Author Topic: Injustice!  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Re: Injustice!
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2013, 10:31:04 am »
+3
With most of our guys playing warz and other games we have roughly 5-10 semi active guys, and thats being generous, So you cant play the "Hospitaller has every single members playing while FCC doesn't" we all know there are many inactives, as I'm sure FCC has their share as well, But when I'm on crpg I see 10+ FCC members playing to our 1-3. Only time our guys jump on is to help with strat fight, and with that not giving ticks we don't have near the troop farmers FCC has.

FCC IS larger than Hosp in my eyes, You have more people, more actives, more gold, more allies, etc. You can try and play the underdog all you want but others can see it as much as I do.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2013, 03:46:34 pm »
+9
Some really good posts in this thread about friendship, diplomacy and why people fight for who they fight for. I'll shamelessly use this to give my opinion of the current state of affairs as well.

Remnants have had (initially) a good run in this Strat. From basically nothing we managed to rob and steal diplomatize our way to holding something that can be loosely described as the Iron Curtain of NA - a territory spanning through most of the Strat map in a vertical axis. This proved a great setup for trade and we grew to a point where we were noticed, maybe even feared, by our veteran Strat neigbors. I really have to thank A.dolf Saucetler for whipping us undisciplined, sperging and mostly Strat clueless puuties into shape with an iron fist to make this happen.

Alas, the new found glory found a quick end when we were in over our heads, feeling the threat of our mighty VE neighbors looming over us and lashing out at Hosps in a forced relocation attempt AKA "Fuck it, let's charge!". Without our loyal and disciplined HG allies (and friends!), we would have fared even worse. At this point chapter 1 of the Remnants of Strat saga ended, most of us lost interest and stopped participating in internet swords-recruit and horses-trade. It was fun while it lasted though, and who's to say this will stay the only chapter in our book?

What's there to do now (besides slowly rebuild)? Right, enjoying the battles the warring factions so graciously provide. While the Remnants do not have any active alliances or stakes in the war, this begs the question who to sign up and root for. So far people have seen me sign for both opposing sides of the conflict. For people that care to know, here's why:
  • Still have a grudge against VE for threatening to/kicking our arse  :wink: so I'm currently not signing for them.
  • On the other hand, I have always been friendly towards the FCC, liked their players and their style - so whenever I can I'll sign for them. Would not mind being on their side entirely when a new Strat comes around.
  • But then there are my French friends of Occitan, who have been some of the straightest players in Strat, never getting bogged down with BS diplomacy and true to their word. I respect that and gladly root for them.
  • Hospitallers on the other hand used to be a bit of a sore spot for me. This may date back to their diplomacy when I was in another clan and (as has been said in this thread) I've seen an improvement here already - but I am still a little iffy on signing for them.
  • All the other up and coming Strat clans out there like Semenstorm and the Frisian Freedom I sign gladly up for, depending on who they go against.
All in all, no ill will on my part. I try to balance my signups a bit, but as I said, sometimes I am torn between the warring factions. Either way, thanks for the entertaining round of Strat - even without major participation of my clan at the moment. Keep those battles coming!

I say: Justice!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »
+3
You can say it dyna... you sign for fcc for your love of me.... and I am.happy to have you along
Leader of BS

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »
+3
Speaking about injustice, Arowaine is the most disrespectful and hateful person I've had to deal with in this Strat. If it wasn't for the kindness of Smoothrich and Tydeus, I'd have been wiped out long ago.

I had no problem with you surrounding me with your 6k+ shiny troops and wanting to attack me, even though I had permission to leave the area. But to call me a liar and discredit all my independent efforts thus far simply because of your blinded rage at the FCC is what pissed me off. I have no problem with Occitan, you and the Chev's have been really cool people to fight alongside with in battle and the few times we've been on the same side in strat. But Arowaine, man, you're a mean person. All I've wanted this strat is to be seen as an independent faction that I am, everyone but Arowaine and ninja_ptolemy has granted me my wish.

edited: In all honesty I'm so very bored of this rivalry, I'd really like for the FCC and old ATS members/Occitan/Hospitaller to find a final battleground then really try to start over in terms of diplomacy and relationships.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:30:46 pm by Gmnotutoo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2013, 06:49:50 pm »
+2
You can say it dyna... you sign for fcc for your love of me.... and I am.happy to have you along

You'd be the one guy I'd happily swashbuckle into the sunset with  :D
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:56 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Occitan strategus policy http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/occitan-border-policy/

can you tell me your current location on strat??? how come you get a fief ??? from who ???  also just to point you a fact unicorn use to be and still a faction under fcc (next time make a proper post to declare you are a peaceful trader and you have nothing to do with Fcc)

I welcome fcc anytime to come zerg us with their friends.

