancers.  I've done HA for many gens as well, sounds like you need to learn the limitations and/or change your expectations.  Winning isn't just about getting kills.

That said, something does need to be done about the HA-HX imbalance, where HX hold every advantage, but that's a whole different topic.