Author Topic: Just putting this out there.  (Read 993 times)

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
Just putting this out there.
« on: March 15, 2013, 04:24:43 pm »
I just wanted to tell the community before someone assume I am "Multi-accounting".

Due to the recent bans and punishments being dealt out to people for Multi-acccounting.  I would like to just inform the community that I may come off as suspicious.

I have a younger brother that plays Crpg and is quite active in Strat as well.  (I am not very much myself)

I do not openly tell people who my brother is through his "Player_Name" often.  There are a couple that know and If you are reading this, I would ask that you keep it to yourself. :p

I am merely just posting this so it is well known that once in a while, two accounts may be playing from the same source in my case.  I do not wish to log on one day to find myself banned for sharing this game with my younger brother.

If the username of my brother is needed by anyone to verify things I will gladly do it over a PM or the sorts.

Thank you for your time.

PS: My penis is quite small.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Just putting this out there.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:35:49 pm »
+6
[...]
I have just the Steam group for you:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/poosm
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:42:10 pm »
+3
I suggest full honest disclosure with Meow or another dev, and I suggest trying to contact them in IRC sometime and maybe from there if they have any other things they ask of you. 

Do you and your brother have your own computers, or do you both use the same one?  I'm not sure how much that matters but it might.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 04:47:47 pm »
I suggest full honest disclosure with Meow or another dev, and I suggest trying to contact them in IRC sometime and maybe from there if they have any other things they ask of you. 

Do you and your brother have your own computers, or do you both use the same one?  I'm not sure how much that matters but it might.

We have separate computers.  Once in a while we may use the same one, although very rarely.

Thanks for the tip though.  I wanted to post here first so everyone would know.  I figured If I tell one person, the knowledge may not spread to others.  This way everyone can see it and I can refer to it if need be.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 04:59:15 pm »
+3
I can't find it now, but there was once a thread for informing the dev's if you had more than one account accessing strategus from one location (ie your brother playing as well)

*EDIT* Actually it looks like it's just this thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/global/banned-for-using-several-accounts-from-one-ip-post-here!/

I'd suggest posting there too
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:03:52 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »
+3
Usually, warning the devs before anything happens if you have a suspicious looking setup is a good idea. I have two keys, one of which I used to play cRPG for about 10 minutes, then I gave it to a friend.

Interestingly, it was a steam version of the game. So I only had the steam key, but I found the actual warband key in my windows registry, and you can actually give that one to somebody. You can even buy the game on steam, get the key, uninstall your steam version, download the game straight from taleworlds and activate it with the key you found.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 05:03:35 pm »
Usually, warning the devs before anything happens if you have a suspicious looking setup is a good idea. I have two keys, one of which I used to play cRPG for about 10 minutes, then I gave it to a friend.

Me and my brother have been playing for almost 2 years now.  (Sometime before the major Repair/Multiplier update.)

I didn't really see it as an issue, although I figured I would just let it be known now before something happens

Apologies for not getting it out there sooner.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 05:05:00 pm »
+1
It's not an issue for cRPG, only for strategus I would assume...if you hardly ever go onto the strategus overview, you probably didn't tip off their radar.  I'd still recommend going to the link I posted above and stating it there as well.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 05:07:46 pm »
It's not an issue for cRPG, only for strategus I would assume...if you hardly ever go onto the strategus overview, you probably didn't tip off their radar.  I'd still recommend going to the link I posted above and stating it there as well.

Thanks alot.  Only problem: They want you to post both mains.  I was trying to avoid giving out the usernames.  I was trying to avoid creating a connection between me and my brothers account.  Although, if that is the only way I guess I will have to deal with it.

EDIT: The topic cannot be posted on anymore oddly enough.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:50:49 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:31:34 pm »
Interestingly, it was a steam version of the game. So I only had the steam key, but I found the actual warband key in my windows registry, and you can actually give that one to somebody. You can even buy the game on steam, get the key, uninstall your steam version, download the game straight from taleworlds and activate it with the key you found.

this is lol (abit bigger lol than a standard lol) hurry delete your post or they will change it! :p

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 12:09:46 am »
*EDIT* Actually it looks like it's just this thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/global/banned-for-using-several-accounts-from-one-ip-post-here!/
I'd suggest posting there too

They locked it for some reason.  Guilty until proven innocent? 

Guess I might as well mention someone at my house plays cRPG as well, but neither of us play strat.  I might do the occasional battle.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 12:59:42 am »
+1
I just wanted to tell the community before someone assume I am "Multi-accounting".

Due to the recent bans and punishments being dealt out to people for Multi-acccounting.  I would like to just inform the community that I may come off as suspicious.

I have a younger brother that plays Crpg and is quite active in Strat as well.  (I am not very much myself)

I do not openly tell people who my brother is through his "Player_Name" often.  There are a couple that know and If you are reading this, I would ask that you keep it to yourself. :p

I am merely just posting this so it is well known that once in a while, two accounts may be playing from the same source in my case.  I do not wish to log on one day to find myself banned for sharing this game with my younger brother.

If the username of my brother is needed by anyone to verify things I will gladly do it over a PM or the sorts.

Thank you for your time.

Obvious multi-accounter is obvious. Ban imo.

Also, his last statement is actually a lie, it is far from small, showing just how much of a liar this man is. He should not be trusted.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 01:51:01 am »
+4
Don't be a fool, Necro. I'm not telling anyone about my multiple accounts. I'll take the secret to my grave.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:11 am »
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES ALLERS AND I HAVE BEEN BANNED SINCE WE HAVE SAME IP, SAME WITH LUBU AND KONVICT.