Author Topic: 250 NA Accounts Banned  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
250 NA Accounts Banned
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:49:14 pm »

Dear chadz,

Your bans were not 100% accurate.

I have always, even with garguro, have been against exploiting.

Had i known that CTF was bugged, i would have shut it down.

I was on for a good 12 hours yesterday monitoring servers and the CTF server under my control was never at peak load. No problems were reported to me, nor did any ATS play for more than 5 or 10 minutes without realizing that without a proper map (spawn points Airith_ATS needs in order to make) makes the game mode shitty.

Its come to my conclusion that you banned based of XP. Great, you banned the ATS who were testing defend the village.

Almost 24 hours ago I reported to CMPX that the mode is majorly flawed and if left open to the public could be exploited. I EVEN warned other servers not under my management in order to prevent what you just did.

10 ATS, myself included played on a private 10 person pw locked defend the village server where it was carefully watched and tested. We played for a good 6 hours with good teamwork in which we earned a lot of XP. But in no instance did we break or abuse the game.

I locked the 10 man Defend the village server after doing testing in which I reported to cmpx that it was majorly bugged. I stat there and monitored the players and no exploiting was going on. Nor was the server ever CTF.

Might i mention that other servers that you decided to hook up to your database not under my control were also at some point running Defend the Village, in which i contacted the server owners and warned them not to let the public play because of something as crazy as this might happen.

I am very disappointed that after the many months I've been running the NA servers out of my own pocket and time you would go about doing something like this. I've done nothing but try and help you and the NA community.

ps. I wanted to talk to you in private but i couldn't even get 5 minutes of your time.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Re: 250 NA Accounts Banned
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »
This is bad, also shutting down Risen_cRPG back to Battle mode then.

Offline Metz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 06:57:37 pm »
I was also in the 10 man ATS Defend the Village server with ATS members and I can clearly state that they were there to test the new game mode and see what could be wrong with it. For one spawning with a cavalry breaks the game.

Offline Metz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »
Also doesn't this mean that 1/4 of the playerbase is banned?

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »
To be honest, this sounds like a major misunderstanding. To the fullest extent of my knowledge, ATS was not involved in any exploiting. It's a shame to see unjust accusations being hurled at them.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:35 pm »
I am also very upset by this. I played the Defend the village mode yesterday and my account was frozen as a result. chadz original post about CTF being bugged was extremly misleading, we reported the bugs to the Devs as soon as we were aware and we strictly controlled the server for those who did play. I am at a loss for words for this, to be accused of intentionally using a glitch to gain xp and gold is a dagger through alot of our members hearts. Do you honestly think we need to use a glitch to gain xp and gold? We pour a near infinite number of hours into this community and we provide quality servers were everyone is welcome and we are branded the same as a Balton? Words cannot describe how hurt some of us are, and the fact that is was a patch day which is obviously full of bugs that had be worked out....... I spend countless hours per day making sure everyone stays honest on the NA servers, admining, moderating...... and to just be cast aside and punished for this......I honestly don't know what to say to you.....

Offline Birds

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (GyB) Got your Back
  • Game nicks: Pharaoh_GyB
  • IRC nick: Birds
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:57 pm »
I got on CTF for like... 30 seconds at like, 530 becuase i didnt get to play the patch lastnight... so, i hopped on and saw lady gaga with her plated charger so i left... and went to battle, hopped on TS and heard everyone playen defend the village, so with all of the chaos members we got on that because it was fun and people were building things and we always died to the stupid engineers lol.. that was fun, after all the servers had to change to battle or CTF because defend the village was just a test... Most of my chaos friends went into the CTF server because it was an instant respawner and the arena map was up so constant action was happening and riding around on my courser 1hing people was actually... kind of fun. not gonna lie... but anyways. I saw this "bug" going on with all the xp gain but I thought it was because of how ever many times the flag was capt thats when you got xp... becuase for the rest of the night i didnt get any xp and i didnt before that either, just when we capt the flag i got it...I don't see how an error on chadz's part and us not understanding it,(no offense chadz) causes us, who are playing the mod you created for us, to get dissabled? I'm not trying to sound angry but like... honestly It's saturday and i got nothing to do.. so i play cRPG because im addicted to this game... I get on and find me acc whipped... wtf dude... cmon it's not my fault?  anyone get this problem? probably...
I can picture a world without war, a world without hate, a war where everyone gets along. I can also picture us destroying it, becuase they would not expect it.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »
a) all accs were restored hours ago
b) it wasn't meant to be a penalty but a char freeze so i can have a detailed look

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 07:12:39 pm »
a) all accs were restored hours ago
b) it wasn't meant to be a penalty but a char freeze so i can have a detailed look

Why couldn't you contact me before doing something like that. Give time for someone to explain or answer or something. NA gets left behind man, we're not EU.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »
I get your a busy guy chadz...and this is your mod, tons of people play it so there's gotta be tons of problems.

This situation is understandable and i saw it coming(tried to stop it), but the lack of NA attention at times makes me wanna gouge my eyes