As for occitan we try to make it different this strat. We said new strat, it was but some people decide it was not...and have kept their grudge after all! So there is nothing to be change when it is coming from only 1 side.

For your diplomacy info dear trader.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:54:16 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2013, 12:12:46 am »
Arowaine,

I would like to point out we tried to be friends with you when you came back to Na side. We helped find you land and wanted to become friendly and trade... You guys said thanks but no... and then when we went to war with hosp (they attacked us first) you jumped in for them.

The only time you came to us with good intentions is when you learned VE was going to go to war with you. You asked us to stay out of it. Other than mercing and trading we have basically stayed out of the war between you both and concentrated on Hero and Hosp.

If I look at the battle list you guys have attacked fiefs we owned (granted they were in the steppes) and we have not touched any of your homes
Leader of BS

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2013, 01:01:13 am »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Occitan strategus policy http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/occitan-border-policy/

can you tell me your current location on strat??? how come you get a fief ??? from who ???  also just to point you a fact unicorn use to be and still a faction under fcc (next time make a proper post to declare you are a peaceful trader and you have nothing to do with Fcc)

I welcome fcc anytime to come zerg us with their friends.

As for occitan we try to make it different this strat. We said new strat, it was but some people decide it was not...and have kept their grudge after all! So there is nothing to be change when it is coming from only 1 side.

For your diplomacy info dear trader.
(click to show/hide)

I traded Vayejeg to the FCC for a fief to be named later back in October, which became New Mechin. Originally New Mechin was remnant's fief I believe and they gave it to the FCC, who didn't need it. Sorry it took so long to claim my part of the trade agreement, one person can only do so much. The FCC has never just given me anything for free, it would be a waste of their resources that they need to fund their wars. As I've stated many times, I've managed to earn what I have through legitimate trading and my own hard work.

I don't have any intentions of doing anything to Occitan, Semenstorm, VE, FCC, Hospis, Tundra, BIRD CLAN, etc. I'd rather keep my Strategus goals of being the only weaboo faction left in NA Calradia while saving up for an epic themed strat fight involving pirates vs ninjas, because I love this community and want to give the people a fun battle where winning or losing has no consequence. You wanted to take that dream away from me. :(

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2013, 02:03:11 am »
Arowaine,

I would like to point out we tried to be friends with you when you came back to Na side. We helped find you land and wanted to become friendly and trade... You guys said thanks but no... and then when we went to war with hosp (they attacked us first) you jumped in for them.

The only time you came to us with good intentions is when you learned VE was going to go to war with you. You asked us to stay out of it. Other than mercing and trading we have basically stayed out of the war between you both and concentrated on Hero and Hosp.

If I look at the battle list you guys have attacked fiefs we owned (granted they were in the steppes) and we have not touched any of your homes

ill like to point you out we try from the start to be friendly with you, talk to you, show for your battle, be nice and respectful etc. You guys never helped us with anything except masively being against in every war we made.

When we came back on Na we decide to buy a fief that belong to bird clan who was under hero party at that time all we receive was a warning of going to be attack if we bougth it really nice from matey for the warning. So treating us saying if we BOUGTH  a fief that use to belong to bird clan was probably not the smartess idea from you guys to get good relation...after all we told smooth no thanks we dont want to be involve we want to stay cool as much as possible and let you have your fair war until you guys came in and rush to destroy hero party wich we decide to stick with our new ally (hero party) at that time and give them army support(talking about the first wave you send around shariz area). Also you guys just merge fallen in your rank too and never came back with any deal/trade offer to us. So yeah we decide to the logic.

ps: for the steppe war it was kinda simple we own one big time to hospitaller since they gave us a pretty dam nice castle/beautiful steppe village for basicly nothing. So we own them one. They end up asking for support during the remnant fcc invasion. We came for their aid still we haven't fougth against remnant really cause we wanted to stay out of that conflic. Here is my side of the story.

well still bale you have your opinion i have mine i guess.

