Author Topic: Making Spathion 0 Slot Mistake.  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Keening

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Making Spathion 0 Slot Mistake.
« on: March 06, 2013, 02:24:09 am »
+7
Hello,

First of all let me say great effort in the patch, Wonderful new artwork for new armors/etc.

I like the CrossBow 2 slot change to go with 0 slot change to 1h short swords, seems logical change for the better.

I have to assume making Spathion 0 slot was a mistake, because it simply does not make sense. The Spathion is a heavier longsword better than Knightly Arming Sword/Nordic Champions Sword. So why would Spathion be a 0 slot and the others be 1 slot?

My two cents:  Make Spathion a 1 slot item and then normalize the overpowered Paramerion sword worth half the cost.

Sincerely,

Keening
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:35:42 pm by Kalam »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: Making Spathion 0 Slot Mistake.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 02:59:40 am »
the Spathion is a good weapon... but not great. I believe it is 0 slot intentionally and that keeping it as such is perfectly ok. Think about it... It is VERY expensive... 0 slots makes it a tempting item for archers and xbows.. but xbows and bows are pretty pricey and if you use good ammo then your cost is getting pretty high... throw in a 10k side arm and you will lose money unless you switch to cheap ammo.

Offline WSC_Sorokopud

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Sorokopud
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 02:59:53 am »
Yes, absolutely agree with Keening. And please tell why Paramerion new sword is so overpowered? It is better than Nordic/Knightly Champ swords and still costs less. 

And, Matey 10k isnt a lot of money. Some people use to ride Heavy Chargers and thats not a problem for them
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:03:31 am by WSC_Sorokopud »

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:58 am »
Creating slot thing was a huge mistake I think. The best is carrying stuff if it can be carried with your str.
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:27:43 am »
It will be 1 slot.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Keening

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:28:40 am »
the Spathion is a good weapon... but not great. I believe it is 0 slot intentionally and that keeping it as such is perfectly OK. Think about it... It is VERY expensive... 0 slots makes it a tempting item for archers and xbows.. but xbows and bows are pretty pricey and if you use good ammo then your cost is getting pretty high... throw in a 10k side arm and you will lose money unless you switch to cheap ammo.

Thanks for the quick reply! You have a very good argument however balance should not be purely based around upkeep cost. As that creates an additional barrier against newer players (First couple of generations which as a casual gamer can take many months to reach) while the majority of players seem to be veterans only benefiting them further. Many players have lots of gold, many of the mounts cost 3x the cost of this sword and that does not prevent them from being 5+ of them all the field at all times. (During normal hours)

Having a long 0 slot weapon is of course an option, but this still does not make any sense as look at Knightly Arming Sword and Nordic Champions which cost only 500-1500 gold less and take up 1 slot, If that was the preferred course of action then I would expect all of those swords to also be 0 slot items instead of just being worthless as they are now.

Making short reach shorts swords 0 slot is great, that gives archers a way to realistically defend themselves using short weapons. I strongly disagree with making Spathion 0 slot, this is a huge mistake for CRPG as the biggest class benefited is Cavalry. You don't see Cav's running around with short sword trying to swipe people.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 06:59:11 am »
+2
Seriuslly wtf? 0 sloths for that weapon? Its got better stats than most 1 sloth weapons. Atleast make it shorter. Like 87 lenght, or lower its speed to 95 or something or give it less damage.......one of those.

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 09:25:18 am »
+11

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 11:22:10 am »
keep it in 0 slot, gives archers after all these nerfs to option defend them selfs  :)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 11:53:19 am »
+1
keep it in 0 slot, gives archers after all these nerfs to option defend them selfs  :)

Only in your dreams! lol. Archers defend themself by killing the enemy before they reach melee range, if the enemy makes it into melee range then it's only fair the archers are subject to anal rape if they have no team mates to defend them  :D.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 12:16:38 pm »
+2
I've been playing with my archer alt a lot because of this. Nothing feels better than shooting an enemy a few times first, and as he gets close I CUT THAT BITCH!

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »
You really think the spathion is so much better than eg, the broad short sword for an archer?
Sure, you get extra slice and range, but the 28p on the broad short sword and the speed is a godsend.
Who's gonna catch you? Guys in armour or shielders
Are they gonna be faster than you? Yes
Are they going to gank the fuck outta you? Yes

So what you want, is a short stabby sword, that can pierce plate, won't bounce off armour and has enough speed to make up for low wpf! And length doesn't mater cos you can't back peddle spam with arrows on your back!

The spathion as an archers weapon would be if you're getting chased down by guys in mail.

Offline tuttiritari

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TUTTIRITARI
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 03:34:33 pm »
Would be nice to hear from devs will spathion stay slot 0 before people start to loom it?

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 04:07:47 pm »
Only in your dreams! lol. Archers defend themself by killing the enemy before they reach melee range, if the enemy makes it into melee range then it's only fair the archers are subject to anal rape if they have no team mates to defend them  :D.

then they will keep kiting :D

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 04:09:08 pm »
+1
I dont use it atm because it feels like bugusing. I am quite certain it will be changed to 1 slot soon.

Anyway, I like the broad short WAY more. Looks hella cool and 28p at 102 speed is just crazy. I went 11 - 3 with just a the broad short and light armor yesterday on EU1 with my 21 1H wpf archer build. ( Ok, I picked up a bow from the ground to kill 2 peasants ... )