Author Topic: new pope  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1502
  • Infamy: 500
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: new pope
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 04:28:38 pm »
I think it's a fair choice, greatest percentage of catholics live in South America after all.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »
I see what you mean, he's still a religious figure, that's obvious.

But does it still have political influence? I'd say the Pope seems pretty powerless from the outside, or there's some serious backstage stuff going on there.
He is an authority of religious matters for a lot of the religiously minded populace in the western world => he can affect their opinion on things => he can affect public opinion => he has political power.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 05:19:55 pm »
I can post on forums, this can affect peoples opinion on things, this can affect public opinion, i have political power, i are pope?

I think the level of ignorance to christian belief in this thread is outrageous, im not religious at all, but i have respect for people who are. If they chose to believe that he is Gods representative on earth, that he is to lead them to spiritual success, then why the hell should people tell them their wrong.

Also yes osiris, inb4 crusade for the malvinas.
Turtles

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
Pope thinks he got a saying. Funny thing tho, new pope is versus gay marriages but we all know that the people in church, especially in Rome, fuck around together anyway.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:19 pm »
I believe the Pope has power to unfuck Africa, especially the parts that are say, plagued with AIDS. In pretty much every debate, the clergy has adopted a reactionary opinion that caused incalculable damage to people stupid enough (and their neighbours) to obey or feel guilt just because the Pope said something is forbidden by god.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:52:16 pm »
+3
THIS IS A FALSE POPE. I AM THE NEW POPE.

POPE WOLOLO THE 1ST. BOW DOWN BEFORE MY GOLDEN CROSS MAGGOTS.

THE POWER OF THE POPE COMPELS YOU!

I HAVE A HAT TO PROVE IT
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 12:05:10 am »
If they chose to believe that he is Gods representative on earth, that he is to lead them to spiritual success, then why the hell should people tell them their wrong.
Because perhaps you think that they chose wrong and you should help them realize that too, so that they might(or might not) thank you for it later for possibly showing them the truth
and preventing them thus from wasting more time living a lie? Then again, they might prefer to live in a lie, because life might(or might not) be a bit easier or more comfortable that way.
Then again, what do I know.
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2013, 12:08:34 am »
Well Weren, i was once like that. But i found that debating people who are conditioned from birth and systematically brainwashed is not worth the effort. Now, when i do hit a wall i say i "respect" their choice, there is only so much i can do i guess...

If it makes their life easier, fuck it. Ill plant the idea but i wont press it or be annoying

Offline Weren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2013, 12:13:54 am »
Well Weren, i was once like that. But i found that debating people who are conditioned from birth and systematically brainwashed is not worth the effort. Now, when i do hit a wall i say i "respect" their choice, there is only so much i can do i guess...
I have had similar experiences too and I am not actually contemplating getting into another endless argument again. Just giving few friendly points for Casimir(and others?) to consider.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 12:31:08 am »
I'm not remotely religious and I frankly don't give a damn what other people want to believe, nor do I really want to get involved in it. I think people should let them have their fun with their pointy hats and funny sticks.

Also remember spirituality means a lot, way beyond just religion.  Its your belief they chose wrong, same as its their belief they chose right. 

If it makes their life easier, fuck it. Ill plant the idea but i wont press it or be annoying

Essentially this. It's fine to question, but condemning people wholesale because they're religious is as stupid as any other prejudice.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34:42 am »
Thing is, a religion is not really a lie as in there are people knowingly hiding some proven truth. It is more similar to a myth like the tooth fairy, except not many adults believe the tooth fairy exists.

I don't remember arguing with people that really seemed brainwashed, most religious people I know are quite anticlerical, even though they qualify themselves as catholics. I always have very civil discussions with them about that and usually we just end up having the same opinion about everything except a relatively small set of unverifiable hypotheses, which may as well be nothing.

Enjoy life  :)

Offline Weren

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 01:02:34 am »
I think people should let them have their fun with their pointy hats and funny sticks.
Sure, as long as no one gets hurt.

Also remember spirituality means a lot, way beyond just religion.  Its your belief they chose wrong, same as its their belief they chose right. 
I wasn't condemning anyone, I was just giving you a motive or a reason why someone(no one in particular) would like to tell or convince someone else that what they chose to believe was(or wasn't) wrong.

Thing is, a religion is not really a lie as in there are people knowingly hiding some proven truth.
I wasn't saying that religion is a lie, I was saying that someone(no one in particular) might think of religion as a lie and as such thinks that he/she has a duty to convince everyone else as well. I realize now that I shouldn't have put that part about "showing the truth" there or at least I should've worded it better. The thing is that I don't even believe in full certainty. 

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 01:15:59 am »

old and corrupted. and we all know who is printed on his right shoulder yes?

new pope will also be corrupted :/

about faith... what is faith? "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld" - Hebrews 11:1
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:21:54 am by Sniger »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 02:20:14 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Wow, this totally reminds me of this

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:55 am »
+3