(click to show/hide)

I never took your dream away i let you leave peacefully.

edit: sorry i guess we just have a different point of you about strat as myself  it is a war game that include clan against clan war organised figth etc but that just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:26:24 am by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2013, 04:35:21 am »
+1
Yeah, Gmno, Arowaine wasn't really being a dick.  His clan captured territory you were in and saw you as an FCC player roleplaying in another faction, worthy of attack.  If I recall you dropped my name, and I just had a small chat with the guy that you were super helpful to us during Hosps' invasion, and even though we were now at war with FCC (seen as your real loyalty regardless of what you say) it'd be the right thing to let you escape with your stuff since you were a bro.  Arowaine said "alright, I just thought he was some FCC guy lying to escape and was gonna attack him."

He's super reasonable, but with all the people and things you need to keep track of when organizing a Strat faction and relations, I don't blame anyone for just wanting to attack shit sometimes if they look like an enemy and not getting too involved in the personal diplomacy with individuals.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2013, 05:26:44 am »
+1
Yeah, Gmno, Arowaine wasn't really being a dick.  His clan captured territory you were in and saw you as an FCC player roleplaying in another faction, worthy of attack.  If I recall you dropped my name, and I just had a small chat with the guy that you were super helpful to us during Hosps' invasion, and even though we were now at war with FCC (seen as your real loyalty regardless of what you say) it'd be the right thing to let you escape with your stuff since you were a bro.  Arowaine said "alright, I just thought he was some FCC guy lying to escape and was gonna attack him."

He's super reasonable, but with all the people and things you need to keep track of when organizing a Strat faction and relations, I don't blame anyone for just wanting to attack shit sometimes if they look like an enemy and not getting too involved in the personal diplomacy with individuals.

I guess it was a confusing situation then for both sides, I was going through with the understanding that I had clearance and then I get surrounded by a huge army. At the time it felt that Arowaine was being hostile and if it wasn't for you, I'd have been attacked. That was my perspective about it. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt Arowaine and I apologize for calling you out, but in exchange I hope you recognize my Sovereignty over New Mechin. That way if you do you attack me you can at least make a nice post saying Occitan declares war on Gmnotutoo's Super Kawaii Desu Desu Japanese Schoolgirl Ninja Death Squad. :)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »
+5
At the time it felt that Arowaine was being hostile and if it wasn't for you, I'd have been attacked.

This is still probably true  8-)

One thing I like about Strat is the friendships, rivalries, and personal diplomacy at play.  Adds character to the game.

Its why I've been working on a Strategus mod for Crusader Kings 2, with all of the factions and personalities as playable characters, with plenty of unique traits and events.  I will have to make a thread about it soon.  CK2 is the perfect engine to really port over the gripping melodrama of the Diplomacy forum and fix the Strategus interface.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2013, 01:22:53 pm »
This is still probably true  8-)

One thing I like about Strat is the friendships, rivalries, and personal diplomacy at play.  Adds character to the game.

Its why I've been working on a Strategus mod for Crusader Kings 2, with all of the factions and personalities as playable characters, with plenty of unique traits and events.  I will have to make a thread about it soon.  CK2 is the perfect engine to really port over the gripping melodrama of the Diplomacy forum and fix the Strategus interface.

That...sounds awesome.
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2013, 01:26:02 pm »
+2
That way if you do you attack me you can at least make a nice post saying Occitan declares war on Gmnotutoo's Super Kawaii Desu Desu Japanese Schoolgirl Ninja Death Squad. :)

Though i should warn you in advance.  Cyranule finally joined strategus in order to join the Super Kawaii Desu Desu Japanese Schoolgirl Ninja Death Squad, which pretty much means you lose the second you show up to attack as his mustache alone will destroy you single-handedly.  Just warning you in advance.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo