Author Topic: [Applications] Item balancers  (Read 17614 times)

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: [Applications] Item balancers
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:24 pm »
+11
Im up for this, veteran shielder, at least 1 gen with all classes (apart from trowing, only level 27 char on that).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 09:12:42 pm »
+4

EDIT: Deleting my app.  I am not the item balancing type.  (All I do is claim that mechanics need to be changed anyways.)

Would be out of place.  Thanks for the bit of support though :p
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:04:43 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 10:06:27 pm »
+4
I'd like to be in the balance team too. I am playing actively enough. My philosophy is simple, every class has it's place in the game; so every class should be equally good and fun. I also played all classes except horse crossbow and horseback throwing (which I do a lot in native too).

Not much else to say... I doubt I'll be chosen; because I am not very popular at forum most likely. But there are also very good candidates, so that's not much of a problem as long as the game is balanced and fun. Not that I am planning to do this all by myself if I get selected. I will listen to people opinions. So selecting me will be selecting everyone. Well.. by everyone I mean the "reasonable everyone" of course.

Edit: I feel a bit encouraged by the latest patch, and just realized at least half of my suggestions are implemented to the game in a way. I wanted dadao to be buffed, it got buffed. I suggested a score system to feel the balance between classes, it got implemented event though it is a bit flawed. Now I brought up the heavy horse-light horse issue, and it got implemented. There are some other ones that I can't remember too. Maybe it's just coincidence, but maybe a secret eye is watching me lol. I feel naked.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 01:30:28 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 08:29:06 am »
I'd fix balance between the Scottish sword, the Espada, and the long Espada.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 01:25:04 pm »
+27
I'm maybe not the most adored member, never appearing on the ever constant repeating e-peen threads, never been the best dueler etc

But I'v been here in the background for a very long time, before even the upkeep patch, watching with an attentive eye all the changes in crpg, playing on alts some obvious showed who i was was, others not

Now what really interests me is not the total class balancing like "nerf 2handers or buff spears" but those small items that no one seem to pay attention, that dont get the love that they diserve. We often hear the community wanting new items and variety, but the variety is already in game, it is just that the poor stats of some item makes them unappealing for the players who just flock to the same weapon!

Many times i have pointed out some obvious flaws in some items such like the :

-warhorses problem
-Heavy throwing axes and throwing axes, jarids and throwing spears
-Internal poleaxe balance (seems to be fixed since then with secondary mode)

I can think of many more such as the highest costing but unloved long espada eslanova, other cav stat inbalances.

And mainly, stop hating on the archers. Also I am very concerned about horse ranged case, the easy strenght requirements on crossbows allows horse crossbows to be far more effective then its counterpart, horse archery, who is agonizing. This could actually be easily solved by tweaking the strength requirements on light crossbows that is insanely low (7)

For the others, a lot of these imbalances could be solve by a simple stat tweak on the weapon.

this is why I would like to join the item balancers, to finally work on what needs to be done, and have an attentive ear to the community's complaints
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:52:59 pm by Lactose_the_intolerant »

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 05:48:50 pm »
+2
Interesting thought that you are accepting applications to the Item Balance Team. For some time everyone has been criticizing everything about the people who are included in it. I wish hope to all those accepted, because it looks like it will be more of a curse than anything else.

If horses are considered items, all my generation have been of cavalry except for 4 of which I was infantry polearms user, and I would enjoy working with others on discussing seriously over items and how they have been used and how they can be tweaked to set the pace of the game.

If you're looking for someone who will want to primarily focus on balancing the cavalry section of the game, let me know and I'll elaborate with a better "cover letter" in a pm.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 07:21:29 pm »
+41
Dont have time to make a long app, will edit this post when I get home.

Id be interested in this, played since servers reset every 30 mins. Played every class on my main char, fairly decent with all of them. Very interested in balancing for a very long time, would enjoy the opportunity.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 10:53:47 am »
+82
I'll start with the reason why I should be added to balancing team:
 which basically means a lot. I've stopped playing seriously in November and I play all the different classes now just to see how things are balanced. I don't have my own class now so I can't be biased as others may be.

