Author Topic: repair skill  (Read 948 times)

Offline Mildar

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
repair skill
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:08:59 pm »
now when we have repairing what about repair skill that lowers the cost of repairs?

I think if you add it as wpf you can make interesting builds.
person that sacrifise a lot of wpf to repair is able to maintain expensive stuff but is weak with weapons. someone with about no skill iin repair will be able to maintain about lightest armor and some weaker weapon but can hit you like a whirlwind.

This would need some balancing of course. but i think it would makje new patch more interesting for me

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
Re: repair skill
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:04:34 pm »
Interesting idea. Might actually work: with high repair skill, you could use more high-tier equipment. You could wield a flamberge in plate armor, but at the cost of WPF - this way, you have to be a good fighter yourself, stats won't do the fighting for you.

Alt solution, if repair skill sounds weird: Income skill. It doesn't effect repair cost, it effects the money earned per minute. The starting value could be 30 or something like that, and increased like WPF: you can get it up to a sensible level relatively fast, but it would become more and more difficult to reach higher income.

Definitely needs some balancing.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet