Poll

Do you think that modifying textures or sounds to make the game easier is cheating?

Yes
No
I don't care

Author Topic: Cheating textures  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating textures
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2013, 04:41:01 pm »
+1
While we're at it:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/to-crush-your-enemies-see-them-driven-before-you/

Not as effective now that they changed the crop rotation map (by adding visible fences without collision meshes...I mean ffs guys)

I can't downvote you enough :(

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2013, 04:49:28 pm »
Wall hacks such as that are clearly a cheat and should be checked against.  Pink textures are far more marginal and im not really decided on those personally.
Turtles

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:25 pm »
+4
I personally don't mind the pink textured arrows that much but the transparent textures is a whole different case..
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline Robert

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen_Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Scrumpy
  • IRC nick: Scrumpy
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2013, 06:21:44 pm »
+7
So small cheat advantage  :D   big cheat advantage :(

:rolleyes: cheating is cheating

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2013, 06:45:57 pm »
+5
Pink stuff is cheating.  That's pretty scummy.

The heirloom pack doesn't let you see things from a far distance...if if you want to pick up used arrows or avoid all pikes from afar as a cav.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2013, 07:33:48 pm »
+5
In any other game pink textures or otherwise would be considered against the rules.  Why should that be different here?  I have an archer alt without any mods and it disappoints me to realize that lots are using unfair advantages over me.  Ban on sight anyone who admits to using the textures, then implement hash check, and ban whoever is caught with them.  Problem solved.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 12:45:06 am »
The hash check is performed on the files on your hdd, nothing stops anyone really dedicated from changing them after being placed in the ram (which should be even more easier since everyone disables "load textures on demand" - and yeah, ofc one could easily randomize the position of those files in the ram by using features in win 7/win 8)

But I guess whitelisting mods will be the best solution - for melee. shit wont happen with crpg, after all the modability of warband is what got us crpg in the first place.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 05:21:06 am »
+1
Lol this might just be me but who the fuck has difficulties in seeing the pike or long spear with normal settings? I think that's the first thing you learn to avoid as a horseman.

I just used heirloom model pack as an example. You gain unfair advantage with it if we start being all butthurt about some minor things. I just explained it in my last post. Transparent walls and Spleeno's wheat cutter are the only ones in this thread that cause problems in my opinion.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 06:59:38 am »
+2
In any other game pink textures or otherwise would be considered against the rules.  Why should that be different here?  I have an archer alt without any mods and it disappoints me to realize that lots are using unfair advantages over me.  Ban on sight anyone who admits to using the textures, then implement hash check, and ban whoever is caught with them.  Problem solved.

Whatever you do, don't click here or you may choke on your own tongue in outrage. Oh yeah, its stickied on the official forums.  :rolleyes:

http://forum.meleegaming.com/beginner%27s-help-and-guides/mods-compatible-with-crpg-%28updated-sticky%29/

You guys simply don't understand what "developer supported mods" means. Transparent walls? Cheating. You won't find those mods in that thread. Making your weapons look better/shinier/stupider? Making better/louder/softer sounds? Yep, its in there.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:47 am »
+2
The hash check is performed on the files on your hdd, nothing stops anyone really dedicated from changing them after being placed in the ram (which should be even more easier since everyone disables "load textures on demand" - and yeah, ofc one could easily randomize the position of those files in the ram by using features in win 7/win 8)
There is still way to do a randomly checksum of files loaded on RAM and compare with server hash, plus hash could be based on your own key to be sure you don't send a know common list to the server, there are many ways to piss off hackers and ban the whole cheat at least one time.

And if a game is based on level it's even easier to ban these shits by deleting their accounts. And if they can still rejoin with a new key, they will have to start to level 1.

NB : I'm not talking about cRPG, but in general against cheating
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:40:04 am by Elio »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 07:42:40 am »

But I guess whitelisting mods will be the best solution - for melee. shit wont happen with crpg, after all the modability of warband is what got us crpg in the first place.

is it really worth of that? I mean who would take such risks when it means a long ban if not permaban if it gets uncoated.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:04 am »
last time I checked we had a whole global unban forum dedicated to those dedicated men.

edit: maybe the irony of using dedicated twice wasnt obvious enough for shema, but so what
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:24:55 am by Spleen »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 10:58:35 am »
+4
Lol this might just be me but who the fuck has difficulties in seeing the pike or long spear with normal settings? I think that's the first thing you learn to avoid as a horseman.

As a colorblind person, I sure as hell do. The brown of the wood over the green of grass is not that visible for me. Same for metal over a majority of the wall textures.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »
+1
As a colorblind person, I sure as hell do. The brown of the wood over the green of grass is not that visible for me. Same for metal over a majority of the wall textures.
So do you consider it cheating if you brought up the visibility to the same level as non colorblind person has it?

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 03:55:27 pm »
+1

I just used heirloom model pack as an example. You gain unfair advantage with it if we start being all butthurt about some minor things. I just explained it in my last post. Transparent walls and Spleeno's wheat cutter are the only ones in this thread that cause problems in my opinion.

In fog, or at night sometimes I've been surprised by a pike or long spear.  It would certainly make my life a hell of a lot easier if all pikes/long spears were neon glowing pink.  Hell I could also make all the other rearing polearms like a neon orange as well.   Would make cavalry a lot easier.
 - Stolen from Macropussy