And now a little story about me and cRPG:
I've played cRPG since its very beginning, played each class enough to know all of its details. I'm playing Mount & Blade since 2009, bought Warband when it got released in 2010. From the first days in this phenomenal mod I'm trying to contribute as I consider it a payment for my good hours in it. I applied and got picked by cmp as one of the WSE2 client beta-testers and I reported a lot of bugs/suggestions, so for what you see in client you could not only thank cmp (which did an enormous and awesome job!) but also us, beta-testers, a little for helping cmp.

Some players may know me as the author of the guide http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/crossbowery-basics-and-tricks/

I was trying to organize more contribution from players with this thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/motivating-people-to-make-mod-a-better-thing/ but in the end I got stopped by a huge wall between players and devs which simply didn't let me use your money on something that wouldn't be added for 100% sure.

I worked on hitboxes which you can see in cRPG now. http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/player-hitboxes/ The work is not over yet, but there are less ghost hits/shots now (hand hitboxes got added at least).

I fixed some models like this i.e. http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/fixed-models/

I fixed collision meshes for a huge amount of items (unluckily a lot of them were not added, but it's a matter of time) http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/fixed-pine-collision-mesh/

I also tried to find and discuss any of those strange items, but mostly kept talking about it in IRC http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/my-item-balancing-thread/

I've suggested so many things (most of them were suggested in IRC, and a lot of that got added in the direct or indirect way since 2010)

I'm not keen on masterworks (I have a lot of them now again though, but I never took part in marketplace operations to gain money). I gave the whole masterwork set of my crossbowman to random people for free (2 of items went to devs/admins to serve the community needs) http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/auction-23817

Hereby I promise not to stop working on the mod and move on to the balancing team. I promise to use all of my experience and do my best to make this mod a better thing to play!

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 10:58:58 am »
-Played Shielder, 2H, polearm, archer, cav and ath whore.

-Played since alpha

-played every warband mod

-played 1000+ hours of cRPG

-play mostly duels

-play with massive ping

-Maths minor (Not finished, not a drop out yet :)   )

-Lots of forum posts= bigger penis= bigger brain
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 10:02:27 pm »
Going to apply for this too... damnit!  :P

Who I am?

A noob that play C-RPG since september 2010... Is gen 27, retired one time at lvl 32, one time at lvl 33, respecced from lvl 33 and 32 too... played every class in this game... been a AGI whore and a STR whore.

Why should I be in the item balancer team?

To let you judge on how I will or want to balance thing, I'll just post here my vision on the C-RPG horses. That should give you a good idea if you would like me as an item balancer or not.

Horse would be divided into 6 different tiers, going from tier 0 to 5.

Tier 0 and 5 will only have one horse. Tier 1 to 4 will have 4 horses each.

In tier 1 to 4, horse will have 4 type: Agile, Fast, Jack of all trades, Hardened.

Here's the stat!  :)

Tier 0 - The commoner mount. (Cost: 5000 - Require riding lvl 3)

Sumpter horse

HP: 70
Body armor: 0
Speed: 40
Maneuver: 40
Charge: 0

Tier 1 - The page mount. (Cost: 10000 - Require riding lvl 4)

Desert horse

HP: 85
Maneuver: 45

Palfrey

Speed: 45

Steppe horse

Body armor: 10
Charge: 10

Rouncey

Body armor: 20
Speed: 38
Maneuver: 37
Charge: 20

Tier 2 - The cavalryman mount. (Cost: 20000 - Require riding lvl 5)

Arabian

HP: 100
Speed: 43
Maneuver: 48

Courser

Speed: 48
Maneuver: 43

Eastern

Maneuver: 43

Destrier

Body armor: 30
Speed: 41
Charge: 30

Tier 3 - The knight mount. (Cost: 30000 - Require riding lvl 6)

Barded

HP: 115
Maneuver: 42

Padded

Speed: 45

Warhorse

Large warhorse

Body armor: 40
Speed: 38
Charge: 40

Tier 4 - The heavy cavalry mount. (Cost: 40000 - Require riding lvl 7)

Cataphract

HP: 130
Maneuver: 42

Charger

Speed: 48

Eastern warhorse

Body armor: 40
Charge: 40

Mamluk

Body armor: 50
Speed: 41
Maneuver: 34
Charge: 50

Tier 5 - The monster. (Cost: 60000 - Require riding lvl 8)

Plated charger

HP: 160
Body armor: 60
Maneuver: 31
Charge: 60

Conclusion!

