Author Topic: NA1 admins  (Read 807 times)

Offline mofugga

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Longrod_Von_Hugendong, Sexual_Chocolate, FussyBritches, Hebrew_Hammer
NA1 admins
« on: March 09, 2013, 03:14:51 am »
+1
So during my first round tonight on NA1, some kids start spamming "negga" over and over. A couple admins start muting people for it (several got muted).

Another guy starts spamming it again during the next round. I say in chat "bed time elrok" (not his exact name, something like that tho, I don't remember it). A couple seconds later, he gets muted. So I say "nighty night". I immediately get muted.

I can understand if an admin doesn't like me as a person, but being biased isn't a great quality in an administrator.

I didn't take any screenshots. The logs are there if you give a shit.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: NA1 admins
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 03:23:25 am »
+1
Really complaining over a mute?  :?
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mofugga

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Longrod_Von_Hugendong, Sexual_Chocolate, FussyBritches, Hebrew_Hammer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 03:25:07 am »
+3
Really complaining over a mute?  :?

Do you actually think I'm complaining about the mute itself?

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 03:43:33 am »
You'd have more luck going to the individual admin's feedback page and posting your specific grievance. Unless of course, the admin was on an alt and you don't know which thread to post in. Which is very possible, and pretty shitty.

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 03:50:20 am »
The muting is getting out of hand lately. I can't even say a good alt+x joke without getting muted. And the bad part about the muting crap is if more than 1 person is muted on server at a time, it breaks it so the admin can't unmute you
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 04:03:34 am »
Do you actually think I'm complaining about the mute itself?

That's what I say.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 08:22:50 am »
My theory is that this community is actually pretty mature (compared to most) and well-behaved (again, compared to most games), so the admins feel the need to actually find something to do when in reality, with the automatic voice chat spam mute, ability to personally mute people you don't want to talk to, kick voting for griefers, leeching reporting, and the penalizing "M" system, there isn't really any admins needed. So in order to flex their e-muscles, stroke their egos, or obtain whatever strange satisfaction they seek, they continue to nitpick and find any reason to use their "powers"

I speak only of my experience in NA servers, and not all NA admins are like this, of course.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 08:26:17 am »

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 08:48:26 am »
+4
Troll hard enough and you should get muted.  I can never understand why people bitch about being muted.  You are not being deprived of any playing time, you are only losing the ability to be a jackass to the rest of the players on the server.  Would people rather us just go straight to the kicks/bans?

Suck it up and get over it.  I will admit this one seems a bit like collateral damage, but when half the server is being intentionally trolly its hard to keep up with whats been said as the ingame log only goes back a round or two.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 10:53:11 am »
My theory is that this community is actually pretty mature (compared to most) and well-behaved (again, compared to most games), so the admins feel the need to actually find something to do when in reality, with the automatic voice chat spam mute, ability to personally mute people you don't want to talk to, kick voting for griefers, leeching reporting, and the penalizing "M" system, there isn't really any admins needed. So in order to flex their e-muscles, stroke their egos, or obtain whatever strange satisfaction they seek, they continue to nitpick and find any reason to use their "powers"

I speak only of my experience in NA servers, and not all NA admins are like this, of course.

ive played this game for 2 years now and i honestly can't remember ever "needing" an admin to intervene in something
FREE ALLERS

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus