Poll

Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?

Yes
58 (35.6%)
No
76 (46.6%)
I hate all the shooters. It should be 3 slots.
22 (13.5%)
Not my business
7 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?  (Read 2776 times)

Offline XXTNTXX

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »
Just want to see how many people like or dislike Light Crossbow changed to 2 slots.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: Get light crossbow back to 1 slot?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:46 pm »
+2
it needs to be balanced WITH archery. Crossbow requires less INVESTMENT to be viable than archery. Learn to use a bow and be a talent to your team and strat faction than some bundle of sticks with a gun.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:23 pm »
it needs to be balanced WITH archery. Crossbow requires less INVESTMENT to be viable than archery. Learn to use a bow and be a talent to your team and strat faction than some bundle of sticks with a gun.

and it also requires(depnding on the xbow) 2-7 seconds of standing still. Archery requires NO stalling.
Archery:
Faster draw spead
(you CAN wear upper light/lower medium armor) but most wear light armor
Requires 6 points in PD(or so) depending on the archer
Pierce or Cut damage

Crossbow:
No point investment beyond WM
Pierce damage only
Slow reload
Can wear heavy armor if wished(Specced xbows wear medium to light armor too just like archers)

Might have missed a few, but that's the differences in the 2. (not counting other things like arrow weight, upkeep costs as those are modifiable by devs and can be argued that they are roughly the same for each class)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »
+4
Why? There is so many 1 handed weapons that are 0 slot, surely you can live with 1xbow 2 bolts and a short sword?

Offline gdijim

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:54:35 pm »
Because, for one, the short sword sucks on horseback.

It's pretty much impossible to do a balanced hybrid build anymore.

I have 131 in crossbow, 108 in 1 handed.  I think that's the investment you're talking about.  Since I don't have WPF maxed in my melee weapon, I think it's quite reasonable to say that's the trade off in order to be able to use the light crossbow and a decent 1 hander.

Release_Arrows

Offline Weedmaster

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:29 pm »
There should be a way to use a decent crossbow with pole-arm/2hander. Weapons like the double-sided lance / regular spear / hafted blade / bastard sword could at least be made 1 slot to coincide with the added 0 slot 1handers.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »
Arbalest should be 3 slot.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »
+1
Arbalest should be 3 slot.
Nope, that would absolutly fuck my build, so i would have to respec again.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 08:30:33 pm »
I know it'll be harsh, that's why they should give free looms and respec to everyone soon.

As to my point, arbalest is the best crossbow. Are there any point to use other crossbows at the moment? All of them are 2 slot. If one wants to be xbow+decent infantry, they should use something like the heavy crossbow. Arbalestiers should have the best ranged capabilities, at the cost of using 0 slot onehanders with no shields maybe? Not really sure though, was just trolling :P

I don't want to fuck anyone's fun, but is the current xbow setup balanced now?
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 08:33:31 pm »
Arbalests take approxamitly 6 years to reload, and have the slight delay on some of the shots. That is pretty much the only difference between xbows and arbs.

Offline donib

• Count
  • Renown: 295
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow money, slow problems
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Donib
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »
There should be a way to use a decent crossbow with pole-arm/2hander. Weapons like the double-sided lance / regular spear / hafted blade / bastard sword could at least be made 1 slot to coincide with the added 0 slot 1handers.

Ok, i agree with the bastard swords but i dont think xbows should have the ability to be both effective in melee as in ranged because that is the main issue with xbows. Its a cheap range investement and ur still powerfull in melee. No thanks but that is not balanced. Refer to DaveUKR's playing style.

I think some basic axes and maces should be made 0 slot as well because imo the melee for ranged should be personal defense weapon and not effective as a dedicated melee role. Then a xbow, stack of bolts, shield and 0 slot weapon is still viable. Good on range and good for own defence, but not the stormtrooper kind of crossbow man anymore.

Because, for one, the short sword sucks on horseback.

It's pretty much impossible to do a balanced hybrid build anymore.

I have 131 in crossbow, 108 in 1 handed.  I think that's the investment you're talking about.  Since I don't have WPF maxed in my melee weapon, I think it's quite reasonable to say that's the trade off in order to be able to use the light crossbow and a decent 1 hander.

Release_Arrows
Imo horse xbow should be removed from game anyway.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 08:44:01 pm »
+2
Ok, i agree with the bastard swords but i dont think xbows should have the ability to be both effective in melee as in ranged because that is the main issue with xbows. Its a cheap range investement and ur still powerfull in melee. No thanks but that is not balanced. Refer to DaveUKR's playing style.

I think some basic axes and maces should be made 0 slot as well because imo the melee for ranged should be personal defense weapon and not effective as a dedicated melee role. Then a xbow, stack of bolts, shield and 0 slot weapon is still viable. Good on range and good for own defence, but not the stormtrooper kind of crossbow man anymore.
Imo horse xbow should be removed from game anyway.

Why not? An archer or thrower can be good in melee as well as in their respective ranged class.(even full hybrids of both). Why not xbow? cause it's Pierce and you are a homo 2h with high armor? Cause you could hybrid it and be decent?

It's not the class that makes these good, it's the players. A shit hybrid 2h/xbow is bad regardless of which weapon they use.
Also -1 for removal of a class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 08:48:57 pm »
+3
I know it'll be harsh, that's why they should give free looms and respec to everyone soon.

As to my point, arbalest is the best crossbow. Are there any point to use other crossbows at the moment? All of them are 2 slot. If one wants to be xbow+decent infantry, they should use something like the heavy crossbow. Arbalestiers should have the best ranged capabilities, at the cost of using 0 slot onehanders with no shields maybe? Not really sure though, was just trolling :P

I don't want to fuck anyone's fun, but is the current xbow setup balanced now?
A lot of dedicated crossbowmen have been using the heavy crossbow over the arbalest for a while now. I personally like the arbalest when I am playing as crossbowman, but there have been times when I wish I was using the heavy crossbow instead. Now think about the arablest becomming 3 slot. Lets compare it to the heavy crossbow then.

11higher damage
4 higher missile speed
1 higher accuracy
3 slot
27 less speed
3 higher difficulty
361 higher upkeep
0.3 higher weight

Not really fair is it?

I would be up for making the arbalest 3 slot though, but it would have to get quite a large buff if that were to happen.  Something like 10-15 more damage or 5-10 more damage + extra missile speed.

Offline BaronVonBullet

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:45 pm »
Its bull really . I have invested 3 loom points in my Lxbow, 2 in steel bolts, 3 in my 2h axe and 3 in armour. As it is now I have wasted 5 loom points. I wont be playing again until the slots are reversedack to 1.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 09:08:54 pm »
+1
A lot of dedicated crossbowmen have been using the heavy crossbow over the arbalest for a while now. I personally like the arbalest when I am playing as crossbowman, but there have been times when I wish I was using the heavy crossbow instead. Now think about the arablest becomming 3 slot. Lets compare it to the heavy crossbow then.

11higher damage
4 higher missile speed
1 higher accuracy
3 slot
27 less speed
3 higher difficulty
361 higher upkeep
0.3 higher weight

Not really fair is it?

I would be up for making the arbalest 3 slot though, but it would have to get quite a large buff if that were to happen.  Something like 10-15 more damage or 5-10 more damage + extra missile speed.

Alright you got a good point there.