I feel that every item is a viable choice.

You're not getting screwed on upkeep for choosing a certain kind of horse.

Let the minus begin!  :P :lol:

(Stat are subject to change  :wink:)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Blackbow

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 282
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murcs
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 02:48:32 am »
+4
i play archer since a bit more than 2 years now i played pretty all classes and i would help you with archery...

so i will not tell you buff this or nerf this for the moment, i need to know what are you waiting from archery, what's your vision...
then i should be able to guide you...
i know archery is pretty hard to balance because in good hands it can be very powerfull and can break ingame balance

atm i found archery very frustrating because of :

1 - ghost arrows who could maybe fixed by increasing missile speed but that will make shot easier so maybe nerf again body damage to balance this... (since the last missile speed nerf i do rly more team hit and it's rly boring)

2 - long range shot are rly rly harder now and we have to break the distance... ofc i'm not asking to been able to kill people from other side of the map but somethimes if we want to help some team mate at long distance it's pretty impossible and you have to get closer very closer... time to break the distance your mate he's generaly dead and you feel useless...

3 - score system is a bit unfair for every shot we only get one 1 point maybe give 2 point for head shot would be cool because geting valour as archer without going in melee is pretty impossible atm...

4 - i feel there is less teamplay between inf and archers than in past, pretty all the times infantries charge straight and let archers behind without playing with them, without playing smart like in a real battle...

this 4 example are my vision of what is going wrong with archery ofc to lot of people that's sound like asking a buff...
i just want archery become a real suport class and i dream of more teamplay with infrantries. i dont want an overpowered class beeing able to one shot everything ... i want something pretty hard to play who give me some challenge and helpfull to my mates.
i can think from infantrie side, like 2 handers for example it's rly not funny to feel powerless front a range but it's maybe not a 2hander job to charge archers...

so i told you my vision but i'm able to respect some constraint to help you on how balance this class/items

at your service

the pimp

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
+3
Doubt i get support on this. but i'll give it a try, veteran player, 3k play time, retired over 30 times,at least 3 gens on every class, used every weapon. Regards Herkkutatti

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »
+7
I would love to be an item (un)balancer. 

I have multi-gen experience with all the major "classes."  I switch classes often enough to not have any favoritism.  I have a strong sense of fairness and discussing item balance & item stats is fascinating for me for some reason.  I haven't been a part of any major clans for the majority of my multi-year playing career (just joined a clan recently) so I think I'd be a good impartial candidate and not swayed by "lobbyists" -- even though that may net me less "support" in terms of +1's.  :)  I'm an independent candidate.

I have a strong philosophy of advocating only gradual, incremental, conservative changes (when called for) and an "ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.  That being said, I think there can be some improvement in the area of item balance right now, and I'd love to be a part of it!

The current state of combat:
I think that game is by-and-large balanced already.  That being said, there are some improvements to be made.  For example the new 1h weapons/shields introduced are a bit too powerful -- if the plan was to buff 1h weapons all around and the new items are intended to be the new norm, I still think they can be toned down just a bit.  There are several other items are useless to use (palfrey, eastern horse, for example) and items like these should be looked at. 

Tackling the problem of item balance:
Like I said before, tackling the problem of item balance should be done conservatively with deliberate thought.  I think each item should be considered on its own merit on a case-by-case basis...but items should not be reviewed in isolation.  Each item and play-style affects other classes as well.  Buffing one type of item or class often means nerfing another so a holistic view must be taken and deliberated upon.  I think its great to have a team of item balancers to build consensus.  The best would be to have a round of debate on an item, hearing arguments and counter-arguments...and then a vote.  Much like how parliament or congress works now but with less corruption. :)

In the end, I think item balance is super important in creating a great game.  This is all about the player experience, and all types of players should be respected.  C-RPG players deserve a rich combat experience with a well balanced and intelligently-designed palate of deadly instruments to choose from when expressing themselves in this medium of mayhem and slaughter.

I hope I can help out!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:48:37 pm by Garison »

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 04:53:30 pm »